So I Checked My Mailbox Today...

#1 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

...and in it was a notification that I would have to go to the post office to pick up a package. So I went to the post office (which is really just a desk in the corner of a convenience store) and waited in line for five minutes because apparently some people aren't as impatient to finish doing their errands as I. Anyways, I got my package and brought it home and well, I knew what it was already when I got the notification but I opened it to give myself the satisfaction of verifying this.

The end result of this adventure of course being that I shall now adorn the walls of my apartment with total fantasy babes courtesy of the Biz! This is my first time buying any comic-related artwork (although they are posters, not original pages of a comic or anything) and I'm not regretting it. This is what living the life is all about kids.

Now I'm classy (I own paintings) and myself (their curvaceous bodies are so sexy) at the same time!

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#3 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: you like Simon Bisley? I wasn't sure if you would or not

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost said:

@Vance Astro: you like Simon Bisley? I wasn't sure if you would or not

I don't have a clue who he is. I was saying "Nice" because of the part about decorating your house with fantasy babes. 
#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: oh, well that's good enough for me...he's currently the guy doing the Hellblazer and Deathstroke covers though he did a bunch of other stuff in the 90's

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost said:

@Vance Astro: oh, well that's good enough for me...he's currently the guy doing the Hellblazer and Deathstroke covers though he did a bunch of other stuff in the 90's

I looked up his credentials.I don't think he's written anything i've read accept Grendel: War Child.
#7 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, ain't you living life classy.

#8 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Well, ain't you living life classy.

admit it, you're jealous

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: If I do, will you promise not to make fun of me?

#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: why would I make fun of you? I'd be jealous of me

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: You'd be jealous of yourself if you made fun of me? Is this some inception type sh*t?

#12 Posted by pikahyper (11485 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to think your Biz obsession may be bordering on the unhealthy o.o then again you are pretty young so maybe not.

Moderator Online
#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper said:

I'm starting to think your Biz obsession may be bordering on the unhealthy o.o then again you are pretty young so maybe not.

unhealthy? is it wrong to love someone's art? I'm pretty sure a lot of people on here love their favorite artist more then I do Biz (who probably isn't even my favorite artist)...

I needed something to hang on my walls and I just happened to be on the Heavy Metal site and saw a great deal so that's how this happened...I would love to buy his Hellblazer covers though

#14 Posted by SC (12696 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man thats so awesome!! I have some Heavy Metal. I have some old Heavy Metal that I inherited from Uncles. Simon Bisley's work I like. Really gritty. Great artist. I have art books by Luis Royo? Anyway cool, my walls are just covered by my finger prints and pencil smudges. (I use to put my own art on the wall, then I felt egotistical doing that, then I realized I was leaving pencil smudges on them... totally looks like i own a pet monkey that climbs walls)

#15 Posted by pikahyper (11485 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: I dunno you do talk about him a lot and you chastised me a couple times for not liking him :P

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by XMASCATEXE (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge props!!!!

Reasons

- I'm obsessed with Bisely too, and that's because his art is something that should be obsessed over (I ask everyone at this point but have you read Bodycount?)

- Art is fantastic and one should be open as far as possible to express and enjoy it. It increases the quality of life, something I wish for you all

- The human body and nature is beautiful and in itself art, so the same approach should be applied as above.

- I respect style. Be that people that style them self, or their domicile.

You have my blessing on this and congratulations of course.

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Niiiiice.

#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

Oh man thats so awesome!! I have some Heavy Metal. I have some old Heavy Metal that I inherited from Uncles. Simon Bisley's work I like. Really gritty. Great artist. I have art books by Luis Royo? Anyway cool, my walls are just covered by my finger prints and pencil smudges. (I use to put my own art on the wall, then I felt egotistical doing that, then I realized I was leaving pencil smudges on them... totally looks like i own a pet monkey that climbs walls)

Ah, I love Luis Royo as well, although I prefer Bisley I do have to respect that Royo puts out much more quantity while still retaining quality. I would love some posters of his work as well but it looks like they only sell art books. Do you have a particular favorite one? My walls had nothing but marks from all the times I've hit or scraped them =/ I used to put posters I didn't even care much about on my walls just so they'd look more stylized.

@pikahyper said:

@aztek_the_lost: I dunno you do talk about him a lot and you chastised me a couple times for not liking him :P

To be honest, I'm not sure why I talk about him so much, I think it might have to do with the fact that I'm usually a writer guy but Bisley is pretty much the only artist I can think of offhand that puts out something on a monthly basis that I love whereas most other favorite artists are inactive or sporadic in what they put out. Also, some artists I love are busy working on things that while they look cool aren't the type of things I want hanging on my walls or anything. For example, I love Massimo Carnevale but he hasn't really done the fantasy babe thing since his Skorpio/Lanciostory days and while I think his Northlanders covers are great, I don't want pictures of decapitated pig heads on my walls. Or Esao Andrews, I loved his covers but now that House of Mystery is cancelled, I don't know what he's doing.

Note: Interior art is for the most part in a different category of art for me, it's not something you can enjoy without the story for the most part while cover art is stand-alone and more of art for art's sake.

@XMASCATEXE said:

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge props!!!!

Reasons

- I'm obsessed with Bisely too, and that's because his art is something that should be obsessed over (I ask everyone at this point but have you read Bodycount?)

- Art is fantastic and one should be open as far as possible to express and enjoy it. It increases the quality of life, something I wish for you all

- The human body and nature is beautiful and in itself art, so the same approach should be applied as above.

- I respect style. Be that people that style them self, or their domicile.

You have my blessing on this and congratulations of course.

Thank you! And no I haven't read Bodycount yet though I fully intend to, it's been on my to-read list for a while...also Bisley's Lobo mini. I recently decided that my tattoos were going to be text-centric because I couldn't decide on which art pieces would be the ones I could justify as being the most deserving of being on my body but I figured putting some of my favorite art throughout my domicile was the perfect way of substituting it not being on my self.

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (57753 posts) - - Show Bio

PICS!
BB

#20 Edited by pikahyper (11485 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: I love Royo, he does actually put out art prints, tons of them, I've got five or six of them, they are poster sized and retail for around $45, you can find them sometimes for $15-20 online.

Have you ever heard of Katsuya Terada? The guy does beautiful work and it is definitely wall worthy and some aspects of his work like the creatures he draws are very Biz-esque (check the cow head hat in the below image), Dark Horse put out a print portfolio for him back in 2004, six color prints for $20 (40% off right now at tfaw).

EDITED: stupid spoiler barely ever works for me...

Moderator Online
#21 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Okay, I love four-five of those images (it'd be easier to appreciate them if they were larger though) but I'm confused, is that release a book or those six images in poster form? Idk what print portfolio infers.

#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I just wanted to mention that when I put up the 13 posters I was disappointed to find that one of them already had a noticeably large tear in it, good thing I'm not too concerned over the monetary value of these but I'm starting to grow tired of buying new things (whether it be books or posters or whatever) that aren't really in new condition to begin with.

#23 Posted by Billy Batson (57753 posts) - - Show Bio

pics or it didn't happen.
BB

#24 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

pics of what? I don't have a camera to take pictures of my house...

the best I could do is post here the posters I bought and mention where they are located in my apartment

#25 Posted by Billy Batson (57753 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

pics of what? I don't have a camera to take pictures of my house...

the best I could do is post here the posters I bought and mention where they are located in my apartment

pics of the posters.
BB

#26 Edited by pikahyper (11485 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@pikahyper: Okay, I love four-five of those images (it'd be easier to appreciate them if they were larger though) but I'm confused, is that release a book or those six images in poster form? Idk what print portfolio infers.

A print portfolio is usually some type of cardboard folder/case that holds loose prints of the same size, this particular print portfolio has six loose prints that are about 6 inches larger then an absolute (342.9mm x 263.525mm), they are printed on glossy high stock thick paper and then each print also comes with a black and white version on thinner paper explaining the piece so in total it has the oversized cardboard folder and when you open it it has a thick piece of cardboard to keep it from being damaged, six prints and 6 paper introduction pieces. Once you open the case all six prints can be dropped into frames or just attached to a wall but that would damage them.

Edited to add:

From what I've seen print portfolio's are not very common in North America, they are popular in Asia and parts of Europe (Spain & Italy and maybe the UK). I know Royo has a few print portfolio's.

Moderator Online
#27 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I can't find a lot of them in good-sized images for some reason.

Eh, but whatever...I got all the posters available here except Coldwater, Guardian of the Gate, Joan of Arc and Lingerie Kickboxer

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.