What If?? Current Silver Surfer in the DC world..

#1 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets say Current SS was going to play a major role in the DC World along side the Likes of Hal Jordan , Wonder Woman & Captain Marvel..
In your opinion due to his new power levels who would be his major threats & what role he would play in that?
Would he be a Loner on a crusade for Good in the Cosmos?
Have fun :-)

#2 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
I really just don't think Surfer would mesh in the world of DC....I think cosmic being shine much better in the Marvel Universe.

He wouldn't join a team and without his ties to Galactus and other heralds his story would be pretty boring.
#3 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Surfer would make a great DC character personally. The Surfer/Superman and Surfer/Green Lantern comics showed how well, and how well cared for he is.
Given those past relations and being a cosmic spanning character, i would think his DC adventures would continue to center around relations with the Lanterns,
and i likely crossing with the REBELS.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer would work very well as a DC character, I'd like to see a story where Galactus wants to eat Oa or something like that. 

#5 Posted by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
Surfer would work very well as a DC character, I'd like to see a story where Galactus wants to eat Oa or something like that. 
That would be an interesting arc but it was kinda done already in hunger Dakrseid v Galactus 
I'm not sure Surfer fits in DC, I think he would sit on the bench like Atom and Manhunter do, these guys are powerful but usually sit back so Batman or Superman can be in the spotlight
#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@MutenRoshi said:
@Gambit1024 said:
That would be an interesting arc but it was kinda done already in hunger Dakrseid v Galactus I'm not sure Surfer fits in DC, I think he would sit on the bench like Atom and Manhunter do, these guys are powerful but usually sit back so Batman or Superman can be in the spotlight
Well Surfer isn't really in Mavel's spotlight either, so it wouldn't be that drastic a change imo. I didn't read Darkseid v Galactus. How recent was that? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.