the silver surfer now a human

#1 Posted by blackadam2 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

what are your thoughts about the silver surfer becoming a human. do you like it, or not?

#2 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I'M MORE CONCERNED THAT A CHRISTIAN PREACHER IS NOW THE HERALD OF GALACTUS, OKAY?

#3 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@iLLituracy said:

I'M MORE CONCERNED THAT A CHRISTIAN PREACHER IS NOW THE HERALD OF GALACTUS, OKAY?

lmao, He couldn't be worse than deadpool

#4 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and mad love for loki for what he did. :)

#5 Posted by blackadam2 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

well, for me the story arc was lazy, it has its moments and had the potential, but it fell short. it has a lot of plot holes in it. i can't understand how the surfer is going to guard the seed as a human, without any powers? how is he supposed going to wate for the asgardians to die, or how is he going to call galactus when that happens. maybe fraction will answer this questions in a future.

#6 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i am so confused right now? When and where did this all happen? What seed? Is this the thing that Galactus and Odin were fighting about? Why did Silver Surfer change sides and how did he end up human?

#7 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

lol i am so confused right now? When and where did this all happen? What seed? Is this the thing that Galactus and Odin were fighting about? Why did Silver Surfer change sides and how did he end up human?

The Mighty Thor (2011) #6

#8 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38: thanks

#9 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@iLLituracy: bye bye muslams, hindus and atheists. you're F***ED now!

#10 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

...You all have ruined my joke.

#11 Posted by JediXMan (30565 posts) - - Show Bio

.... wait. Why is he human? He was never human to begin with. o_O

#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
That was the worst issue so far. So disappointed.
#13 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see . . .

The Hulk was beaten severely by Zeus.

Hercules was de-powered to the point of being a street-level hero.

Thor has been killed (then resurrected), then beaten by the Red Hulk and then even more.

I guess it's time the Silver Surfer got humbled.

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy
Then it wasnt a very good joke :)
#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc We dont speak of Loebforce Rulk.
#16 Edited by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@PowerHerc We dont speak of Loebforce Rulk.

Ah, yes, I see. Lol.

#17 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy
Then it wasnt a very good joke :)
Untrue. 

@PowerHerc said:

Let's see . . .

The Hulk was beaten severely by Zeus.

Hercules was de-powered to the point of being a street-level hero.

Thor has been killed (then resurrected), then beaten by the Red Hulk and then even more.

I guess it's time the Silver Surfer got humbled.

It's funny because that's the second time Surfer's lost his Power Cosmic this year.
#18 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember him being human in the first place. I don't like this.

#19 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not human. He just lost his Power Cosmic.

#20 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
The whole arc was lame.
#21 Posted by blackadam2 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

i mean, he became a mortal.

#22 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he made him a mortal. He gave him a human appearance. He said he would become weaker the further away from Earth he traveled. His Power Cosmic wasn't stripped from him. (This does not change my disgust for the whole issue.)

He's set to appear in the Defenders this December and I'm pretty sure this ties in to that.

#23 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: IT DOES N"T MAKE A BIT OF DIFFERENCE
#25 Posted by King_Thor (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...seeing as the Surfer is my favorite character, I can truthfully say no.

Matter of fact, I'm so pissed at Fraction, I've decided not to read ANYTHING this guy writes. Ever.

God, please go back to the X-men.

Christ, is there anyone at Marvel who is not afraid to tout Thor or the Silver Surfer as direct competitiors with DC's top dogs (Superman, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, etc...)? Stan Lee was not afraid to compete with DC's characters. In fact, that is why he created Thor (and expanded on the character created by Jack Kirby). Hell, these new EIC's are wussies. No backbone whatsoever.

My patience runs thin with Marvel.

#26 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is he human now? He's from an alien planet. Can't believe how Marvel ruined all their top tiers, they killed Thor, slowly JMS brought him back, only to have JoeQ make Thor a jobber again

they made Sentry, Marvel's prankish response to Superman but then Bendis got Sentry and the story sucked so bad

Surfer and the cosmics were kind of untouched but now the cosmics are jobbers or depowered or something stupid

#27 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't really matter because he'll be getting his power back before too long and then everything will revert to normal.

#28 Posted by ChrisPirate (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone explain before Fraction attempts to... HOW THE HELL IS SURFER COMING FROM THE COSMOS TO FIGHT IN FEAR ITSELF "The Deep" IF HE IS IN MORTAL FORM AND ALREADY ON EARTH BEFOR "Fear Itself".... Sorry for ALL CAPS but I as a surfer fan am practically screaming!!!

#29 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

If Galactus could become human, it was only a matter of time before it happened to Silver Surfer. He'll be back as the Silver Surfer in no time, so no reason to fret.

#30 Posted by DrLove (46 posts) - - Show Bio

so lame... Annihilators suck now.

#31 Posted by IncredibleMSJ (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait I thought he still had his power and that it got weaker the further he was away from the seed? And that Galactus said he could take a human form if he wished. Did I just miss something?

#32 Posted by IncredibleMSJ (46 posts) - - Show Bio

And agreed with everyone above. I'm tired of all the depowering of everybody and I was disappointed with this entire story.

#33 Posted by Abraxis20 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I understood it as the Surfer can now look human if he wants but still has his full power as long as he stays in Braxton. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.