Follow

Silver Surfer

Character » Silver Surfer appears in 2389 issues.

Norrin Radd of Zenn-La is the mighty herald of Galactus, the devourer of worlds. Gifted with the Power Cosmic and a trusty board that's faster than lightspeed, which he can summon at will whenever needed, Norrin Radd travels to distant reaches throughout the universe as the Silver Surfer.

"Surfing with the Alien" - Joe Satriani

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By thanosrules

Did you know about this album?

Surfing with the Alien
    Surfing with the Alien

If not, and you like pure guitar (or know Joe Satriani) give it a listen.

I think it is something Norrin would listen to while soaring the spaceways! :)

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Malevolent1

Hah. Joe is a MAJOR Silver Surfer fan. Love the song Return to Shall Bal, as well as the title track.

Since I'm bumping this, here are my suggested songs for the next (crosses fingers hopefully) Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer movie:

Driven, Sevendust (realizes the atrocities he's committed after realizing Galactus shut down his conscience so he could operate...more efficiently)

Faster Than The Speed of Light, Rising Force (light speed flight segment)

Unraveling, Sevendust (break up with Shalla Bal)

Silent Lucidity, Queensryche (time travel with Alicia)

Atomic_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Atomic_Punk

@Malevolent1: Props on the Yngwie shout out.

Atomic_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Atomic_Punk

For more SS inspired rock/metal check out Bal-Sagoth's Power Cosmic album, specifically the song "Scourge of the Fourth Celestial Host". Not very close musically (it's pretty heavy/some deathy vocals) but all about SS and the Celestials. Good stuff.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Malevolent1

@Atomic_Punk said:

For more SS inspired rock/metal check out Bal-Sagoth's Power Cosmic album, specifically the song "Scourge of the Fourth Celestial Host". Not very close musically (it's pretty heavy/some deathy vocals) but all about SS and the Celestials. Good stuff.

OUTSTANDING!!

Thx!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm just bumping this thread to say that I've got the album, I've seen Joe live twice and I've got the Joe Satriani, "surfing with the alien" T-shirt and its just about my favourite T-shirt being both a massive Satch fan and massive Surfer fan. Ok, I slightly prefer Superman, but Surfer ain't far behind!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.