Follow

Silver Surfer

Character » Silver Surfer appears in 2389 issues.

Norrin Radd of Zenn-La is the mighty herald of Galactus, the devourer of worlds. Gifted with the Power Cosmic and a trusty board that's faster than lightspeed, which he can summon at will whenever needed, Norrin Radd travels to distant reaches throughout the universe as the Silver Surfer.

Silver Surfer isn't unbeatable (I had to do it)

• 152 results
    Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
    The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Seriously guys, we understand that his recent showing against BRB was pretty impressive (I'm not even going to bring up his win via plot device against Aegis and Tenebrous), but stop making him out to be as powerful as his creator. It's getting ridiculous at this point regarding threads that match him up with Monarch, Superman-Prime, all of Marvel & DC Earth, etc. Is he the most powerful herald? Sure. Is he a universal threat, or even a star system-buster? Absolutely not.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pooty
    @The Mjolnir Wielder:  Couldn't SS SOLO both of your avatars at the same time?
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By sexy_merc

Surfer is one of the most powerful superheroes right now. He gets hyped by CERTAIN people, like Superman, Juggernaut etc. I wouldn't specifically say Surfer is unbeatable without including the many others who are over-hyped by those certain individuals.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silver2467

While I am not sure if this actually does belong in the battle forums, this did have to be done. Although, to be fair, there are other characters who deserve this just as much as Surfer do, but it does get ridiculous. 

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By jumpstart55
    @The Mjolnir Wielder said:

" Seriously guys, we understand that his recent showing against BRB was pretty impressive (I'm not even going to bring up his win via plot device against Aegis and Tenebrous), but stop making him out to be as powerful as his creator. It's getting ridiculous at this point regarding threads that match him up with Monarch, Superman-Prime, all of Marvel & DC Earth, etc. Is he the most powerful herald? Sure. Is he a universal threat, or even a star system-buster? Absolutely not. "

That  Silver Surfer vs all Marvel/DC heroes and villains Thread sent  you of the edge right.  
    I totally agree with you,the Silver surfer is vastly over rated on the vine it needs to stop.
    The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:
    " @The Mjolnir Wielder:  Couldn't SS SOLO both of your avatars at the same time? "
    Yet the guys in my background and profile images, respectively, would beat him down to a bloody pulp.
    Avatar image for supermandefender
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By supermandefender

Actually Surfer just road the Crunch the source that made Aegis and Tenebrous and he was risking complete and other death attempting it. But it succeeded and he made a wave that comsumed Aegis and Tenebrous killing them. The power that created them destroyed them....it was not the Surfer that did this. That isnt a high feat. Surviving a blast from Aegis and Tenebrous was a high feat I guess....but they said they didnt want to kill so I am kind of unsure about that. 

Surfer is not a universal threat. He is a Thor level after his boost problly alittle better than Thor. Classic Thor problly beat him sense Surfer has a weakness to magic. Any of the Dc heavy hitters can beat him just Surfer can problly beat them to....another thing is Surfers cosmic awareness I think is confusing the young minded it doesnt give Surfer all the knowledge of a character. He can sense energy from a light year away any forms of it....he can study all energies into subatomic detail and copy them exactly. And he has a awareness of the state the universe is in.....cosmic threat or unbalance will be a red flag to him. 

DC's energys like GL ring will be completely new to the Surfer his cosmic awareness can pick it the energy until he can study it in sub atomic detail but he couldnt copy it or known anything about it until he encounters it. Then its fair game for  the Surfer.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

No, he's not un-beatable, but I would like to dirrect your attention to the aformentioned thread of "all of Marvel & DC Earth " when I read this I picture WW3 with BA vs DC Earth.  BTW, if you notice in that thread, I say BA could beat-down Surfer :p
    JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JThree47693

No, Surfer isn't unbeatable, but he is a damn beast.
    The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55 said:
    "@The Mjolnir Wielder said:

" Seriously guys, we understand that his recent showing against BRB was pretty impressive (I'm not even going to bring up his win via plot device against Aegis and Tenebrous), but stop making him out to be as powerful as his creator. It's getting ridiculous at this point regarding threads that match him up with Monarch, Superman-Prime, all of Marvel & DC Earth, etc. Is he the most powerful herald? Sure. Is he a universal threat, or even a star system-buster? Absolutely not. "

That  Silver Surfer vs all Marvel/DC heroes and villains Thread blew you of the edge right.  I totally agree with you,the Silver surfer is vastly over rated on the vine it needs to stop. "
    The threads involving him recently all happen to be total mismatches, but "The Cheese Pickle", who plagiarized Morpheus a little while ago, claimed that Surfer could beat a fully-powered Galactus.
    CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CosmicSpiral
    @supermandefender said:
    " Actually Surfer just road the Crunch the source that made Aegis and Tenebrous and he was risking complete and other death attempting it. But it succeeded and he made a wave that comsumed Aegis and Tenebrous killing them. The power that created them destroyed them....it was not the Surfer that did this. That isnt a high feat. Surviving a blast from Aegis and Tenebrous was a high feat I guess....but they said they didnt want to kill so I am kind of unsure about that.   Surfer is not a universal threat. He is a Thor level after his boost problly alittle better than Thor. Classic Thor problly beat him sense Surfer has a weakness to magic. Any of the Dc heavy hitters can beat him just Surfer can problly beat them to....another thing is Surfers cosmic awareness I think is confusing the young minded it doesnt give Surfer all the knowledge of a character. He can sense energy from a light year away any forms of it....he can study all energies into subatomic detail and copy them exactly. And he has a awareness of the state the universe is in.....cosmic threat or unbalance will be a red flag to him.   DC's energys like GL ring will be completely new to the Surfer his cosmic awareness can pick it the energy until he can study it in sub atomic detail but he couldnt copy it or known anything about it until he encounters it. Then its fair game for  the Surfer. "
    That was a high feat, just not a reproducible one. 

Thor and Surfer have always been evenly matched.
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By supermandefender
    @Sexy Merc:  Exactly...alot of hyped up talk. But there are semi good reasons for there hype I believe. Superman gets hyped because of his feats...his strength. Surfer gets hyped because of his powers.
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By difficlus
    @jumpstart55 said:
    " @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
    That  Silver Surfer vs all Marvel/DC heroes and villains Thread blew you of the edge right.  "
    wow there's a thread like that? someone needs to put down the pipe.lol. 

Seriously SS isn't beatable, but its because of his insane versatility that makes people see him that way. Like Superboy-Prime, surely SS could drain the energy out of him right? Or attack him telepathically. its things like that that guarantee SS the win over some scenarios, however i'm not saying he can defeat all the GLs at the same time or Bust a star system (and those saying that should check their blood pressure). But yes SS vs All DC and Marvel is obviously a spite from someone who hates SS.lol. 
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hellos

Not a battle. 

Now thats out of the way, Norrin's just the flavor of the month for people to put him into thread after thread. Certain posters have dedicated themselves to that.  
    Is everyone forgetting Jean Grey after Jean Grey poll thread a while back.
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By supermandefender
    @CosmicSpiral:  not so much speaking Thor beat Surfer everytime they fought and when Surfer did get the upper hand in Silver Surfer #4 he got amped by Loki to beat Thor. But that was Classic Thor. Current Thor hasnt shown anything as impressive besides going OD or Warrior mode. Surfer has...only diff.
    jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By jumpstart55

" @jumpstart55 said:

That  Silver Surfer vs all Marvel/DC heroes and villains Thread blew you of the edge right.  I totally agree with you,the Silver surfer is vastly over rated on the vine it needs to stop. "
    The threads involving him recently all happen to be total mismatches, but "The Cheese Pickle", who plagiarized Morpheus a little while ago, claimed that Surfer could beat a fully-powered Galactus. "
     I want to cry after reading that statement.
    Surfer has what percentage of galactus's power? 
    I know its low.
    The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@difficlus said:
    " @jumpstart55 said:
    " @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
    That  Silver Surfer vs all Marvel/DC heroes and villains Thread blew you of the edge right.  "
    wow there's a thread like that? someone needs to put down the pipe.lol.  Seriously SS isn't beatable, but its because of his insane versatility that makes people see him that way. Like Superboy-Prime, surely SS could drain the energy out of him right? Or attack him telepathically. its things like that that guarantee SS the win over some scenarios, however i'm not saying he can defeat all the GLs at the same time or Bust a star system (and those saying that should check their blood pressure). But yes SS vs All DC and Marvel is obviously a spite from someone who hates SS.lol.  "
    A Guardian needed to sacrifice himself in order to even BFR Prime, he would slaughter all of Galactus' heralds at the same time.
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sexy_merc
    @Sexy Merc said:

" He gets hyped by CERTAIN people, like Superman. "

@supermandefender:

Just kidding.
    The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55 said:

" @jumpstart55 said:

The threads involving him recently all happen to be total mismatches, but "The Cheese Pickle", who plagiarized Morpheus a little while ago, claimed that Surfer could beat a fully-powered Galactus. "
     I want to cry after reading that statement.Surfer has what percentage of galactus's power? I know its low. "
    As far as I know, much lower than 1%
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By supermandefender
    @Sexy Merc:  lol its all good.
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hellos
    "A Guardian needed to sacrifice himself in order to even BFR Prime, he would slaughter all of Galactus' heralds at the same time. "

That I would have my doubts on PISrainbowboy Prime.
    The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hellos said:
    "Not a battle.  Now thats out of the way, Norrin's just the flavor of the month for people to put him into thread after thread. Certain posters have dedicated themselves to that.  Is everyone forgetting Jean Grey after Jean Grey poll thread a while back. "
    Zoom's "News Flash: Killer Croc isn't all that powerful" thread wasn't a battle, but it was completely necessary for the forum at the time.
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sexy_merc

To be fair, the Guardians are written like shit right now. There's no reason to think it would take more than one Guardians to destroy him.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CosmicSpiral
    @supermandefender said:
    " @CosmicSpiral:  not so much speaking Thor beat Surfer everytime they fought and when Surfer did get the upper hand in Silver Surfer #4 he got amped by Loki to beat Thor. But that was Classic Thor. Current Thor hasnt shown anything as impressive besides going OD or Warrior mode. Surfer has...only diff. "
    No, they're really even. Thor never won by a large margin, not even in Blood and Thunder. 
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By supermandefender
    @The Mjolnir Wielder:  It was stated a small portion of Galactus's power cosmic. Whatever that means. But Surfer did get Amped up in Annihilation he may be 2% of Galactus now lol I dunno.
    pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pooty
    @The Mjolnir Wielder:  you have to look at who made the SS vs everybody thread. when i see a person make a thread involving their avatar you almost have to ignore it cuz they are usually unreasonable. i want to make a thread using my avatar but he would beat everybody.
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hellos

"Zoom's "News Flash: Killer Croc isn't all that powerful" thread wasn't a battle, but it was completely necessary for the forum at the time. "

I somehow doubt it directly resulted in the end of Killer Croc threads.  
    Vine has a lot of flavor of the month character battle threads, SS isn't the first nor will it be the last name that will show up over and over again.
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By supermandefender
    @CosmicSpiral:  Blood and Thunder Thor beat Surfer so bad he had to go ask for help from Adam Warlock and then after fighting him a second time they ran away again. lol If you dont call that losing I dunno what to call it. Its 2v1 there. lol.
    The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hellos said:
    "A Guardian needed to sacrifice himself in order to even BFR Prime, he would slaughter all of Galactus' heralds at the same time. "
    That I would have my doubts on PISrainbowboy Prime. "
    You shouldn't 

@Edamame
    said:

" @The Mjolnir Wielder: Do you agree that Hyperstorm could defeat the Silver Surfer? "

Definitely, Hyperstorm is on a completely different level. 

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CosmicSpiral
    @supermandefender said:

" @CosmicSpiral:  Blood and Thunder Thor beat Surfer so bad he had to go ask for help from Adam Warlock and then after fighting him a second time they ran away again. lol If you dont call that losing I dunno what to call it. Its 2v1 there. lol. "

Surfer wasn't hurt badly, not even when Thor hammered him through multiple pages. But he couldn't stop Thor. 
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By tensor

he is not unbeatable, but he his the best thing marvel superhero wise a little bit over the top some times

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hellos
    "You shouldn't "

Well I'm sure DC could write up some crap how his punches suck the PC out of the heralds and Stardust somehow turns into something he can actually kill and such, while ignoring Norrin's much more versatile power set.
    Plus the Gnomes aren't the best measuring stick anymore.

"Definitely, Hyperstorm is on a completely different level.   " 

Well he was a reality warper that could tap into limitless energies to boot. Little out of Norrin's league normally.
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hellos
    @Edamame said:

"Some say that he is more powerful than Thanos now. "

Who? Norrin? 
    We have no clue how powerful Thanos is yet other than being able to bring death to deathless beings, which is directly a result of being the Avatar of Death.
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By supermandefender

No Caption Provided
    Nuff said: He beats all of Marvel and DC PPL!
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By difficlus
    @Edamame said:
    " Some say that he is more powerful than Thanos now. "
    we dont know...they havent fought yet. he always has a weakness to thanos. with his upgrade maybe he could give him a better fight than before. idk...
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hellos
    @supermandefender said:
    "

Nuff said: He beats all of Marvel and DC PPL! "

Nothing beats some horrible PIS how someone that can sit inside stars not feeling the heat getting hurt by what should be an unimaginably weaker force.
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hellos
    @difficlus said:
    " @Edamame said:
    " Some say that he is more powerful than Thanos now. "
    we dont know...they havent fought yet. he always has a weakness to thanos. with his upgrade maybe he could give him a better fight than before. idk... "

While weakened he matched Thanos's energy output in annihilation, but again we don't know how powerful current Thanos is.
    Avatar image for galactusischere
    Galactusischere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Galactusischere

The Asgardian Destroyer is still the most powerful herald of Galactus, not Silver Surfer.

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By supermandefender
    @Hellos:  lol its a joke.
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hellos
    @supermandefender said:
    " @Hellos:  lol its a joke. "

Yah, I'm not too big on pulling horrible low showings / PIS for characters. Thats the stuff generally when I see it in a comic I'm going to facepalm.
    Avatar image for galactusischere
    Galactusischere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Galactusischere

Contrary to popular belief, Surfer never got a power up in Annihilation. He only got a better mindset as he rejected Galactus's amp.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hellos
    @Edamame said:
    "
    How powerful is Thanos in the Thanos Imperative so far? 
    "

Avatar of awsome Death powerful, which is the best answer I can give.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By Decoy Elite
    Are you saying I shouldn't make that TOAA vs Silver Surfer thread? >:/
    Arvinak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Arvinak

Yeah Surfer has always been overrated, i'm just glade someone said it, fanboys treat him like that I think because he is kind of like Marvel's Superman, you know just the untouchable character, that's why Marvel fanboys flood the Surfer vs Superman debate, Surfer has become the poster boy to defeating supes, dc's poster  boy. Just boils down to Marvel vs DC. That is just where I have encountered the most fanboy's, in supes debates.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.