silver surfer board

#1 Posted by Formian (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Silver Surfer board powers him like in the movie FF2?

#2 Posted by PACman (17 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He doesn't need it to do ANYTHING that he normaly does .. like flight. he doesn't need the board to fly. It simply aids him.
Post Edited:2007-07-12 01:45:49

#3 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually... He does need the board to fly and it responds to his mental commands.

Otherwise, yeah Surfer's powers come from within him.

#4 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Actually... He *does* need the board to fly and it responds to his mental commands. Otherwise, yeah Surfer's powers come from within him."

No he does not need the board to fly. It just keeps him from expending his own energy to fly.

#5 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's that?

I've seen a half dozen times where he's separated from his board by villains who think his power comes from it and he corrects them by saying it's merely his mode of transporation. This was especially memorial when he fought the Runner and directly compared his board to Runner's legs.

#6 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe "Although the Silver Surfer could utilize his vast cosmic power for unaided propulsion, he generally employs his surfboard to fly since it does not require any of his personal energy to operate"

I guess when he fought the runner, he realized that his speed wouldn't help him and he wanted to save his energy for battle rather than flight.

#7 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just going off having never seen him fly unaided without his board.

but if that's what the OHotMU says then...

#8 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I know what your saying. I guess maybe it would take so much of his energy that it just isn't worth it.

#9 Posted by Darth vince (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though surfer can fly without his board why should he. He looks much cooloer on it and he couldnt be called the silver surfer. lol

#10 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, to be accurate, the SS does use a healthy amount of Sex Wax on his board, thus allowing him a greater degree of resistance to mass and velocity, as well as space debris...fyi

#11 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth vince says:

"Even though surfer can fly without his board why should he. He looks much cooloer on it and he couldnt be called the silver surfer. lol"

Yeah he'd just be "Silver"

#12 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Satyrquaze said:

I'm just going off having never seen him fly unaided without his board.

he can levitate or expell cosmic energies using the solar winds to fly without the board

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.