Is the surfer dying?

• 53 results
#1 Posted by Blackjuggy (189 posts) - - Show Bio

I read on marvel.com that in the Marvel knight series Silver Surfer Requiem he's dying. So he's going on his last voyage in the universe.

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Blackjuggy (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are they tryin to kill him off

#4 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because it will make a good story.

#5 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

yea why are they trying to kill him off

#6 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Probably because it will make a good story."
#7 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

but still there killing alot of chacters lately

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait till they kill Spider-Man.

#9 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

they already did and if they kill spiderman for good i will be PISS OFF

#10 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Blackjuggy says:

"I could understand Killing off barely noticable characters because marvel has to many characters. BUt the people lately are well known and important."

yea

#11 Posted by Blackjuggy (189 posts) - - Show Bio

I could understand Killing off barely noticable characters because marvel has to many characters. BUt the people lately are well known and important.

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

They're going to kill him again soon, for at least a year.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"Blackjuggy says:
"I could understand Killing off barely noticable characters because marvel has to many characters. BUt the people lately are well known and important."

yea"

Other than Cap, who was so damn important?

#14 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"They're going to kill him again soon, for at least a year."

i don't think so he is like the most popular character and there making a new cartoon on him and a new movie

#15 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"Blackjuggy says:
yea"
Other than Cap, who was so damn important?"

sufer was golaith that important and thor

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"Buckshot says:
"They're going to kill him again soon, for at least a year."

i don't think so he is like the most popular character and there making a new cartoon on him and a new movie"

You believe what you want, I know what I read. Cap was popular and look at him.

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"Buckshot says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Blackjuggy says:
yea"

sufer was golaith that important and thor"

Surfer's not dead yet and you were saying that they'd already killed lots of important people. Black Goliath was not important and Thor is alive. Who else?

#18 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

you know there is a possibilty of him comiing back i mean he was killed so many times and spiderman i think only died once

#19 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"Buckshot says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Blackjuggy says:
yea"
Surfer's not dead yet and you were saying that they'd already killed lots of important people. Black Goliath was not important and Thor is alive. Who else? "

thor back cool

#20 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Surfer that important? Is his presence integral to any of the major comics in Marvel?

#21 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

well i think he is important cause he is in the top of the most powerful characters

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"you know there is a possibilty of him comiing back i mean he was killed so many times and spiderman i think only died once"

That means when they kill him it will have even more impact. That's why they're going to do it. Bye bye Spider-Man.

spiderman0409 says:

"well i think he is important cause he is in the top of the most powerful characters "

Being powerful doesn't make him important to the stories being told. The living tribunal is hella powerful but if he's not really important.

#23 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we have a second of silence for the soon to be departing Spiderman?

Thank you.

#24 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

i know i just said that cause thats what i think

#25 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Can we have a second of silence for the soon to be departing Spiderman? Thank you."

i don't really spiderman is going to die anytime soon just saying

#26 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by Case Closed (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I would enjoy it more if they killed characters and they stayed dead. Killing off spiderman forever would be a cool move. Or just killing off peter parker.

#28 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Case Closed says:

"I would enjoy it more if they killed characters and they stayed dead. Killing off spiderman forever would be a cool move. Or just killing off peter parker. "

it would be a stupid move

#29 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you Case. Death doesn't mean much of anything in comics.

#30 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Peter is getting old...maybe a successor?

#31 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

the guy isn't really that old a old person would someone like reed richards

#32 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

A friend of mine works for marvel and he said that spiderman is going to die in a battle with some guys robbing a bank. Do you remember that guy ACE that looked like michael jackson and was quick enough to cut spidey? He is coming back and its his gang that robs the bank Spidey is gonna get killed by ace's knife. They are going to try and do it like when his uncle ben died. It is supposed to be the same frame by frame as Ben's death. Some teenage kid is going to witness it and take spidermans outfit before anyone else arrives. This kid will train to become the new spiderman.

#33 Posted by speed (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"Buckshot says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Blackjuggy says:
yea"
Surfer's not dead yet and you were saying that they'd already killed lots of important people. Black Goliath was not important and Thor is alive. Who else? "

buckshot lol

#34 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#35 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#36 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#37 Posted by Case Closed (184 posts) - - Show Bio

-000 says:

"Well, Peter is getting old...maybe a successor?"

That would be kinda cool.

#38 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

The kid that finds spidermans suit and takes over his identity will be trained to fight by...spoiler alert...Captain America. That's right Captain America is in an old WWII bunker recovering with the aid of the night nurse. When he hears of spiderman's death and the kid who is trying to take over for spidey, Cap sends the Falcon to recruit the kid. The Falcon actually trains and spars with kid under caps guidance.

#39 Posted by Li'l T-bo (145 posts) - - Show Bio

u crazy

#40 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#41 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

First off Valkaad, bullshit, Secondly, Surfers not dead, it's an alternate universe

#42 Posted by Blackjuggy (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank u for clearin that up

#43 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

When the comic comes out you'll owe me an engraved apology

#44 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get back to you when the teenage mutant ninja turtles start climbing out of my belly button

#45 Posted by Golden Surfer (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#46 Posted by Golden Surfer (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#47 Posted by LstPaladin (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

The surfer is not only one of the most powerful they have, but he is also one of the most interesting. His story line is great. I remember when he first appeared and the story was great

#48 Posted by CharDOOOM (3 posts) - - Show Bio

So can someone confirm that Requiem is an alternate universe? I've scouring the internet to find out because I thought Surfer died but I still see him appearing in things. I was getting very frustrated with Marvel.

#49 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

CharDOOOM says:

"So can someone confirm that Requiem is an alternate universe? I've scouring the internet to find out because I thought Surfer died but I still see him appearing in things. I was getting very frustrated with Marvel."

Requiem is another universe....or another timeline

Silver Surfer is alive has appeared in annihilation contest and right now is appearing in "Nova" along with Galactus

#50 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah and fighting him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.