Is The Silver Surfer A Relic?

#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (726 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently I came across a thread about the Silver Surfer and it was mention that because of his name (the Surfer part anyway) and the fact he uses a flying surf board to get around, that he was dated, a product of his era (the 60's). Well is he?

#2 Posted by FunnyStuff707 (179 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think so. He's a relevant character with a lot of really meaningful stuff to say.

#3 Posted by Hypno_Hustler (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkKnight96000 said:
" Recently I came across a thread about the Silver Surfer and it was mention that because of his name (the Surfer part anyway) and the fact he uses a flying surf board to get around, that he was dated, a product of his era (the 60's). Well is he? "
No way! He's still a major character, he just isn't being used properly these days. That ridiculous story where Rulk drained him of the power cosmic probably damaged newer readers' perception of how powerful he is and this rather irritates me.
#4 Posted by vidarrodinson (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel won"t admit this.  But they gave up on him when he could'nt pull his title.  Stop and think.  How many heralds has Galactus had after SS.?  Galactus gave up on him too.  Can the guy power up a heralds like General Motors or what?  A good writer could  make a difference.  He needs to be in space.
#5 Posted by iLLituracy (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

No. 

I'm pretty sure people still surf, too. Not that it would matter if they didn't.

#6 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
Last time I checked people still surf.... If they didn't what does it matter? There are heroes from various times throughout comics that are still relevant. 
#7 Posted by AssertingValor (5447 posts) - - Show Bio

no.......  people surf today too...............

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.