Follow

Silver Surfer

Character » Silver Surfer appears in 2388 issues.

Norrin Radd of Zenn-La is the mighty herald of Galactus, the devourer of worlds. Gifted with the Power Cosmic and a trusty board that's faster than lightspeed, which he can summon at will whenever needed, Norrin Radd travels to distant reaches throughout the universe as the Silver Surfer.

Feats & Scans.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
    The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Mayhem_Theory
    I think it's fair to request feats and scans of a popular character, especially when said character is so versatile with his abilities. Being a fan of the Surfer, I sometimes forget what abilities he has, and have to breeze through multiple comics just to find what the heck I was looking for. This might even be useful for battles as well as getting others interested in the character, if not more. So I'm asking for us fans to gather our sources and provide ComicVine with images showcasing Surfer at his best and at his worst, at his most powerful and not.

It doesn't matter what feat or scan, so long as it's posted, and why not share the comic info, too. That way it's easier to track down.
    The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Mayhem_Theory
    @Edamame said:
    No Caption Provided
    ^ Up above is the Silver Surfer having defeated Cable (in Cable and Deadpool: Volume 2: The Burnt Offering).
    What are the specifics of that ability? Is he transmutating Cable's arm, or just using regular cosmic eye beams to disintegrate it? It's not exactly what I was looking for in terms of feats and scans, but I guess it's an okay start.
    The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Mayhem_Theory
    @Edamame said:
    @The_Mayhem_Theory: I believe that the Silver Surfer was employing his energy absorption and energy projection powers. I am quite certain that the Silver Surfer was absorbing much of the telekinetic energy that Cable was emitting, and he subsequently utilized all of that energy to project an energy blast. So, according to my understanding, those two abilities would be energy projection and energy absorption. 
    Fair enough.
    ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThanoStomp
    @The_Mayhem_Theory:  

Also in that same book it was stated that both SS and Cable were repairing all the damage they were doing while they were fighting.  They flew through ships and put them back together while fighting via telekenetic/matter manipulation powers.  Cable's bio here on the Vine says that Cable was doing all the repairing, but they way I read these scans, they were both doing it.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Just in case the scan is not clear, hears what is said: 
    Sheild Agent:  Colonel Fury, the bogeys are doubling back (refering to SS and Cable - SS grabbed Cable and took him for a ride) 
    Fury: Location? 
    SA: Flying over..no, wait..flying THROUGH Providence(Cable's floating ship). 
    Fury:  Casualties? 
    SA:  None. 
    Fury:  How-- All that power they're spitting out? 
    SA:  I-- well, it seems they're vaporizing everything around them, Sir-- and putting it back together again at the same time! 

Later Cable says:  This is enough! We can't keep repairing all this damage-- I can't -- last much longer. 
     Cable breaks Surfer's board (impressive), which he later reforms, and gets a nice shot on Surfer sending him flying, but no real damage.  Surfer then takes him easily out as you see in the scan. 

Overall, very impressive telekentic and matter manipulation feats shown by both.  It can be said that Cable's full attention was not on the Surfer, but its still a pretty sound on-panel beating of God Mode Cable.  Actually, its less like a beating and more like a one shot.
    The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Mayhem_Theory
    @ThanoStomp said:

That was just epic, dude. Awesome.
    DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By DATNIGGA

Im confused on how the silver surfer showed up in the first place I mean he would show up when cable starts threatening the natural order of the world... 

but he didn't show up when apoc took over the world or when dr doom threatened to become the most powerful being on earth in doom war or when the world was at war with the hulk and his war bound & theirs MANY other earth catastrophes I'm not mentioning but lol why would he randomly show up for one chaotic event? did read richereds call him or something? 

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hoboseid

Most people forget about his "board", it is part of him, obeys his mental commands, his board is glazed in silver skin and almost unbreakable, it helps him hit light speeds with ease and it can do other tricks like ram into enemies, give his friends a ride, block attacks or trap people etc

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

>

King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Thor
    No Caption Provided

Personally, this is one my favorite feats of the Surfer…notice how he stops a double fisted strike from an enraged Hulk, with virtually no effort, then proceeds to siphon away the source of Hulk’s power. This is why it’s said that Superman would stand no chance against the Surfer. There are too many ways for the Surfer to beat Superman. He can match his physical strength. Someone was kind enough to post a scan of the Surfer’s curb stomp of Beta Ray Bill, who is virtually equal to Thor in strength. Notice the Surfer beat Bill with ease, and apologized at the same time. Now imagine if he amps himself, which, for all those who don’t already know, the Surfer can will his strength to higher levels. Just what the upper echelons of that strength is, I’m not sure anyone knows. But the fight against Bill makes me believe he can make himself far stronger. In my opinion, the Surfer is Marvel’s most powerful character, that is not a villain, and that is not some massive cosmic entity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.