Follow

Silver Surfer

Character » Silver Surfer appears in 2389 issues.

Norrin Radd of Zenn-La is the mighty herald of Galactus, the devourer of worlds. Gifted with the Power Cosmic and a trusty board that's faster than lightspeed, which he can summon at will whenever needed, Norrin Radd travels to distant reaches throughout the universe as the Silver Surfer.

Bring back Marvel Cosmic Now!!!!

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By Night Thrasher

Amidst all of the crappy company wide crossovers and reboots (i.e. Suck Itself and DC Heroes Reborn), there is a black hole were something great used to be. The black hole of course is the unaddressed Marvel Cosmic Universe. This was for a brief period the best comics around. We were privy to such great titles as Annihilation, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, etc. The Marvel Cosmic Universe was as diverse and complicated as the Marvel Earth books, with only two titles at a time. What a shame that we don't have this to look forward to every month anymore. 

I however am a solutions oriented person and have the answer. Get rid of two unnecessary tie-in or one shot books that we won't buy anyway (i.e. 15-Love, Marvel Zombies Christmas Carol) and give us the cosmic adventures we deserve. Now to make sure these books are quality we need a main plotter. I nominate Keith Giffen for this position. He got the ball rolling with the original Annihilation crossover and I think that's the basis for the whole thing.  

Now we need two books and two creative teams. For the books themselves, I of course am going to say GotG and Silver Surfer. For GotG Abnett and Lanning worked well the first time, they just didn't have a steady artist on the book. How about a rotating penciller. Khoi Pham as regular penciller and Dan Panosian as fill in. Solid writing, solid art, Keith Giffen tieing things together...I think it's a winner. Now for Silver Surfer, Marvel got it right the last time they tried it. Greg Pak and Harvey Tolibao killed it the last time. Now we have a viable Cosmic Universe family of Books. A solid Team book or "Cosmic Avengers" and a leading man or character.  

Just a thought...or wishful thinking 

Feedback welcome

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tim2081

I really enjoyed the Marvel cosmic events starting with Annihilation, and I want to see them resolve the issue with Nova, Starlord, and Thanos. However, it looks like they're going to tie Marvel Cosmic to Marvel Earth in September for Annihilators Earthfall. 

I would prefer to see a Nova solo book, a Silver Surfer solo, and Guardians of the Galaxy on a monthly basis.

No Caption Provided
    gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gravitypress

I agree with you but I don,t think Cosmic books sell as well so the limit it to minis.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

They definiately need to figure out what happened to Nova and Starlord and bring back the corresponding titles. I picked up Annihilators and was sorely disappointed, except the Rocket and Groot insert, but it just didn't have the feel of the Guardians book, I am not a fan of ultra power houses teaming up, if I wanted that I would read JL.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Night Thrasher
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    They definiately need to figure out what happened to Nova and Starlord and bring back the corresponding titles. I picked up Annihilators and was sorely disappointed, except the Rocket and Groot insert, but it just didn't have the feel of the Guardians book, I am not a fan of ultra power houses teaming up, if I wanted that I would read JL.
    Yeah the Annihilators mini was awful. Didn't feel like GotG or Avengers. It felt like a Justice League Cosmic book. The Rocket/Groot back up was good, not as good as the GotG monthly, but it sufficed.  

@gravitypress said:
    I agree with you but I don,t think Cosmic books sell as well so the limit it to minis.
    It has to sell better than some of the crap they put out monthly. They continue to put out worthless one shots and minis that we forget about the next month, eliminate two a month and you have room for monthly's. 

@tim2081 said:
    I really enjoyed the Marvel cosmic events starting with Annihilation, and I want to see them resolve the issue with Nova, Starlord, and Thanos. However, it looks like they're going to tie Marvel Cosmic to Marvel Earth in September for Annihilators Earthfall. 

I would prefer to see a Nova solo book, a Silver Surfer solo, and Guardians of the Galaxy on a monthly basis.
    No Caption Provided
    Nova's dead right now, so I doubt he's getting a book soon. But there are some loose ends that need to be tied up and what they're doing now isn't cutting it.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Night Thrasher said:
    Nova's dead right now, so I doubt he's getting a book soon. But there are some loose ends that need to be tied up and what they're doing now isn't cutting it.
    Did they actually say that Nova and Starlord was dead? I know they said the "Fault" was collapsing but that doesn't necessarily mean they are dead. As of Thanos Imperative they are more MIA then KIA. It gave Marvel an out when they return because they really weren't dead they just don't know what happened to them. I doubt they would kill off Nova with all the work they did to bring the Nova Corp back and he took the Nova Force with him. Although I don't buy that because it was said Worldmind was "resetting" itself or something.
    Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Night Thrasher
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    @Night Thrasher said:
    Did they actually say that Nova and Starlord was dead? I know they said the "Fault" was collapsing but that doesn't necessarily mean they are dead. As of Thanos Imperative they are more MIA then KIA. It gave Marvel an out when they return because they really weren't dead they just don't know what happened to them. I doubt they would kill off Nova with all the work they did to bring the Nova Corp back and he took the Nova Force with him. Although I don't buy that because it was said Worldmind was "resetting" itself or something.
    Good point...we assume...of course we know comic book deaths are temporary. 
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Night Thrasher: I think that's why they actually never came out and said they were dead. I just hope its sooner then later because the return of a proper Nova and Guardians is the only thing that would get me back into Marvel comics.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Night Thrasher@Nova`Prime` the Fault didn't collapse. Death destroyed the Cancerverse. That entire reality collapsed in on itself, supposedly killing Thanos, Niva and Starlord.

This kind of doesn't make sense because of Black Bolts recent return from the Fault.,.

I don't think they are dead. Unfortunately though, their books are. I thought the SS mini was pretty good, but Annihilators left a lot to be desired. But hey, I'll take what I can get.
    Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chaos Prime

Love to see a full blown adventure into the Cancerverse :-)

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Night Thrasher
    @jloneblackheart: wasn't it mentioned in Annihilators that the fault between the two universes isn't fully sealed? Or did I misinterpret? 
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

Annihilation was one of the best crossovers of the past decade if you ask me 

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @jloneblackheart: To be honest I don't exactly remember how Thanos Imperative ended because it was a let down for me. I do agree the SS mini was good, from what I read, I only got my hands on 1, 2 and 5, for some reason the lcbg didn't get 3 or 4. I really wanted to give Annihilators a chance, especially with the return of the Space Knights, but like I said earlier it was just to much like reading a JL comic with all those power houses on one team. There is just a huge gap without Nova or the GoTG on the shelves.

@joshmightbe
    Totally if it wasn't for Annihilation I never would have gotten back into comics.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5edc72068d57d
    deactivated-5edc72068d57d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You forget that the Cosmic books didn't sell as well as the brand names, good as it was.  

Anyway, Abnett and Lanning are on Heroes for Hire now anyway.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I'll get the trade, do want to read more of the cosmic stuff especially the Annihilators. 

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stu630

In a perfect world they would be GotG,Nova and an other cosmic book like Galactus heralds . but that ...in only in a perfect wolrd... :(

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @tim2081 said:
    I want to see them resolve the issue with Nova, Starlord, and Thanos. 
    No Caption Provided

What Issue between Thanos, Starlord, and Nova?

this Teaser seems like it would be pretty one sided. the power of Thor against Captain america? Beta Ray Bill is an equal to Thor and should have no problem defeating Captain America. The Guardian is only restained by his own self confidence so should be able to tear wolverine limb from limb, and Quasar should be able to beat Ms. Marvel although that is the most equal fight on this page.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn
    @tim2081 said:

No Caption Provided
    oh boy
    tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tim2081
    @DEGRAAF said:
    What Issue between Thanos, Starlord, and Nova?
    Are they dead or alive? And will Nova continue rebuilding the Nova Corps after he gets back. 

I don't think the Avengers are actually going to get into a big fight with the Annihilators, maybe a couple hits, but it's just a teaser so they need to build hype.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.