Silver Fox in X-Men Origins.

#1 Edited by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I've recently watched the X-Men Origins: Wolverine  movie
and I have to say, I'm pretty dissapointed as to how they have approached Kayla Silver Fox's character.

First of all:
- Her sister is Emma Frost, I know they did it to fit in with the storyline, but this would probably make Emma native american now.
Secondly
- She works for Weapon X , but hasn't had the treatments given to her. So she doesn't have a healing factor, or fighting skills.
Thirdly
- Silver Fox has the power of tactile Hypnosis...A massive change from her comic book character...this means she can control people by touching them. I found this dissapointing, it's cool yes, but just not Silver Fox.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on these changes?
Did you think they were for the best?
Or completely hate them?

=]

#2 Posted by Attrition (319 posts) - - Show Bio

She was hot :)

Lol.

I didnt think  it was that bad. They could have done worse.
The thing we have to remember is that it is an adaptation of the comic, so the director makes the characters change to fit into a storyline that your average joe will like it.

#3 Posted by The Psyentist (17349 posts) - - Show Bio
Attrition said:
"She was hot :)
Splendid. That must be from a guy. Haha.

I love Emma, but why in the world did they feel the need to make her Silver Fox's sister? Just so she could be in the movie? I mean, she DESERVES to be in a movie, but why force her into the storyline like that.

I don't know why the writers have to go an change stuff just to make a movie.

Sorry...I'm kind of a purist. :/
#4 Posted by danhimself (22541 posts) - - Show Bio

i think you should have put "SPOILERS" in the topic since most of us haven't pirated the movie and are actually waiting for it to be released in theaters 

#5 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, sorry for that xD
I just realised and then I tried to edit it ... But I can't now :/
But I think if they didn't want to know, then they would stay away from all the
'X-Men Origins' topics anyway.

#6 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

overall did you think the movie was good or bad?

Cause everyone I know wh owatched it aid it was bad. Like worse than X-3 bad. What are your thoughts?
#7 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if you were into the X-Men films and just into them... Like didn't know much about the comics
then the movie was good =] full of action and good effects.

But if you are a comic fan then I think it wasn't very good,
It didn't really stay true to any of the characters, not even a little bit.

They completely changed Emma, Silver Fox and Deadpool.
also Gambit was a let down.

#8 Posted by Bio Guyver (6852 posts) - - Show Bio

They changed all the characters one way or another. But Deadpool...whoah ho lol...he took the cake.

#9 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool had some funny lines =]
but I'd loved to see him in the movie for longer, and not Weapon XI or whatever.

#10 Posted by xinstituto (1 posts) - - Show Bio

And also.. if one sister is named  Kayla Silverfox, so Emma sould be named Emma Silverfox

#11 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@xinstituto said:
" And also.. if one sister is named  Kayla Silverfox, so Emma sould be named Emma Silverfox "
Yeah, exactly.  ¬¬  which is annoying.
#12 Posted by Mr. Hellfire (62 posts) - - Show Bio

MY biggest gripe is that they made her white. Stuff like that pisses me off to no end.
#13 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Hellfire:  I was happy with Lynn Collins. She has this,  tribal look to her. :/ even though she is white.
#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine was awful, the silver fox emma thing was just the frosting on the retarded cake
#15 Posted by Mr. Hellfire (62 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost:
Stuff like that just really pisses me off. She's one of the few Native American comic book characters, and they felt the need to cast a pasty white woman to play her. I assure you they wouldn't pull the same crap with Luke Cage.
#16 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Hellfire:  I see your point. :/ I love Lynn Collins, so I'm just gonna be quiet.  The main problem I had was her powers. ¬_¬ they was no need to give her the 'tactile-hypnosis' , it was pointless, why not just stick to her healing factor?  GRRR.
#17 Posted by spartan177 (1499 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the directors just wanted her to die, so that's why she didn't have the factor. 

@Mr. Hellfire said:

" @AngelFrost: Stuff like that just really pisses me off. She's one of the few Native American comic book characters, and they felt the need to cast a pasty white woman to play her. I assure you they wouldn't pull the same crap with Luke Cage. "

Same goes with anime films lol.
#18 Posted by Mr. Hellfire (62 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost:
*Tapes your mouth shut* 

Good! See that you don't state your opinions ever again! ;) LOL 

#19 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Hellfire:  :O MEANIE.  I <3 Lynn Collins! and no one can stop me saying it.  :3   she's better than the chick they were going to have playing Silver Fox. ¬¬
#20 Posted by robbiesol (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Actress looked good, changing her as much as they did was typical Hollywood.  

Still, there are things I disliked from that movie more than Silver Fox (she wasn't really that bad). 

Deadpool/Cyclops' beam can cut through a nuclear silo's two foot thick walls like peeling an apple, but can they push a 250 lb man more than a few feet?  Of course not!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.