Jaimie Alexander as Sif - I worked with her on...

#1 Edited by Tintallin (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaimie Alexander is playing the character of Sif in the forthcoming "Thor" and this is of particular interest to me so I thought I'd share of a few things.   

First, this is of particular interest to me because Jaimie played a character in the first motion picture I ever worked on.  Well, to call "The Other Side" a motion picture is being kind because it was shot on a shoestring, more like the widget at the end of the shoestring, budget but turned into a pretty good movie.  At any rate, during shooting I had the opportunity to work with and hang out with Jaimie.  Yeah, she's on my friends list on Facebook and My Space and actually replies to my messages once in a while (I'm sure she get's overwhelmed with mail as well) but that doesn't really prove much.  And we never actually appear on screen together though I attached a picture with of me from the movie with Corey Rouse.   

Anyway, I blather...Here are some Jaimie Alexander factoids you might find of interest.   

If you haven't checked it out already, here is the link to her IMDB page - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1526352/ .  Now, it lists Jaimie as 5'9" tall.  That's wishful thinking on someone's part because Jaimie is more like 5'4" tops, but that isn't a problem in Hollywood.  Most actors are short.    

If you would like to see Jaimie in "The Other Side" and get a feel for her as an actress, she being the love interest of the main character, you can.  It's easy if you have NetFlix.  It is available for instant watch.    

Jaimie played the character of Jesse XX in the "Kyle XY" television show which is probably what really launched her career.  She is an awesome actress!   
That smile?  It's real.  Jaimie does smile a lot and, on top of that, she is a true sweetheart.  She is very girl next door, that girl in high school you knew that was nice to everyone and was genuine as well but that you were too scared to ask out because she was so sweet and pretty and...well, intimidating?  Yeah, that's her.  She would be mortified by me saying this, by the way.   

Not a true factoid, but I thought of her each time Wonder Woman came up except, she kind of small.  Slender is the word I'd use.  Then again, I didn't see her as Sif until I found out she'd been cast.  Then it was crystal clear.   

You have most likely seen her on television and didn't know it.  CSI: Miami and Bones but I could have sworn she was murdered in CSI as well.  It's not listed so I must be mis-remembering.   

If you look up "The Other Side" on the IMDB, Poncho Hodges is 6'9", Nathan Mobley and I are the same height (5'9"), I might be a little taller.  Corey Rouse is an inch shorter.  Gregg Bishop is 6'1" I think.  Give or take an inch.  When you see Nathan and Jaimie in "The Other Side" on Netflix (that sounds so shameless plug...sorry), you can judge her height for yourself.   

Anyways, I thought I'd share this with you and if you want to know who I am, well, click on my profile and look at my pictures.  I posted some there including my movie poster.  But I thought I'd introduce Jaimie to you from my perspective.  Go, Jaimie!  So good to see you rockin' Hollywood!   

Have a nice day, all.   

CORRECTION:  Ok, a very creepy thing just happened and I stand corrected.  I just got an email from Gregg Bishop, Director of "The Other Side" and "Dance of the Dead" and he said Jaimie IS 5'9".  Obviously it has been a day or two since I have seen her.   

So, apologies but she was shorter than I was at the time (I haven't shrunk) but I guess we are approximately the same height.  Anyways, I never claimed to be the authority and I haven't see her in a while.  Just promoting one of my peeps.  Ciao!
#2 Posted by Tintallin (197 posts) - - Show Bio
Corey Rouse in Green Shirt...I'm the other guy  
#3 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tintallin:  She's only 5'4'?? :(  I'm upset now.
#4 Posted by War Killer (20006 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#5 Posted by Tintallin (197 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb:  If you read on down, you'll see that I corrected myself.  Gregg, the director of the film you see the screen shot of, emailed me right away and told me that Jaimie is 5'9".  Pardon my mistake, but I haven't seen Jaimie in a long time though I've received a message here and there from her on Facebook.  She's pretty busy so she doesn't post much other than Twitter.  So, she is 5'9" per Gregg who sees her more often than I do.  But I'm pretty sure she was shorter than I was when we filmed "The Other Side".   

Thanks for posting.  If it helps any, she's a complete sweetheart and any time you see her smile, I remember a lot of those.  She was just plain fun to be around.  You can find her on Twitter if you have an account.  JaimieGirlXO is her Twitter name or just look up Jaimie Alexander.  "The Other Side" is available on Netflix for Instant Watch if you're interested.  We filmed it for $15K but it received really good reviews.  Take care!
#6 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tintallin:  Lol, I couldn't be bothered, I just saw 5'4 and got all sad. Because it would have been ashame if she was that small, since Sif and the Asgards are supposed to be very tall. Height isn't normally important, but in Thor it is.

no problem ^_^ I'll check it out one of these days.
#7 Posted by Tintallin (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, they all look tall.  Even I look tall on screen and I'm only 5'9".  Well, I usually look tall.  Put me next to Poncho Hodges and I look tiny.  He's 6'9" though so everyone looks small.  Take care and talk to you later. 

#8 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
" @Tintallin:  Lol, I couldn't be bothered, I just saw 5'4 and got all sad. Because it would have been ashame if she was that small, since Sif and the Asgards are supposed to be very tall. Height isn't normally important, but in Thor it is.  no problem ^_^ I'll check it out one of these days. "
Who needs height when you can wear platforms? I hear that's what Tom Cruise does. 
#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs Or stands on boxes. ;)
#10 Posted by Tintallin (197 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: @Babs: I'm partial to "short" girls so NO complaints on my part.  Work it however it makes you happy.  I'll do the guy thing and applaud politely but with relish. 
#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tintallin I'm 5'1", I just really enjoy taking any opportunity I can to make fun of Tom Cruise. ^_^
#12 Posted by Tintallin (197 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: We must be soulmates!  I do the same thing.  He makes me nutty.  
#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tintallin He IS a nut. It's sad and funny at the same time.
#14 Posted by Tintallin (197 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I agree completely!  
#15 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Tintallin:  Lol, I couldn't be bothered, I just saw 5'4 and got all sad. Because it would have been ashame if she was that small, since Sif and the Asgards are supposed to be very tall. Height isn't normally important, but in Thor it is.  no problem ^_^ I'll check it out one of these days. "
Who needs height when you can wear platforms? I hear that's what Tom Cruise does.  "
Yes, so true! - Platforms have been disguising women's (and Tom Cruises) height for decades. 
#16 Posted by Tintallin (197 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:

" @Babs said:

" @Cherry Bomb said:
Who needs height when you can wear platforms? I hear that's what Tom Cruise does.  "
Yes, so true! - Platforms have been disguising women's (and Tom Cruises) height for decades.  "
 @Cherry Bomb: 
@Babs:  
You two are cracking me up!!!!  :D     
#17 Posted by Iron_Lad (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I just came back from Golden Apple comics in Los Angeles. She was signing autographs there. Pretty cool.

#18 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tintallin:  Lol! Haha, glad you're enjoying our banter (: 
#19 Posted by Tintallin (197 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iron_Lad: That's cool!  Did you see her smile?  She always gave the best smiles and they were real.  She really is sweet.  

@Cherry Bomb: I always have fun here since the people here like to have fun. 
#20 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

From seeing her in 'Thor,' I think Jaimie Alexander could be a good Wonder Woman. 

She looks better than the woman who's been cast for the upcoming TV series.

#21 Posted by Kairan1979 (16712 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:
I agree. She makes more sense as Wonder Woman as the current one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.