Does she only care about fighting? GOD!!!!

#1 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

So yeah, I've read the last two issues of Journey Into Mystery, and wow, is Sif unlikeable or what? She comes off as a poorly written Wonder Woman(i.e., Wonder Woman written by Geoff Johns or Bruce Timm) and only cared about fighting, calling others weaklings and calling out a little girl for being.......a little girl. Wow.

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: havent read it yet but i imadgion no she cares a great deal for her freinds and she loves thor

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: i dont think its like that there releashonip goes deeper than that i think

#4 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: Well, it was a result of her bargain for the Berserker Rage magic. She's battle inclined, but right now she is also bloodlusted from the enchantment.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13194 posts) - - Show Bio

.@jointron33:

you do know that Bruce Timm has never written Wonder Woman right? He's an artist. He's DRAWN Wonder Woman but he's never written her

#6 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Target_X said:

@jointron33: Well, it was a result of her bargain for the Berserker Rage magic. She's battle inclined, but right now she is also bloodlusted from the enchantment.

#7 Posted by Lucifer Morningstar (128 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

.@jointron33:

you do know that Bruce Timm has never written Wonder Woman right? He's an artist. He's DRAWN Wonder Woman but he's never written her

he's obviously referring to Timm's heavy involvement in the DCAU, although I don't know enough about who decides what characters have what personalities

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13194 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lucifer Morningstar said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

.@jointron33:

he's obviously referring to Timm's heavy involvement in the DCAU, although I don't know enough about who decides what characters have what personalities

i know what he's referring to

#9 Posted by Veitha (3315 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the fact that she just wants to fight lol. She's a warrior woman and that's very cool IMO

#10 Edited by boob (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Sif comes from a very different background from Wonder Woman. Diana really had no reason or motivation to learn to fight. She lived on a island that was protected by warrior women. There had not been a war on the island for centuries, if ever. Sif on the other hand does, Ragnarok. In it all Asgardians die due to it. She is a warrior with a purpose, the purpose of protecting those she loves. Sif does know how to fight and stand up for herself.  

But unlike Diana she is willing to love others. And not choose them based on just looks. But the heart inside them. Such as Beta Ray Bill.
#11 Posted by Onemoreposter (4057 posts) - - Show Bio

@boob said:

But unlike Diana she is willing to love others. And not choose them based on just looks. But the heart inside them. Such as Beta Ray Bill.

That picture is so hot. Mmmmmphhh

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33483 posts) - - Show Bio
@Onemoreposter said:

@boob said:

But unlike Diana she is willing to love others. And not choose them based on just looks. But the heart inside them. Such as Beta Ray Bill.

Ya know, if the genders where reversed there is no way that would have made it in to a comic
#13 Posted by Onemoreposter (4057 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Onemoreposter said:

@boob said:

Ya know, if the genders where reversed there is no way that would have made it in to a comic

DOn't be so sure...

stuff like this regularly makes its way into mainstream comics.

Can't we just enjoy a well illustrated naked Sif with out having some debate on sexism in comics?

#14 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@boob:Unlike Diana? Diana loves others

#15 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@boob: Really close calls with the censors there.

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Onemoreposter said:

@boob said:

DOn't be so sure...

Can't we just enjoy a well illustrated naked Sif with out having some debate on sexism in comics?

No we can't. Because some knob has to ruin everything for everyone.

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33483 posts) - - Show Bio

@onemoreposter said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Onemoreposter said:

@boob said:

DOn't be so sure...

You weirdos go a head and get your kicks from a cartoon lady then....

#17 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@herokiller12344 said:

@onemoreposter said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Onemoreposter said:

@boob said:

DOn't be so sure...

You weirdos go a head and get your kicks from a cartoon lady then....

Gladly, Mr. Cool-Guy-who-surely-gets-mountains-of-women

#18 Posted by Squares (6696 posts) - - Show Bio

Um...yes.

#19 Edited by Asura7 (7 posts) - - Show Bio
@boob said:

Is it weird that I wish I was Loki here? Even though he's about to be split from mouth to asshole, there's something about being forcefully held down by the foot of a super strong pissed off Asgardian woman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.