Follow

Siege

Story arc »

Norman Osborn's Dark Reign crumbles in the Siege of Asgard.

The Official Siege Thread

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By jefprice

HAahhahahHAHA!

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

just cant trust IGN sometimes, you know?

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By jefprice

Never can Lol 

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By jefprice
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @Andferne:  he'd have Sentry one shot Bill just to raise Sentry's stats more. screw that! "
    Come on it's ot like he's Slott or Pak or Loeb Lol
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jefprice: ask Namor, Morgan Le Fay, Terrax, and Molecule Man that question.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By jefprice
    @CATMANEXE: NONE of those have been nearly as abused as Thor, Hulk, Thing, Sentry, Iron Man, Dr Strange, Reed, Peter, MJ, Juggernutt, she hulk, (Namor by loeb?!) Human Torch, the list goes on 

The worst of Bendis is not using people to their full ability or thing like having Songbird hear lol Morgan eh I get it she had Doom Sentry and the rest to contend with and it makes since now with the new DA issues, same to MM, Namor just has been sold short a bit, and not by much really
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jefprice: thats not what i meant whatsoever. theres no need to take it personal for that matter. Bendis has Sentry one shot characters
    to up his power showing. you know this.  the rest of an explanation is moot. thats what he does. and if Bills there, its either Bill or Thor.
    Thor getting 1-shotted will tick off a large fan base so it falls to Bill.

that was the basis...of the sarcastic joke that you responded to. it had nothing to do with their characterization or anything else. just with them getting rocked and quickly in their fights.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By jefprice
    @CATMANEXE: You know I didn't Cats. Lol That's why my response was sarcastic as well. I'm not a Bendis praiser, you know me I don;t follow ANY one writer, I like books and titles and follow them. I think Bendis has done much more good then harm.  

Hmmm Would he one shot BRB? I don;t know, he is a fan of Bills lol I don;t know man, I think he's going to surprise us with Sentry this year, even without to many more one shots to Morgan lol
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Molecule Man> BRB<>Terrax

yep. it would have alot of impact.

outside that, yeah, i think he will. characterization is one of his finer points.
    he's been molding Sentry well with that.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By jefprice

Yeah sadly I don;t think people have the forsight he seems too, I read an interview (ok it was one I did) where I was told he planned things like 7 years out.......Then 09 came and they talked about the 7 year event lol

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

heh. he's good. i think thats why people are hard on him, especially if he makes mistakes. thats the price of being at the top.
    everyone knows your capable of great things and they expect them.

back on the Siege topic, aside from Siege #2 im actually interested to hear about whats in store for the tie-ins.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HUGE SPOILER WARNING. TREAD CAREFULLY. 
    PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS AS IT TENDS 
    TO BREAK THE SPOILER OPEN!

solicits for Siege #2 and tie-ins
    http://calliopes.net/2009/11/17/marvel-siege-2-tie-ins-february-solicits-spoilers/

solicits for Siege #3 and tie-ins
    http://calliopes.net/2009/12/23/marvel-siege-3-tie-ins-solicits-revealed-spoilers/

big honkin ass spoiler. enter at your own risk!!!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#213  Edited By Nighthunter
    @jefprice said:
    " @Victorian era Nighthunter: Yeah you're right, except for Ms Marvel/Moonstone, Venom/SpiderMan, Hawkeye/Bullseye, Wolverine/Daken, oh and then there's Norm who just knocked Thor down (NOT OUT). Lol =) "
    none of them have realistically any chance against Asgardians. Then again, is Bendis. My bad
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#215  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By jefprice
    @Nighthunter: Yeah right. Moonstone? She's insane. Daken and Bulleye? They've gone up against some of the toughest people out there. Venom? ....HE EATS PEOPLE WHOLE. Lol
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By jefprice
    @Mr. Wilson: @War Killer: I love that book. That book has easily some of the best stuff in the last 12 months. Name to me one other book that changes over 70 years of history on one page.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Hmmmm...so correct me if I'm wrong, but Siege is supposed to be about bringing Cap, Iron Man, and Thor back together, along with uniting the Avengers once more, right? So that would explain why Cap is still on the fence about being Captain America again and Tony's still in that coma thing, I guess this story is just about them over coming what they've lost and "died" for, and becoming the heroes they are to save the world once more.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By jefprice
    @War Killer said:
    "

Hmmmm...so correct me if I'm wrong, but Siege is supposed to be about bringing Cap, Iron Man, and Thor back together, along with uniting the Avengers once more, right? So that would explain why Cap is still on the fence about being Captain America again and Tony's still in that coma thing, I guess this story is just about them over coming what they've lost and "died" for, and becoming the heroes they are to save the world once more.

"
    bingo
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @jefprice said:
    " @War Killer said:
    "

"
    bingo "
    Okay, then everything makes sense to me now.  

War Killer = Happy :D
    Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Legacy_

I bet the next generation of "Classic" Avengers will have Sentry on the line-up -_-

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Closure said:
    "I bet the next generation of "Classic" Avengers will have Sentry on the line-up -_- "

I hope they let Slott write the Avengers books after this, just have Bendis work on the Ultmate line for a few more years again.
    Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Legacy_
    @War Killer said:
    "@Closure said:
    "I bet the next generation of "Classic" Avengers will have Sentry on the line-up -_- "
    I hope they let Slott write the Avengers books after this, just have Bendis work on the Ultmate line for a few more years again. "

Bendis already guaranteed he was writing Avengers after Siege during a interview with CBR
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Closure said:
    "@War Killer said:
    "@Closure said:
    I hope they let Slott write the Avengers books after this, just have Bendis work on the Ultmate line for a few more years again. "
    Bendis already guaranteed he was writing Avengers after Siege during a interview with CBR "
    Do you have a link to this interview? I have not read it yet.
    Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#225  Edited By Lance Uppercut

From the preview pages, I hope Ares defects. And his first move needs to be backhanding Bullseye out of Asgard. That way, it fulfills the prophecy of Ares pimp slapping Bullseye, and it fulfills the requirements of Bullseye getting owned.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Uppercut: he already did, but i wouldnt put it past him to do it again. id love to see him make good
    on his promise to chop Normans head off personally.
    Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#227  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @Lance Uppercut: he already did, but i wouldnt put it past him to do it again. id love to see him make good on his promise to chop Normans head off personally. "
    I know that's he's backhanded Bullseye before, but I mean Ares, not holding back, just knocking Lester out.And yeah, I would be surprised if Ares decides to absolutely own Osborne. Kind of hoping Sentry doesn't do anything to him though.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Uppercut: no. your right. i wasnt thinking. that was Clint knocked out. getting my Hawkeyes confused.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By jefprice
    @War Killer:  

You Really want DAN SLOTT writing Avengers? I'd have to stop reading. 
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#230  Edited By iLLituracy
    @jefprice said:
    " @War Killer:   You Really want DAN SLOTT writing Avengers? I'd have to stop reading.  "
    Dan Slott already writes Mighty...which is probably the best of the three Avengers books currently running.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By jefprice
    @iLLituracy: LOL you be funny. 
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By jefprice
    So who else has ideas about who the mystery figure on Norms side? Cats and I are thinking Void.  

Then of course the death. Rumors follks?
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#233  Edited By iLLituracy
    @jefprice said:
    " @iLLituracy: LOL you be funny.  "
    Thank...you?
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By jefprice
    @iLLituracy: Lol I don;t like the first half of his run. It's getting better thogh
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wouldnt want Slot on NA personally. i like Bendis, but i dont like when any writer/artist gets spread
    out on to many projects. it always seems to take their focus off one or the other. i think the same could happen with
    Slot. keep on what he's on and let him craft that into something great.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By jefprice
    @CATMANEXE: Agreed he's getting MUCH better I want to see where he goes
    victorvndoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By victorvndoom

About the secret weapon of Norman :
    Could be mephisto , because DrDoom was always Mephisto's opposite and Both ironman and DrDoom fought Mephisto. Mephisto is way eviler then Loki. And maybe Norman maked a evil devil pact with Mephisto. or it is again the Cosmic Cube. You can undo all the events just with that item :Civil war gone, Disassembled gone etc but i dont hope they make " oh sheesh did we all dream this up all those events just to fill paper ?''  So i hope for marvel sake it is not the Cosmic Cube and it is Mephisto

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#238  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " i wouldnt want Slot on NA personally. i like Bendis, but i dont like when any writer/artist gets spread out on to many projects. it always seems to take their focus off one or the other. i think the same could happen with Slot. keep on what he's on and let him craft that into something great. "
    Slott would do NA alot of justice.Unlike Bendis he actually uses the entire roster.Everyone has a significant place. 
    Bendis's NA hasn't been good since Initiative going in to Secret Invasion 

@jefprice said:
    " @CATMANEXE: Agreed he's getting MUCH better I want to see where he goes "
    Who is getting much better? Bendis? He hasn't written anything good in quite some time.  

@jefprice said:
    " So who else has ideas about who the mystery figure on Norms side? Cats and I are thinking Void.  

Then of course the death. Rumors follks?
    "
    I was saying it was The Void\Sentry all along.I have a feeling it's not though. 

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By jefprice
    @Vance Astro:  

Bendis does just fine on NA, which is why it still sells great. People like it. I'm an Avengers fan for over 20 years and love it, as do most of the people I know who have been life long Avnegers fans.  

EVERYONE I know like me who has been reading these books for decades thinks that's Slotts books are the weaker ones. HOWEVER his work on Mighty is starting to get good.  

If Bendis wasn;t good he wouldn't sell comics it's that simple. But he does, and sells many more then Slott. Slott practically killed sales of spidey
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro: not sure you got what i was saying. its in reference to talent taking on multiple projects at once.
    i dont want to see Slott extended because i believe it will affect one or the other of his works. i believe Bendis is a great
    writer, out i think this is whats happened to him, and some of his works have diminished as a result. i can name a few
    others that this works with also. added to that, sometimes writers seem to do a lesser job on one book, and a fabu one on another.
    i think that comes down to just being in their element or out of it. take Fraction on Iron Man Vs Fraction on Uncanny for example.
    One is obviously better than the other, and thats due to one is the better fit (as well as the thinned out factor). I dont think i need
    to cite Loeb as an example of the same. Id rather Slott stayed where he's at and continue to develop Mighty in new ways and
    make that book awesome. I believe thats what jef was saying as well. he was reffering to Slott.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theres more i should add to clarify. personally, i like Bendis's NA, but, i think the last few issues havent been his best work, definatly he is capable of more and he has better quality stuff out there. but i give the guy a break as well by putting myself in his shoes. the guy is pretty overwhelmed right now. aside from all th books he's writing right now, he's also been manning and planning every Marvel event, and working hands on with everyone else to try and coordinate these projects. as well, he's also one of Marvels personal liasons to supervising the Thor live action movie. so aside from writing, he's getting on a plane everyday and flying to that, and working on that. 
    then, he flies all over again fro interviews, press, meetings and whatnot. and his work still doesnt end there. the guy has basically landed himself in  position not unlike Todd mcFarlane did when Image was at its highest point to date. he said in a G4 interview that he was actually writing while he was doing conferances and on his lunch breaks. so theres a good reason some of his work might suffer,
    though im sure one can easily pick out another one of his books where his work is of a better caliber (like Spider-Woman for instance, at least to me). bottom line is i think he needs to cut back a little so he's not rushing certain stries, though its likely not to happen soon as he's about as important to the company right now as Avi Arad was. 

as for NA itself, i wouldnt mind seeing another person take the regins at all. theres plenty of good talent out there, and alls that will mean for me as a reader is differant stories. so im down with that really. i dont rule out however that bendis could be writing better on that than he has on the last few issue (in my opinion), but given what he's dealing with its also understandable. frankly ill by it eitherway. its Avengers. Ill do the same with Uncanny.

bringing me around to Slott. im sure Slott would do a great job on NA. but, i like where he's going with Mighty alot, and want to see what he's molding that into come to pass with his full attention, rather than rising his focus being detracted and the possibility of Mighty suffering as a consequence.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Andferne

Got my copy of Siege 1 finally. At the end it is not just Norman punching Thor. Sure he throws the first one, but then the others soon start getting closer and throwing punches too.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @jefprice said:

" @Vance Astro:   Bendis does just fine on NA, which is why it still sells great. People like it. I'm an Avengers fan for over 20 years and love it, as do most of the people I know who have been life long Avnegers fans.   EVERYONE I know like me who has been reading these books for decades thinks that's Slotts books are the weaker ones. HOWEVER his work on Mighty is starting to get good.   If Bendis wasn;t good he wouldn't sell comics it's that simple. But he does, and sells many more then Slott. Slott practically killed sales of spidey "

How does he do just fine? Should we run down his failures? the comic still sells great because what's happening in the book is major to Dark Reign as a whole.not because it's a great book.I too am an Avengers fan and I remember the good old days when every member did something and the writer didn't just make the focus 3 out of 8-10 characters or 1 our of 5 character etc. It's ridiculous.Bendis recycles his own stuff.The New Avengers fought the Hood's Gang during 3 straight events.It got old after the second time.The New Avengers don't do anything.Take some time and look through the last arc....Nothing of significance happened that didn't have something to do with another Avengers team or characters than have nothing to do with the book.Just look at who Bendis has on their roster and what they have done in other books in comparison to what they do in NA.He hasn't done the Avengers any justice since before Initiative. 

I haven't been an Avengers for over 20 years.More like 10-15,doesn't really matter.I know the difference between good and bad writing.Slott's writing in Initiative and Mighty is way better than anything Bendis has written pre-Secret Invasion.How is Slott's Mighty Avengers the weaker book when that's the book that united the Avengers,that's the book where the Avengers actually do their jobs! Let's compare what they've done with their rosters..... 

Bendis simply isn't a better writer than Slott.He doesn't know how to use a roster at all.He does in fact know how to write solo books.His Daredevil was awesome,His Ultimate Spider-Man..same deal.  

Alot of people agree with me that Bendis fell off.... 
     http://www.comicvine.com/brian-michael-bendis/26-40435/the-brian-michael-bendis-disrespect-blog/92-523526/#119  

As far as that "Slott killed Spider-Man" comment..read this.

Slott was also the writer of Marvel's Avengers: The Initiative, which launched following the conclusion of the 2006-7 Civil War storyline. He is also one of the four writers of the thrice-monthly Amazing Spider-Man, a schedule which began in January 2008 following the controversial storyline One More Day. His first three issues placed in the top ten highest selling comics for January, with the first issue taking the number two spot that month, selling around 128,000 copies, a 3% jump from the previous month  

@CATMANEXE

said:

" @Vance Astro: not sure you got what i was saying. its in reference to talent taking on multiple projects at once. i dont want to see Slott extended because i believe it will affect one or the other of his works. i believe Bendis is a great writer, out i think this is whats happened to him, and some of his works have diminished as a result. i can name a few others that this works with also. added to that, sometimes writers seem to do a lesser job on one book, and a fabu one on another. i think that comes down to just being in their element or out of it. take Fraction on Iron Man Vs Fraction on Uncanny for example. One is obviously better than the other, and thats due to one is the better fit (as well as the thinned out factor). I dont think i need to cite Loeb as an example of the same. Id rather Slott stayed where he's at and continue to develop Mighty in new ways and make that book awesome. I believe thats what jef was saying as well. he was reffering to Slott. "

I got what you were saying but i don't blame his work load.I blame Bendis.There is no excuse for recycling your own stuff and just writing things that aren't worth the read.His Dark Avengers is like the worst DR tie-in.It's one of the worst Avengers series I have ever read.Nobody on the team does anything but Norman and Sentry..and they are punching bags.If he can't do the job then Marvel needs to lighten his load.His Mighty Avengers last event was mediocre,his New Avengers is mediocre,His DA is horrible,these events in general have been pretty uneventful in general. 
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    .If he can't do the job then Marvel needs to lighten his load.  "
    this is about the gist of it, yes. and i think they should really. its only human, and there have definatly been moments where i could see that his work was very rushed, and even recycled. part of why i brought up McFarlane, since he willingly took off of writing because he knew he didnt have the time to give it the 100% then.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    .If he can't do the job then Marvel needs to lighten his load.  "
    this is about the gist of it, yes. and i think they should really. its only human, and there have definatly been moments where i could see that his work was very rushed, and even recycled. part of why i brought up McFarlane, since he willingly took off of writing because he knew he didnt have the time to give it the 100% then. "
    There is still no excuse for the crappy writing.Marvel has thousands of characters.How hard is it to write something that isn't completely terrible? How hard is it to use every character on the teams roster? He was good for Disassembled,Early New Avengers,and House of M.Almost anything after that is garbage.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By jefprice

@CATMANEXE said:

" theres more i should add to clarify. personally, i like Bendis's NA, but, i think the last few issues havent been his best work, definatly he is capable of more and he has better quality stuff out there. but i give the guy a break as well by putting myself in his shoes. the guy is pretty overwhelmed right now. aside from all th books he's writing right now, he's also been manning and planning every Marvel event, and working hands on with everyone else to try and coordinate these projects. as well, he's also one of Marvels personal liasons to supervising the Thor live action movie. so aside from writing, he's getting on a plane everyday and flying to that, and working on that.  then, he flies all over again fro interviews, press, meetings and whatnot. and his work still doesnt end there. the guy has basically landed himself in  position not unlike Todd mcFarlane did when Image was at its highest point to date. he said in a G4 interview that he was actually writing while he was doing conferances and on his lunch breaks. so theres a good reason some of his work might suffer, though im sure one can easily pick out another one of his books where his work is of a better caliber (like Spider-Woman for instance, at least to me). bottom line is i think he needs to cut back a little so he's not rushing certain stries, though its likely not to happen soon as he's about as important to the company right now as Avi Arad was.   as for NA itself, i wouldnt mind seeing another person take the regins at all. theres plenty of good talent out there, and alls that will mean for me as a reader is differant stories. so im down with that really. i dont rule out however that bendis could be writing better on that than he has on the last few issue (in my opinion), but given what he's dealing with its also understandable. frankly ill by it eitherway. its Avengers. Ill do the same with Uncanny.  bringing me around to Slott. im sure Slott would do a great job on NA. but, i like where he's going with Mighty alot, and want to see what he's molding that into come to pass with his full attention, rather than rising his focus being detracted and the possibility of Mighty suffering as a consequence. "
    I agree.  

@Vance Astro: Yeah but all one has to do is go talk to Spiderman fans and read in forums and talk to these people and you'll find out mass amounts of people don;t like his work there (I really didn;t dislike it)  

I personally love 90% of what Bendis does and think you're just one of the few who don;t. Bendis books sell cause people like reading them. I know from talking to reall people in stores that the people who don;t like what he does, don;t buy his books, just like anyone else here. very few people will buy a book just cause.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro: okay? im not saying it is. im saying i think its the large cause, because i know he's capable of better,
    and that marvel definatly should cut his workload so he can focus more on quality.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#248  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I kinda want Thor to die
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By jefprice
    @Son_of_Magnus: I wouldn;t be surprised, but it's my understanding they have post siege plans for him in a big way
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#250  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @jefprice said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus: I wouldn;t be surprised, but it's my understanding they have post siege plans for him in a big way "

I just think if he dies that will be what pushes Steve to pick up the shield Tony to start fighting. And push everyone to kick Norman out. Then Thor can be brought back to life with comic magic

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.