Siege (where to start)

#1 Posted by roycebryan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand that Siege is supposed to be what follows after House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, and Dark Reign. But what I was really curious of is should I go back and read them before diving into siege or would it be okay to step right up. I have been out of comic books for a very long time now and want to get back in but wasn't sure what would be the best way. Thanks for any opinions and suggestions.

#2 Posted by Jake Fury (19167 posts) - - Show Bio
@roycebryan:
you could probably just read the pages for the other titles you mentioned on CV and jump right into Siege. Dark Reign was more of a company wide direction than a specific story arc. 
 
House of M was 8 issues.. 
Civil War was 7 or 8... 
Secret Invasion was 7 or 8... 
 
If you want to read them all you can grab all of these in TPB and skip all of the tie ins.
#3 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

don't read it period, it was the biggest waste of time i have taken part in reading.

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

If you wanted, I could summarize the entire story in just a few short sentences. Not even a paragraph. SIEGE was like a Micheal Bay movie, but by Bendis at his worst...

#5 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
"If you wanted, I could summarize the entire story in just a few short sentences. Not even a paragraph. SIEGE was like a Micheal Bay movie, but by Bendis at his worst... "

This x100.
#6 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@lostlantern13 said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
"If you wanted, I could summarize the entire story in just a few short sentences. Not even a paragraph. SIEGE was like a Micheal Bay movie, but by Bendis at his worst... "
This x100. "
honestly it compares more to an Uwe Boll movie, imitating a Bay film.
#7 Posted by roycebryan (12 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @roycebryan: you could probably just read the pages for the other titles you mentioned on CV and jump right into Siege. Dark Reign was more of a company wide direction than a specific story arc.  House of M was 8 issues.. Civil War was 7 or 8... Secret Invasion was 7 or 8...  If you want to read them all you can grab all of these in TPB and skip all of the tie ins. "
Thanks That really helped I appreciate it.
#8 Posted by Ekasra (11 posts) - - Show Bio

  Does this mean that someone coming in Fresh should just skip Dark Reign entirely and go to Siege?

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ekasra said:
"   Does this mean that someone coming in Fresh should just skip Dark Reign entirely and go to Siege? "
Skip SIEGE and just go to "The Heroic Age".
#10 Posted by Ekasra (11 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @Ekasra said:
"   Does this mean that someone coming in Fresh should just skip Dark Reign entirely and go to Siege? "
Skip SIEGE and just go to "The Heroic Age". "
Hate to say it, and this is a bad trait to have as someone who reads comics, but I'm a completist. Something feels wrong when I'm reading something and don't truly know at least some of the events that came before it. It's killing me not being able to get into X-Men just because there's simply too much material. This piled onto of the fact that I just discovered that my local shop is running a 50% sale on all issues more than four weeks old during the month of may, me just getting my income tax return back, and there being so little Heroic Age stuff out I don't know what to do with myself makes me want to dive right in. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.