Follow

Siege

Story arc »

Norman Osborn's Dark Reign crumbles in the Siege of Asgard.

Siege Theory

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

No Caption Provided

Whenever there is a new event in Marvel I make one of these blogs to kind of give my opinions on what I think will happen during the event and here what other people have to say about it.It's more or less a prediction thread for people to get out their ideas about what they believe will happen based on what we've seen in the previous events.Here are the other ones....  

Dark Reign Theory Blog
    http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/vance_astro/dark-reign-theory/87-37786/  
    Dark Reign Theory Thread
    http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/dark-reign-theory/377769/?     
    Skrull Theory\Secret Invasion Blog 
    http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/vance_astro/skrull-thoery/87-29858/  

So now I will make my first predictions. 

Dark Avengers 
    A.They will replace Ares.I think Ares will leave the team and join the Secret Warriors so he can be with his son.Plus Siege will go into Asgard and I don't think Ares wants to be against Thor. 
    B.Thor vs. Sentry (World War Hulk style).I think there is going to be an instance that comes down to a showdown.None of the Dark Avengers can really take Thor.I think Norman will send Sentry at him and Thor will ultimately get the win but it will be an epic fight. 

New Avengers\Mighty Avengers\Avenger Resistance\Young Avengers 
    A.The Avengers whom are beyond the law and aren't legally able to be Avengers will be one team.Cuts will be made. 
    B.The Mighty & New Avengers will get new Rosters.
    C.The Avengers Resistance which is essentially the New Warriors anyway...will just be the New Warriors. 
    D.The Young Avengers will have the Vision as a member a new Member but also gain a new member.My guess would be Thor Girl.She's not going to work for Osborn.  

This is all I have so far.Anyone else got any input?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America will all be on Mighty Avengers after Siege.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America will all be on Mighty Avengers after Siege. "
    That's confirmed? 
    Who are they going to put on the New Avengers to even it out then?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

It all depends on what the Marvel U is like after Siege.....What's going to happen with the SHRA?  Is SHIELD going to come back?  What happens to the Dark Avengers?  Will the New Avengers still be the underground team?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Quick question, can somebody tell me how Steve Rogers came back please?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @danhimself said:
    " It all depends on what the Marvel U is like after Siege.....What's going to happen with the SHRA?  Is SHIELD going to come back?  What happens to the Dark Avengers?  Will the New Avengers still be the underground team? "
    I think S.H.I.E.L.D will come back after Siege because the whole Norman Osborn Reign will be done then.It seems he's still at large in Siege.Also I don't think the Dark Avengers will be disbanded but I think they will have a roster change.Not fully but partially.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself
    @Gambler: he isn't really back yet...the Dark Avengers annual takes place after Reborn
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @danhimself said:
    " @Gambler: he isn't really back yet...the Dark Avengers annual takes place after Reborn "
    But he is coming back right? Sorry, haven't really been keeping up with Marvel lately. I did see Doom punk Taskmaster though, that was badass.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself
    @Gambler: yeah he's definitely coming back...right now the Red Skull is inside Steve's body though
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Gambler said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Gambler: he isn't really back yet...the Dark Avengers annual takes place after Reborn "
    But he is coming back right? Sorry, haven't really been keeping up with Marvel lately. I did see Doom punk Taskmaster though, that was badass. "
    He is, yes.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Is anyone keeping up with Reborn? I read it but it sucks....I'm only reading it to see how Cap returns.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @danhimself said:
    " @Gambler: yeah he's definitely coming back...right now the Red Skull is inside Steve's body though "
    Inside his body? The one that was shot? How and why?
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

no more new and dark and mighty and initiative. We shall have ONE true avengers again

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    "

no more new and dark and mighty and initiative. We shall have ONE true avengers again

"
    They still have Siege issues....
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself
    @Gambler: the gun that Sharon shot him with was like a time machine gun or something that sent Steve's mind traveling to different points of his past...but when the Red Skull tried to bring him back Sharon screwed up the process and he's now aware that he's traveling through time and could actually change things if he wanted to...at one point he meets up with Vision and gets him to record a message to the other Avengers telling them what's going on...So now they're working on fixing the problem but the Red Skull has transferred his mind into Steve's body
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    "

"
    They still have Siege issues.... "

that's just what I'm hoping for, just one Avengers book
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @danhimself said:
    " @Gambler: the gun that Sharon shot him with was like a time machine gun or something that sent Steve's mind traveling to different points of his past...but when the Red Skull tried to bring him back Sharon screwed up the process and he's now aware that he's traveling through time and could actually change things if he wanted to...at one point he meets up with Vision and gets him to record a message to the other Avengers telling them what's going on...So now they're working on fixing the problem but the Red Skull has transferred his mind into Steve's body "
    What......The.......$#@!
    (thanks for the breakdown man. Much appreciated)
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vance Astro said:

" @Nobody said:

" Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America will all be on Mighty Avengers after Siege. "
    That's confirmed? Who are they going to put on the New Avengers to even it out then? "
    Seeing how the Siege promotional posters have been playing out, I think Nobody's right. The Big 3 is up for a reunion.

@Vance Astro said:

"B.Thor vs. Sentry (World War Hulk style).I think there is going to be an instance that comes down to a showdown.None of the Dark Avengers can really take Thor.I think Norman will send Sentry at him and Thor will ultimately get the win but it will be an epic fight. 

That sounds logical.

I generally like this idea. I'm waiting to hear more about what people think. Too bad I'm only following Spider-man, DD, Cap, Iron Man, Dark and New Avengers, so I can't give an opinion about New Warriors,  Mighty, and Young Avengers.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Morph...I know that the Big 3 will be back together but I was thinking maybe the New Avengers would get new members to compensate.After thinking about it.The New Avengers roster can stay the same.The Mighty Avengers have 3 open slot anyway provided The Vision and Stature go back to the Young Avengers.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Vance Astro said:

" @Nobody said:

That's confirmed? Who are they going to put on the New Avengers to even it out then? "
    Seeing how the Siege promotional posters have been playing out, I think Nobody's right. The Big 3 is up for a reunion.

@Vance Astro said:

"B.Thor vs. Sentry (World War Hulk style).I think there is going to be an instance that comes down to a showdown.None of the Dark Avengers can really take Thor.I think Norman will send Sentry at him and Thor will ultimately get the win but it will be an epic fight. 

That sounds logical.

I generally like this idea. I'm waiting to hear more about what people think. Too bad I'm only following Spider-man, DD, Cap, Iron Man, Dark and New Avengers, so I can't give an opinion about New Warriors,  Mighty, and Young Avengers.
    "
    It's not like you can actually do much following of the Young Avengers these days. Hopefully they get their own title soon, Dark Reign: Young Avengers was lacking.

I think that Siege is finally going to bring Sentry from his crazy, though. Or at least make him a more stable character.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    It's not like you can actually do much following of the Young Avengers these days. Hopefully they get their own title soon, Dark Reign: Young Avengers was lacking.  I think that Siege is finally going to bring Sentry from his crazy, though. Or at least make him a more stable character. "
    I hope so.The whole mental instability thing went from and interesting aspect of a character that is essentially Supes to the worst plot device ever.
    Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Argentino_18

I want an all out fight of Thor And Sentry, that could be great, and this epic battleground could be the playground for Skaar to train...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Is anyone following the Fantastic Four? What are they doing?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    " It's not like you can actually do much following of the Young Avengers these days. Hopefully they get their own title soon, Dark Reign: Young Avengers was lacking.  

I think that Siege is finally going to bring Sentry from his crazy, though. Or at least make him a more stable character. "
    I could be following Mighty Avengers, though. I hear the series is good.

The thing with Sentry has been blown out of proportion. In every single storyline, Bendis finds a reason to depower him. Just for the sake of the plot, I hope his mental stability is restored, because frankly, I can't stand any more plot devices.

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Morph...I know that the Big 3 will be back together but I was thinking maybe the New Avengers would get new members to compensate.After thinking about it.The New Avengers roster can stay the same.The Mighty Avengers have 3 open slot anyway provided The Vision and Stature go back to the Young Avengers. "

I wonder what will happen to Buck now that Cap is/will be back. I hope he sticks with the team.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vance Astro said:
    " Is anyone following the Fantastic Four? What are they doing? "
    Haven't read F4 since the MoD storyline. I hear something about alternate versions of Reed running around with multiple IGs, though. 

Last time I read an issue with them in, was in Dark Wolverine # 76-77, IIRC.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " It's not like you can actually do much following of the Young Avengers these days. Hopefully they get their own title soon, Dark Reign: Young Avengers was lacking.  

I think that Siege is finally going to bring Sentry from his crazy, though. Or at least make him a more stable character. "

The thing with Sentry has been blown out of proportion. In every single storyline, Bendis finds a reason to depower him. Just for the sake of the plot, I hope his mental stability is restored, because frankly, I can't stand any more plot devices.

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Morph...I know that the Big 3 will be back together but I was thinking maybe the New Avengers would get new members to compensate.After thinking about it.The New Avengers roster can stay the same.The Mighty Avengers have 3 open slot anyway provided The Vision and Stature go back to the Young Avengers. "

I wonder what will happen to Buck now that Cap is/will be back. I hope he sticks with the team. "

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " @iLLituracy said:

It's damn good.It's getting ready to get better too. 
    As far as Sentry I would be ok with the plot devices if they were at least clever and written well.They are mostly random and unnecessary. 

@Morpheus_ said:
    I wonder what will happen to Buck now that Cap is/will be back. I hope he sticks with the team. "
    If Cap is going to be a Mighty Avenger maybe Bucky will remain where he is and just change his name. 

@Morpheus_ said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Haven't read F4 since the MoD storyline. I hear something about alternate versions of Reed running around with multiple IGs, though. 

"
    I haven't read F4 since the end of Secret Invasion.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @iLLituracy said:

@Vance Astro said:

"
    I kind of like this development. I hope it lasts, at least for a while. 

I have to read DA annual, and Captain America: Reborn though..
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

No Caption Provided
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Vance Astro said:
    Nothing related. The first arc of Hickman's Fantastic Four dealt with Reed's from different Earths coming together to solve all the problems in the multiverse such as imprisoning the Dr. Dooms of their Earth and killing the Galactuses among other stuff. That arc ended when they're attacked by the Eternals of one of the alternate Reed's universe. 616-Reed goes back to his lab and comes back with weaponry strong enough to kill the Eternals and drive them back.

The following issue was about Millar's Nu-Earth or whatever it was called and how it was placed next to a wormhole and time was accelerated there and everything basically fell to crap. Alex Ultron and Lightwave took over Nu-World and enslaved Natalie X and imprisoned Bruce Jr. That issue ends with Valeria revealing she's smarter than Reed, apparently.

As far as involvement in Siege or Dark Reign, Hickman hasn't really touched on that since his mini-series.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vance Astro said:
    "
    @Morpheus_ said:
    If Cap is going to be a Mighty Avenger maybe Bucky will remain where he is and just change his name. 

"
    Look above.

@Vance Astro said:
    "

@Morpheus_ said:
    " @Vance Astro said:

"
    I haven't read F4 since the end of Secret Invasion. "

I'm thinking about catching up with Millar's run, I basically read the MoD storyline because anyone was talking about how Millar killed off Doom at the time. Still, I have quite a few series to read first, so it isn't a priority at the moment.

Agreed about Sentry.
    The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Scourge
    @Nobody said:
    I hope not. I don't like Thor on a team XD

This is pretty out of topic, but did anyone see the Thor-Sentry fight in the What If? Secret invasion?
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Nobody said:
    I hope not. I don't like Thor on a team XD  This is pretty out of topic, but did anyone see the Thor-Sentry fight in the What If? Secret invasion? "
    No. I hadn't even heard it exists. Why were they fighting anyway?
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Nothing related. The first arc of Hickman's Fantastic Four dealt with Reed's from different Earths coming together to solve all the problems in the multiverse such as imprisoning the Dr. Dooms of their Earth and killing the Galactuses among other stuff. That arc ended when they're attacked by the Eternals of one of the alternate Reed's universe. 616-Reed goes back to his lab and comes back with weaponry strong enough to kill the Eternals and drive them back.  The following issue was about Millar's Nu-Earth or whatever it was called and how it was placed next to a wormhole and time was accelerated there and everything basically fell to crap. Alex Ultron and Lightwave took over Nu-World and enslaved Natalie X and imprisoned Bruce Jr. That issue ends with Valeria revealing she's smarter than Reed, apparently.  As far as involvement in Siege or Dark Reign, Hickman hasn't really touched on that since his mini-series. "
    It was the Celestials, not the Eternals. But otherwise, this is what has happened.
    The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Scourge
    @Morpheus_ said:
    No. I hadn't even heard it exists. Why were they fighting anyway? "
    Not sure, I only saw scans of the fight itself. The fight was lame though.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    Not sure, I only saw scans of the fight itself. The fight was lame though. "
    Thor won, I take it?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

WTF? 

No Caption Provided
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By iLLituracy
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Nothing related. The first arc of Hickman's Fantastic Four dealt with Reed's from different Earths coming together to solve all the problems in the multiverse such as imprisoning the Dr. Dooms of their Earth and killing the Galactuses among other stuff. That arc ended when they're attacked by the Eternals of one of the alternate Reed's universe. 616-Reed goes back to his lab and comes back with weaponry strong enough to kill the Eternals and drive them back.  The following issue was about Millar's Nu-Earth or whatever it was called and how it was placed next to a wormhole and time was accelerated there and everything basically fell to crap. Alex Ultron and Lightwave took over Nu-World and enslaved Natalie X and imprisoned Bruce Jr. That issue ends with Valeria revealing she's smarter than Reed, apparently.  As far as involvement in Siege or Dark Reign, Hickman hasn't really touched on that since his mini-series. "
    It was the Celestials, not the Eternals. But otherwise, this is what has happened. "
    I don't know why I said Eternals. Wow.

Don't drink and type.

@Vance Astro said:
    "

WTF? 

No Caption Provided
    "

Yeah, those were the three that basically ran the council. Those were the Infinity Gauntlets from their universes.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

A room full of Reed's and they need 3 Infinity Gauntlets to get the job done?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Vance Astro said:
    " A room full of Reed's and they need 3 Infinity Gauntlets to get the job done? "
    They were outside of their universe. The Infinity Gauntlets only worked in their respective universes.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    I don't think that is confirmed. That is my theory.
    The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Scourge
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    Thor won, I take it? "
    Yup, via snapping Sentry's neck.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    Thor won, I take it? "
    Yup, via snapping Sentry's neck. "
    I don't think that's in character for Thor, or sufficient in order to stop Sentry, but What Ifs? don't make much sense in general.
    The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Scourge
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    Thor won, I take it? "
    I don't think that's in character for Thor, or sufficient in order to stop Sentry, but What Ifs? don't make much sense in general. "
    Thor snapped Hulk's neck in a What If? too.
    Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46  Edited By Matezoide2
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    Thor won, I take it? "
    I don't think that's in character for Thor, or sufficient in order to stop Sentry, but What Ifs? don't make much sense in general. "
    Thor snapped Hulk's neck in a What If? too. "
    that moment sucked,i mean it felt like the What If? was rushed
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Fresh Prince said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    Thor won, I take it? "
    Thor snapped Hulk's neck in a What If? too. "
    Dr Doom, with PR Beyonder's full power, and the Infinity Gauntlet required 4 centuries to defeat the Celestials. Talk about PIS.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I just got caught up with Fantastic Four.I didn't know the Thing was getting married :)

TheGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheGuy
    @Vance Astro: I thought he didn't go through with it?
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By Darkchild
    @Gambler said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Gambler: the gun that Sharon shot him with was like a time machine gun or something that sent Steve's mind traveling to different points of his past...but when the Red Skull tried to bring him back Sharon screwed up the process and he's now aware that he's traveling through time and could actually change things if he wanted to...at one point he meets up with Vision and gets him to record a message to the other Avengers telling them what's going on...So now they're working on fixing the problem but the Red Skull has transferred his mind into Steve's body "
    What......The.......$#@! (thanks for the breakdown man. Much appreciated) "
    Agreed i wanted to know what was happening aswell. I love reading back posts

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.