Follow

Siege

Story arc »

Norman Osborn's Dark Reign crumbles in the Siege of Asgard.

Siege Story Arc Question

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blazinasian112

Hey everyone, looking to get into the Siege storyline.  I was looking to get Siege #1-4.  Will this cover the main plot?  And how is it different from Siege Embedded #1-4?  Thanks

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @blazinasian112: My recommendation is that you don't read it. It's the worst comic I've ever read. Which characters do you enjoy? Why are you interested in reading it? 

Siege: Spider-Man was the only good book in the whole event, I recommend reading that. But Siege 1-4 does cover the whole story.
    _Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Courage_
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "@blazinasian112: My recommendation is that you don't read it. It's the worst comic I've ever read. Which characters do you enjoy? Why are you interested in reading it?   Siege: Spider-Man was the only good book in the whole event, I recommend reading that. But Siege 1-4 does cover the whole story. "

I agree. I didn't care too much for Siege. You get the main story with just Siege 1-4, but there's a ton of tie-in's that be would be helpful to read. (If you care for the story, that is).
    blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blazinasian112

Do you guys know what is in Siege Embedded #1-4 ?
    .o0Johnny0o.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By .o0Johnny0o.
    @blazinasian112: It follows Ben Ulrich as he's covering the story of the Siege of Asgard.  Him and his friend 'fight' against an embedded journalist. I think Volstagg made an appearance as well. I didn't read it but a good friend who's opinion I value said it was so-so. A nice addition to the Siege set up and at least a different taste to the other tie ins but not necessary.

To be honest, I thought Siege/Dark Reign was a weaker version of Civil War.  Whereas Civil War dealt a lot with the role of State or Privacy vs Rights, Dark Reign and Siege barely touched upon higher themes like that.  While it did make a cool action romp (for lack of a better word) you would need a bit of reading around Dark Reign to appreciate the characters.  One thing that annoyed me about Siege was that I'd shell out for other tie in's and a lot of it was the same scene re-drawn from a different perspective: artistically it's a nice touch but I'm a student and all those comics can add up and burn a hole in your pocket
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @blazinasian112: My recommendation is that you don't read it. It's the worst comic I've ever read. Which characters do you enjoy? Why are you interested in reading it?   Siege: Spider-Man was the only good book in the whole event, I recommend reading that. But Siege 1-4 does cover the whole story. "
    ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS!?!?!?
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#7  Edited By Deadcool
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @blazinasian112: My recommendation is that you don't read it. It's the worst comic I've ever read. Which characters do you enjoy? Why are you interested in reading it?   Siege: Spider-Man was the only good book in the whole event, I recommend reading that. But Siege 1-4 does cover the whole story. "
    YOUR OPINION MAN
    YOUR OPINION MAN
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#8  Edited By Deadcool
    @blazinasian112 said:
    " Hey everyone, looking to get into the Siege storyline.  I was looking to get Siege #1-4.  Will this cover the main plot?  And how is it different from Siege Embedded #1-4?  Thanks "
    Well, Siege embedded is just the point of view of Ben Urich and the people and Siege is the fights and all the Superhero thing, Siege 1, 2 and 3 are awesome, but the number 4 was different, so fast, dissapointed, but good enough for me.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS!?!?!? "
    Ms Marvel + Spidey = win, no matter how much Gargan sucks lol
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS!?!?!? "
    Ms Marvel + Spidey = win, no matter how much Gargan sucks lol "
    Ms. Marvel... the LIVING POWER BATTERY... needed help from a TELEPHONE POLE to get the symbiote off. 

The only good thing about that book was this page.  

No Caption Provided

Nothing else about it was necessary or good. Also, the advertising for it was false ("LOL NEW HOST EVERYBODY(FORTENSECONDS)").
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Gambit1024

The only thing that was good about Siege if anything was the art. Oh and the part where Spider-Man decked Osborn in the face at the end. 

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @InnerVenom123: Spidey and Ms Marvel are one of my favourite "never-gonna-happen" couples, so I take what I can get :D 
    Not to mention the event surrounding it was Bendis saying "mentally ill people are potentially dangerous, let's kill them".
    Avatar image for ironspidy_rooney
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney

In my opinion I liked the main Siege story in issue 1-4. I plan on getting almost all of the trades because the tie-ins to Siege mark the end of an era for the Avengers since all of the Avengers books come to a close with siege

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.