Follow

Siege

Story arc »

Norman Osborn's Dark Reign crumbles in the Siege of Asgard.

Hypothesis: The Future SHIELD/HAMMER Plus: Siege #4 Coipel Cover

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

So today Bendis tweeted the Coipel cover for Siege #4: 

No Caption Provided

SIEGE # 4

The Story:

THE MARVEL BLOCKBUSTER OF THE YEAR!! This double-sized finale brings the Dark Reign to a shattering conclusion and brings with it the bombastic new HEROIC AGE. Every single page of this book is a shocker: Lives are changed. Heroes fall. Deaths. Revenge. Villain comeuppance. And when the dust settles, who will be in charge of the Marvel Universe?? You will find out here and only here. This is the one they will be talking about. Cardstock Cover/Rated T …$3.99

In Stores: May 12, 2010
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

2 things: Notice when this issue is coming out. May not April (Delay!)
    The Story summary asks: "Who will be in charge of the Marvel Universe??"

Facts: It's safe to say that whoever is on that cover (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, Bucky, Patriot, Hulking and Wiccan) will survive Siege, but who will be in charge after? 
    Maybe the variant cover for Siege #4 answers that question (See Right). Could Iron Man be taking over as director again? 
    Then again Steve Rogers appears to be dropping the Captain America mantle. 
    On the cover of Avengers: Prime, it seems like he'll be wearing a new 'uniform' perhaps (See Left). Could Steve's new uniform be a SHIELD or HAMMER uniform? as director maybe? 

Of course we can't forget Victoria Hand. What will her role be after Siege? 

No Caption Provided

In the new Invincible Iron Man story arc some "HAMMER Girls" will be appearing. Maybe Vicky will join Stark?
    The question that brings up is, why would it still be HAMMER? In Dark Avengers #1 Victoria Hand's first job was to figure out words that would fit the HAMMER anagram? Will it be resolved after this issue?

Hypothesis: I think that just like Maria Hill joined the supporting cast of the Invincible Iron Man title after Civil War so will Victoria Hand. Added to that there is a possibility that HAMMER will stay HAMMER rather than return to being SHIELD (Hence the fact that Invincible Iron Man's next arc will be called HAMMER Girls), with Steve Rogers being the new director.

Am I going too far with this? or is there a possibility my hypothesis is right? 
    Agree and/or disagree with me Viners!

Hypothesis Outcome

FAIL
    So it's not a complete fail since I hypothesized that Steve Rogers being the new SHIELD director and he is, but I got it wrong this time when it came to HAMMER Girls Victoria Hand is not involved at all which makes me sad!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

First off, that cover for Siege #4 is great. 

But getting to your points, I didn't think that what Steve is wearing on Avengers: Prime cover could be blacked out until you mentioned it, i thought he was just wearing all black. I think he may just start S.H.I.E.L.D. back up. 

The Hammer Girls I don't think will have anything to do with H.A.M.M.E.R., I thought they might have some connection to Justin Hammer? His daughters perhaps? Since Justin Hammer will be playing a role in Iron Man 2 it would make sense for them to bring him back to the comics or at least something that has connections to him since I believe he's dead.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sora_thekey
    @War Killer: Yeah I wouldn't have noticed either but a few months ago I saw a sketch version of the cover and his body was all whited out... so when the colored version came out I thought that they wouldn't white out his body in the sketch version just to have him in black!

I didn't think of Justin Hammer! Very good point!
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Aw man! Steve starting SHIELD up again? This is exactly what I DIDN'T want to happen. =/
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iLLituracy

I think that is what Steve is wearing and what he will be wearing for the meanwhile. It's the exact outfit he was wearing in Dark Avengers Annual and I think there's interior art that has him wearing that.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    "Aw man! Steve starting SHIELD up again? This is exactly what I DIDN'T want to happen. =/ "
    He may or not be, I'm thinking if they don't bring S.H.I.E.L.D. back, he's going to be in charge off all of the Avengers teams like "Nick Fury of the Avengers" or something like that.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @iLLituracy said:

"I think that is what Steve is wearing and what he will be wearing for the meanwhile. It's the exact outfit he was wearing in Dark Avengers Annual and I think there's interior art that has him wearing that."

I was thinking he might be wearing something like this as well, my best guess/hope is that he might be the leader of Secret Avengers, and since Ed Brubaker is writing it, it wouold make sense to have him on the team.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sora_thekey
    @War Killer said:
    " @iLLituracy said:

"I think that is what Steve is wearing and what he will be wearing for the meanwhile. It's the exact outfit he was wearing in Dark Avengers Annual and I think there's interior art that has him wearing that."

I was thinking he might be wearing something like this as well, my best guess/hope is that he might be the leader of Secret Avengers, and since Ed Brubaker is writing it, it wouold make sense to have him on the team. "
    Which outfit from DA Annual? 
    Images please!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @iLLituracy said:

I was thinking he might be wearing something like this as well, my best guess/hope is that he might be the leader of Secret Avengers, and since Ed Brubaker is writing it, it wouold make sense to have him on the team. "
    Which outfit from DA Annual?  Images please! "
    I can't find the image, but it's the same as the one he wore in New Avengers... 

New Avengers #61
    New Avengers #61

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Lokheit

The U.S president  told Steve " that he has a feeling that in the coming days, America is going to call on Steve for something much bigger." 

Maybe this was in fact an accurate prediction (as the autor knew what was going to happen) and he will be on charge, or maybe he will team up with fury (he appears in an upcoming secret warriors cover).

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Benzo

Good predictions Sora :) ! My prediction is that Steve Rogers will become head of s.h.i.e.l.d and Victoria Hand might become Luke cage's assistant , in the thunderbolts. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sora_thekey
    @War Killer:  

@Benzo: Huh Vicky and Luke... nice combo!  
    I like that idea!

Avatar image for magnetowasright
    MagnetoWasRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By MagnetoWasRight

Bucky's left arm is definitely his robotic one, yet it isn't here. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sora_thekey

I just edited the Blog entry to say if my Hypothesis outcome will be a Win! or FAIL... in this case it was a FAIL

^Read^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.