Follow

Shriek

Character » Shriek appears in 28 issues.

A scientist working in the field of sonics, he was contracted to go after the Batman of the future. He lost his hearing in an encounter with Terry McGinnis, and now vows revenge against him.

Is He Dead? O_o

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Can someone tell me if Shriek is dead or not? His page says that it was "implied" he was killed by Hush in the most recent Batman Beyond mini-series but from what I've read I can't find anything that even mentions Shriek being killed anywhere in the mini-series, and being one of my favorite Beyond villains I was wondering if anyone could answer this for me, please? (Note: I am missing issue three from the mini-series, so if that was the issue he was said to have been killed in, please let me know...)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
    @War Killer: Well, its just like the page suggests. It is an implyed death.

In issue #4, Hush Beyond (the clone) is attacking Terry with Stalker's spear (whom he also suggests he killed), and then when Terry is down he says,

"There. And just in case that's not enough...here's a little present from someone else I met tonight...our old friend Shriek"

He used one of Shriek's devices to knock him out.

Given that we don't actully see him die, this might not be the end for this character. However, given that he had already killed several people already, it can be assumed regretably that he is dead. Though he might come back some how.
    check out my list of Victims of Hush Beyond for other details on the casualties of Hush Beyond
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @The Poet: Ah, I saw the reference to Stalker and Mad Stan but missed the Shriek comment. But luckily with deaths in comic books, the fact there isn't a body means he can always come back later and they could just say he used one of Hush had just gotten one of his devices. If I remember right, Shriek had a whole building dropped on him once in the show and some how survived so I don't see him dying that easily :P

But thanks for clearing that up for me, really appreciate it! ^_^ Also, great list by the way. :D
    The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#4  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
    @War Killer: thanks and no problem!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.