Follow

Shredder

Character » Shredder appears in 379 issues.

Leader of the Foot Clan Ninjas and the arch-enemy of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and their master Splinter. Many incarnations of this villain have surfaced- human, Utrom, Clone, and even a Shark mutant.

SHREDDER from michael bay's TMNT revealed

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Poll SHREDDER from michael bay's TMNT revealed (16 votes)

5 of 5 - perfect 19%
    4 of 5 - great 25%
    3 of 5 - good 13%
    2 of 5 - ok / meh 6%
    1 of 5 - bad 13%
    0 of 5 - horrible 25%

i was praying we would get something as bad ass as artist Stjepan Sejic's redesign of the character, i got my wish

http://www.deviantart.com/download/204055180/heres_your_turtle_power_by_nebezial-d3dhlzg.jpg?token=5458e134d3e9fcc6ad4badca79a5987d9461a716&ts=1391011107

• 
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

the mask is horrible...I definitely get what they meant in the toy descriptions when they said that the costume was to busy

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the mask is horrible...I definitely get what they meant in the toy descriptions when they said that the costume was to busy

not a bad thing for me, i bloody hate when shit is too simple, looks utterly perfect IMO, the mask is dark and dread inducing

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So far this movie just screams THE NINETIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to me. The mask is BAD.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far this movie just screams THE NINETIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to me. The mask is BAD.

ive heard that claim before, i MIGHT be able to see it with shredder, but that still looks perfect to me, the turtles i dont buy it, they look exactly like the turtles have aways looked, just with a more realistic predator like skin texture.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

not a bad thing for me, i bloody hate when shit is too simple, looks utterly perfect IMO, the mask is dark and dread inducing

No Caption Provided

this looks 1000% better

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman said:

@danhimself said:

No Caption Provided

this looks 1000% better

In your opinion, fair enough, for me the helmets good, but the cloth over mouth i think would just end up looking silly live action, especially when he talks :/

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Megatron wants his face back

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Too. Much.

Also, Shredder should not be played by a white guy.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

@movieartman said:

@danhimself said:

No Caption Provided

this looks 1000% better

In your opinion, fair enough, for me the helmets good, but the cloth over mouth i think would just end up looking silly live action, especially when he talks :/

Spider-man has cloth over his mouth and he doesn't look silly when he talks....besides the Shredder is a martial artist how is he supposed to move with all that stuff all over him

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man has cloth over his mouth and he doesn't look silly when he talks....besides the Shredder is a martial artist how is he supposed to move with all that stuff all over him

Might not be a martial artist in this rendition of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: That suit looks more like powered armor than samurai/ninja gear to me.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonsmith said:

@danhimself said:

Might not be a martial artist in this rendition of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: That suit looks more like powered armor than samurai/ninja gear to me.

Even his cape has blades :(

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

Too. Much.

the way i look at it is this, if they had a white guy playing Oroku Saki, then we should all be mad, but that isnt the case, the white guy is playing a original character who is just using the shredder persona, its like Rhodes taking on the iron patriot persona in ironman 3 and now in the comics despite it originally being used by norman osborn.

the CHARACTER and the character's persona don't have to be exclusive, do you know how many characters have used the hobgoblin persona in the comics?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not perfect... But then again, it could have being a lot worse. I half-hearted expected a guy in military garb like Colonel Shraedder :\

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Hahahaha, I am so sorry, i know how much of a TMNT diehard you are.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@jake_fury: It's like Bay is going out of his way to piss off TmnT fans!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks cool.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By fodigg

@movieartman said:

@fodigg said:

Too. Much.

the way i look at it is this, if they had a white guy playing Oroku Saki, then we should all be mad, but that isnt the case, the white guy is playing a original character who is just using the shredder persona, its like Rhodes taking on the iron patriot persona in ironman 3 and now in the comics despite it originally being used by norman osborn.

the CHARACTER and the character's persona don't have to be exclusive, do you know how many characters have used the hobgoblin persona in the comics?

I get what you're saying, and I love legacy characters, but this is not an instance of legacy, it's a reworking of an established Japanese character as a white dude. That's still white-washing, even if they're not having a white actor essentially "yellow-face" a character named Oroku Saki.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

looks fine to me. A lot of people are just hating on it because it has Michael Bay's name it it or it isn't the way they wanted it it.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. This is gonna be as shitty as Bay's other movies.

RIP Ninja Turtles. My Childhood favourite franchise :(

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, not terrible. A bit too much armor but still looks good. I don't really mind it. What I do mind is that-

In the script, it's been said that the Turtles will be aliens and not MUTANT TURTLES!! WTF?! Plus it's been said that RAPHAEL WILL PROVIDE COMIC RELIEF NOT MICHELANGELO!!! I will boycott all things Ninja Turtle until they fix this sh!t.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

Meh, not terrible. A bit too much armor but still looks good. I don't really mind it. What I do mind is that-

In the script, it's been said that the Turtles will be aliens and not MUTANT TURTLES!! WTF?! Plus it's been said that RAPHAEL WILL PROVIDE COMIC RELIEF NOT MICHELANGELO!!! I will boycott all things Ninja Turtle until they fix this sh!t.

The alien thing was debunked. Don't know about the rest of it though.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

@movieartman said:

@fodigg said:

Too. Much.

I get what you're saying, and I love legacy characters, but this is not an instance of legacy, it's a reworking of an established Japanese character as a white dude. That's still white-washing, even if they're not have a white actor essentially "yellow-face" a character named Oroku Saki.

agreed

at this point without knowing any plot points...I just don't see the point of changing the character...the only reason that they went after Shredder in the first place was because of his connection to Splinter and they're past together...I don't really like when origins are changed for movies...it makes no sense...the reason you're making this movie based on another property is because of it's built in popularity so the first thing you do is radically change the characters and they're origins? that makes no sense at all to me when you've got what is essentially a very basic script already in your hands before you even begin the movie

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DoomGuy

lol wut

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this Shredder or Lord Zedd?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.