Follow

Shocker

Character » Shocker appears in 569 issues.

Shocker is a supervillain originating from Marvel Comics. A self-taught engineer, Herman Schultz created a pair of gauntlets that produces shock waves incorporated into a suit that protects him from the impact of of the blasts. He is a recurring foe of the superhero Spider-Man.

How smart is he?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

I know Shocker is usually shown as a joke(Ultimate Shocker), or not that bright. But how smart do you actually think he is? I mean wasn't he able to design his vibrators and suit, while he was in prison? Thats pretty impressive.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

you know

you have me thinking now

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I think he is smart but gets sidetracked with his lust for money.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'd put him at Peter Parker's level of intellect, or should be. Not astounding but enough to have very clever insights that others might not necessarily see.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SUNMAN
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " I'd put him at Peter Parker's level of intellect, or should be. Not astounding but enough to have very clever insights that others might not necessarily see. "
    your realize Peer Parker is actually really smart right. He is a wiz kid, a scientific genius compared to your average person.

Of course when you compare him to Ironman, Reed Richards and Hank Pym he seems average. But normally he is quote astute
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself
    @Nobody said:
    "I know Shocker is usually shown as a joke(Ultimate Shocker), or not that bright. But how smart do you actually think he is? I mean wasn't he able to design his vibrators and suit, while he was in prison? Thats pretty impressive. "

actually the Ultimate Shocker is a complete reversal of the 616 version....the 616 Shocker , when he was first created was never seen as a joke...in fact Spider-man has never really beaten him
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @SUNMAN said:
    " @PrinceIMC said:
    " I'd put him at Peter Parker's level of intellect, or should be. Not astounding but enough to have very clever insights that others might not necessarily see. "
    your realize Peer Parker is actually really smart right. He is a wiz kid, a scientific genius compared to your average person.

Of course when you compare him to Ironman, Reed Richards and Hank Pym he seems average. But normally he is quote astute
    "
    Yeah sorry I don't mean to say that Shocker has been portrayed at Peter's level but I think he should be. Coming up with those gauntlets and suit would take someone of Parker's level. I know he's a genius, he invented web shooters, spider tracers, come up with defenses against people that should have beaten him and out-thought people even smarter than him. Don't mean to put Parker down, he's much more of a real world genius type rather than the insane Stark, Richards, Pym, Doom, Cho level.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SUNMAN
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " @SUNMAN said:
    " @PrinceIMC said:

"
    Yeah sorry I don't mean to say that Shocker has been portrayed at Peter's level but I think he should be. Coming up with those gauntlets and suit would take someone of Parker's level. I know he's a genius, he invented web shooters, spider tracers, come up with defenses against people that should have beaten him and out-thought people even smarter than him. Don't mean to put Parker down, he's much more of a real world genius type rather than the insane Stark, Richards, Pym, Doom, Cho level. "
    Okay I see your point, and you make sense. Too bad he is rarely portrayed at this intellectual level since his creation
    Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Sheep-Kill
    @danhimself said:
    " @Nobody said:
    "I know Shocker is usually shown as a joke(Ultimate Shocker), or not that bright. But how smart do you actually think he is? I mean wasn't he able to design his vibrators and suit, while he was in prison? Thats pretty impressive. "
    actually the Ultimate Shocker is a complete reversal of the 616 version....the 616 Shocker , when he was first created was never seen as a joke...in fact Spider-man has never really beaten him "
    @danhimself: True.  They have always been an even match.  Most of Spider-Man's seem to be on the inanity streak or even megalomaniac streak.  But Shocker is pretty down to earth and is just a normal thief.  He just happens to have  a powerful weapon at hand.
    Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
    deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@blackspidey2099 Shocker only being Peter Parker level intelligence? that's some hard lowball.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.