Can someone explain this to me?

#1 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9820 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I was pretty knowledgable within the realm of comics but there are some things I just don't know. As far as I knew Shining Knight was a male, yet in Demon Knights it's clearly a female. Did they change the sex/name/history/everything of the character or were their multiple shining knights? Because this is all very confusing to me. Thanks for the help

#2 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically what happend is this: The male Shining Knight is Sir Justin who's been around comics since I think the Golden age most famous for being the founder of The Seven soilders of victory. He disappeared during Identity crisis (a crossover with mix results I happen to be the side who loves it but do acknowledge the flaws) After he, Vixen, Captain Marvel, and Firestorm attacked Shadow-Thief who gained Justin sword and stabbed Firestorm with it causing him to have a nuclear reaction (Since Firestorm is basically nuclear powered) and ultimatly killing him. Now the female is Sir Ystin who appeared during Grant Morrison revival of the concept of The SSoV. She became alot more famous as time went along so hell if anyone knows what happen to Justin. For all I know since Justin was a golden age character he'll probably appear in Earth 2. Hoped that answered your question

#3 Posted by SavageDragon (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

@DJ1107 said:

Basically what happend is this: The male Shining Knight is Sir Justin who's been around comics since I think the Golden age most famous for being the founder of The Seven soilders of victory. He disappeared during Identity crisis (a crossover with mix results I happen to be the side who loves it but do acknowledge the flaws) After he, Vixen, Captain Marvel, and Firestorm attacked Shadow-Thief who gained Justin sword and stabbed Firestorm with it causing him to have a nuclear reaction (Since Firestorm is basically nuclear powered) and ultimatly killing him. Now the female is Sir Ystin who appeared during Grant Morrison revival of the concept of The SSoV. She became alot more famous as time went along so hell if anyone knows what happen to Justin. For all I know since Justin was a golden age character he'll probably appear in Earth 2. Hoped that answered your question

Yea your right on all this. Also the female Sir ystin in Demon Knights has her own back story. I think in Demon Knights #5 it has her backstory. She was given her powers by Merlin because of a devotion to Camelot I believe. Read Demon Knights number 5.

#4 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2188 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

@DJ1107 said:

Yea your right on all this. Also the female Sir ystin in Demon Knights has her own back story. I think in Demon Knights #5 it has her backstory. She was given her powers by Merlin because of a devotion to Camelot I believe. Read Demon Knights number 5.

Yistin's Transgender, so despite being physically female, should be referred to as male. 'He,' and 'him.'

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.