Follow

Shimmer

Character » Shimmer appears in 147 issues.

Mammoth's older twin sister, a member of the Fearsome Five who uses her metahuman ability to fight the Titans.

Anyone else notice YJ Shimmer always loses?

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I dunno if this was intentional on behalf of the Young Justice writers, but did anyone else notice that Mammoth's sister Shimmer ALWAYS lost? And when I say that, I don't just mean that she never won a fight with against any heroes, I mean she always got knocked the heck out with relative ease, even after she finally gained super powers...Was that an intentional inside joke on behalf of the writers like how Kenny always dies in Southpark or Waspinator always gets blown up in Beast Wars? Or was it just an amazing coincidence that she always got singled out for a quick KO?

Kind of a pity really, they go to all the trouble of including her on the show & giving her a more menacing redesign (though one could argue the Shimmer name doesn't make much sense with her looking like a goth/punk gal now lol), but she never manages to do much besides get her butt kicked (though at least she was the one who turned her bro into a monster lol).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.