S.H.I.E.L.D. --- What next?

gordocomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gordocomics

Jonathan Hickman and Dustin Weaver's S.H.I.E.L.D. was easily my favorite book on the shelves this past year. These two creators have climbed towards the top of my favorites list from this book alone (Thats a lie. i love all of Hickman's other stuff too). Unfortunately, the first volume has ended with questions remaining unanswered and very little closure. Good news is that solicits for the last issue say that the same creative team will be back for a volume 2. I am very excited for the story to continue. However, beyond that one solicitation, i haven't heard anything about a second volume or the book in general for that matter. What I gather is that people are generally fond of this book, but I haven't seen a whole lot about it in the media. So, i open this thread to discuss what happens next in S.H.I.E.L.D. and express my own acclamation for the book. I invite anybody to post their thoughts on the future of S.H.I.E.L.D. as well as the book in general.

DahliaDeco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DahliaDeco

this is the one with Newton/da Vinci and that sort of thing isn't it? been hearing about it, it actually sounds very awesome--we don't read many new comics but this one is definitely on the list, is there a TPB out already then? if so we will have to buy that
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Its an awesome concept and was really well handled, from what I read, but my biggest problem was it wasn't coming out every month or at the same time between issues at all. I lost track of when the issues were coming out so stopped and decided to just wait for the trade.

gordocomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gordocomics

yeah the bi-monthly schedule was frustrating for this book. hopefully volume two will be monthly.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Jotham

Never heard of it. This is the Nick Fury SHIELD?

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Loki9876

i am going to buy the tpb (i always buy tpb's it's rare when i buy a single issue.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By iLLituracy

SHIELD is probably Marvel's best book next to Fantastic Four.

gordocomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gordocomics
    @Jotham: yes. it's the secret history of SHIELD (and the marvel universe) that dates all the way back to almost 3000 B.C. It shows many different historical figures (Imhotep, Zhang Heng, Galileo, Da Vinci, Isaac Newton, etc.) as part of the "Brotherhood of the Shield" in their respective time periods. It is yet to be explained how this version of SHIELD turns into the nick fury one, but you are led to believe it does. I highly recommend getting the TPB of the first volume when it comes out. 
    thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By thechessclub

Coming from a man that loves to Hate Marvel...This is one of best books by any publisher recently. I actually didn't know it wasn't an ongoing so that kind of is a let down but other than that I loved it. Also, I presume the art was why it was a bi-monthly title. Which the art was fantabulous so I can totally forgive that infraction.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator

Why S.H.I.E.L.D Infinity of course! (loved the first series)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.