Who is the rightful ruler of the Shi'ar Empire?

#1 Posted by Lifeguard (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator is the current Majestor of the Shi'ar Imperium. However, he is not of Shi'ar royalty. He is a Strontian. First Vulcan, a human, tried to take over the Empire and succeeded. Now Gladiator, another non-Shi'ar alien is sitting on the throne. I can't help but think that some elements within the Empire would rather have a Shi'ar of royal blood as their Majestor/Majestrix. Besides, Gladiator seems to dislike his position as Emperor and would rather return to leading the Imperial Guard. So who should be the rightful ruler of the Shi'ar?

The original royal Neramani line of succession was in this order: Deathbird, D'ken and Lilandra. All of whom are either deceased or out of commision.

Deathbird's offspring
White Noise
Black Light (Deceased)
Deathcry (Deceased)
Lifeguard
Slipstream
D'Ken (Deceased)
Adam-X (D'Ken's son)
Gladiator (Current Majestor)
Kid Gladiator

Deathbird is currently in a coma. However, some of her offspring are eligible for the throne. Black Light and White Noise are supposed children of Deathbird. However, they choose to serve on the Imperial Guard. Black Light recently perished in Realm of Kings. We know Lifeguard is making a return sometime soon, so it seems as if she may be next in line in the order of succession. I propose a new Shi'ar civil war between the various factions vying for the throne between Deathbird's heirs (Lifeguard, Slipstream), D'Ken's heir (Adam-X), and Gladiator's heir (Kid Gladiator) and whoever else I might have missed.

#2 Posted by Kairan1979 (16868 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lifeguard
are you sure Deathbird can beceme Majestrix again without Vulcan backing her up?
#3 Posted by Lifeguard (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979 said:

@Lifeguard: are you sure Deathbird can beceme Majestrix again without Vulcan backing her up?

I'm pretty sure Deathbird is not eligible since, you know, she's basically evil. I agree with you, but does that make her children ineligible as well?

#4 Posted by Paracelsus (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Medusa was the current ruler of both the Kree and Shi' ar Empires!

Terry

#5 Posted by Dernman (15251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Paracelsus said:

Terry

Nah Black Bolt is back on the thrown of the Inhumans and the Supreme Intelligence is back in control of the Kree.

#6 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@Paracelsus said:

Terry

Nah Black Bolt is back on the thrown of the Inhumans and the Supreme Intelligence is back in control of the Kree.

When did this happen???

#7 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator.

#8 Posted by Dernman (15251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@Dernman said:

@Paracelsus said:

Terry

When did this happen???

Current Fantastic Four and FF books. There is a war happening now.

#9 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@Daycrawler said:

@Dernman said:

@Paracelsus said:

Terry

When did this happen???

Current Fantastic Four and FF books. There is a war happening now.

Cheers! I'll have to get the trades when they come out. Been catching up on all the cosmic stuff recently, so would be good to see the return of Black Bolt.

#10 Posted by Paracelsus (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Black Bolt was dead!

Terry

#11 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.