chocolate_lantern's Sherlock Holmes review

Too predictable, quite disappointed

I was looking forward to this. But when I finally saw it on blue ray I was disappointed. After about 15 min into the movie I already knew what was going to happen and thought it was just a waste of time. It did drag it self out, the witty/funny lines weren't that funny. However, I did think the acting was very good, I enjoyed the monologue parts where Downey Jr. said his ideas in slow motion then actually took action. Too bad the writing wasn't as good as the actors. 2.5 out of 5 they could have done a lot better than this.

Other reviews for Sherlock Holmes

Not a Literary Piece 0

I will not trouble you with a breakdown of the plot since you can easily find that at the top of the page. Rather, I will talk about how fans of the great literary works from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle might be a bit let down when they watch this movie.   The Good:  This movie is full of action and adventure. It can easily stand alone without any references toward the literary works which it is based on. The average movie-goer who loves action movies along with Robert Downey Jr. will be pleased at t...