Why Does She-Hulk not have big muscles?

• 57 results
#1 Posted by jl9233 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?

#2 Posted by inferiorego (28257 posts) - - Show Bio
jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids.
Staff
#3 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Grace seems too lol
#4 Edited by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

No, cuz that wouldn't be attractive.

Hot? Hell no!
#5 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids."
have you ever seen a muscle magazine at the grocery store?  women can get disgustingly big.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
jl9233 said:
I don't see how the way she is now makes less sense than what you're saying.
#7 Posted by inferiorego (28257 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"inferiorego said:
"jl9233 said:
Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids."
have you ever seen a muscle magazine at the grocery store?  women can get disgustingly big.

"
But he's talking about Hulk big. Even the most muscular woman is no where near as big as the most muscular man.
Staff
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"inferiorego said:
"jl9233 said:

"
But he's talking about Hulk big. Even the most muscular woman is no where near as big as the most muscular man."
Truth.COM
#9 Posted by inferiorego (28257 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"inferiorego said:
"jl9233 said:

"
But he's talking about Hulk big. Even the most muscular woman is no where near as big as the most muscular man."
Truth.COM"
now you made me want to smoke....
Staff
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"inferiorego said:
"jl9233 said:

"
Truth.COM"
now you made me want to smoke...."
Awesome...go go go.
#11 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
jl9233 said:
because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing
#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"jl9233 said:
because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing"
If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her.
#13 Posted by inferiorego (28257 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"jl9233 said:
because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing"
If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her."
You forgot Juggernaut.
Staff
#14 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"jl9233 said:
If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her."
You forgot Juggernaut."
but Juggernaut has had sex with her?

confused
#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"jl9233 said:
You forgot Juggernaut."
She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall.
#16 Posted by inferiorego (28257 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"jl9233 said:
You forgot Juggernaut."
She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall."
I'm still going to believe it.
Staff
#17 Posted by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

She has if she gets berserk.

#18 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
Overkill said:
"No, cuz that wouldn't be attractive.

Hot? Hell no!
"
EW
#19 Posted by superzboy (25 posts) - - Show Bio

yes they get big bigger than most male body biulders

#20 Edited by DEADPOOL (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

I like toned, athletic women, but I don't find women with bulging muscles to be attractive. Some artists do depict She-Hulk with bulging muscles, and I don't like those versions of her.

Vance Astro
said:

She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall."
I believe you're incorrect. Our She-Hulk never had sex with Juggernaut, but an alternate reality She-Hulk did. See, the ordeal was retconned and it turned out that counterparts from another universe, whom have no powers, sometimes sneak over into our reality where they get the powers of their counterparts and have some fun before going back to their reality.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
DEADPOOL said:
"I like toned, athletic women, but I don't find women with bulging muscles to be attractive. Some artists do depict She-Hulk with bulging muscles, and I don't like those versions of her.

Vance Astro
said:
Our She-Hulk never had sex with Juggernaut, but an alternate reality She-Hulk did. See, the ordeal was retconned and it turned out that counterparts from another universe, whom have no powers, sometimes sneak over into our reality where they get the powers of their counterparts."
I'm pretty sure "that was not canon" already explained this.
#22 Posted by DEADPOOL (2638 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"DEADPOOL said:
"I like toned, athletic women, but I don't find women with bulging muscles to be attractive. Some artists do depict She-Hulk with bulging muscles, and I don't like those versions of her.

Vance Astro
said:
Our She-Hulk never had sex with Juggernaut, but an alternate reality She-Hulk did. See, the ordeal was retconned and it turned out that counterparts from another universe, whom have no powers, sometimes sneak over into our reality where they get the powers of their counterparts."
I'm pretty sure "that was not canon" already explained this."
I edited my previous post with scans while you were posting this. I never read the issue, but if you have then please explain what happened.
#23 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Because that would ruin Marvel's chance at more sex appeal of course.

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

It happened and is canon, it just didn't happen with our universes's she-hulk.

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
Echoes said:
"Because that would ruin Marvel's chance at more sex appeal of course."
I think her berserk form in Disassembled ruined that.
#26 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Echoes said:
"Because that would ruin Marvel's chance at more sex appeal of course."
I think her berserk form in Disassembled ruined that."
lol
#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
DEADPOOL said:
"Vance Astro said:
"DEADPOOL said:

Vance Astro
said:
I'm pretty sure "that was not canon" already explained this."
I edited my previous post with scans while you were posting this. I never read the issue, but if you have then please explain what happened."
Everyone don't who mentioned the Juggernaut thing in the comic..I assume aren't aware that the real She-Hulk didn't have sex with Juggernaut.
#28 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down"
She hasn't slept with everyone and she doesn't try to either.She has turned people down herself..even broke the 4th wall to do so.
#30 Edited by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down"
She hasn't slept with everyone and she doesn't try to either.She has turned people down herself..even broke the 4th wall to do so.
"
okay I was exaggerrating. But I would say she is one of the top 10 most premiscuous heroes of the marvel universe. Off the top of my head I can think of 6 maybe 7 heroes she has banged. And I know she has slept with normal dudes as well. 
nothing wrong with it though. I love She-Hulk
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"
okay I was exaggerrating. But I would say she is one of the top 10 most premiscuous heroes of the marvel universe. Off the top of my head I can think of 6 maybe 7 heroes she has banged. And I know she has slept with normal dudes as well. 
nothing wrong with it though. I love She-Hulk
"
Name them.
#32 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut
Luke Cage
Wyatt Wingfoot
Manwolf
Hawkeye in What If?

Ironman
Hercules

Than there are at least 3 or 4 random guys I recall she has banged. She-Hulk is one of the most promiscuous, well known heroines in marvel. Not saying it is a bad thing, just saying
#33 Edited by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Juggernaut
Luke Cage
Wyatt Wingfoot
Manwolf
Hawkeye in What If?
Ironman
Hercules

Than there are at least 3 or 4 random guys I recall she has banged. She-Hulk is one of the most promiscuous, well known heroines in marvel. Not saying it is a bad thing, just saying
"
Juggernaut has sex with an alternate reality She-Hulk
Luke Cage,Iron Man,Manwolf and Wyatt Wingfoot are right.
What if's are a different universe and Hercules never happened.

There were no random guys.

Also...Iron Man and Cage are the only people she had sex with but wasn't dating.She was married to John Jameson\Manwolf and she was planned on marrying Wyatt.I don't call that promiscuous.
#34 Edited by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

She dated Cage for a very brief period of time. And even though there may not have been scans of her sleeping with Average guys it has been assumed/alluded to in her books. Also I think she also slept with Starfox and The Man-Thing.

#35 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Her Muscle is condensed, causing her to look normal.

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

She's She-Hulk...

#37 Posted by DEADPOOL (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

There's "Fluff" and then there's "Buff." Fluff is big, bulging muscles. And while very strong, they aren't as strong as they look. Then there's Buff, that's strength-building. Buff is smaller than fluff, but is denser and stronger than Fluff.

#38 Posted by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Because most female characters are intended to entice male viewers.

This is repulsive.

#39 Posted by Nibiru (681 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because she's a woman in a comic...

#40 Posted by Dane (10649 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
Totally absurd, Wolverine has had sex with everyone in MU. Everyone.
#41 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

kind of confused by the OP's question...you've seen She-Hulk right?

#42 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

She Hulk's emotional factor that triggers her transformation is fear, as opposed to Bruce's factor which is anger.  As a result, Shulkie normally reaches a cap.  Once she's strong enough, her self-confidence takes over and she no longer feels fear.  There have been occasions where she's passed that cap, namely the Red Mist and Disassembled storylines.

#43 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

not to mention her body contains estrogen, which likely levels out her form, and maybe increases with transformation

#44 Posted by DEADPOOL (2638 posts) - - Show Bio
CATMANEXE said:
"not to mention her body contains estrogen, which likely levels out her form, and maybe increases with transformation"
Good point.
#45 Posted by ComicCrazy (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

i think she should still have bulging muscles i know it doesnt look attractive at all but she hulk is not supposed to look attractive i mean its not like hulk is really handsome.

#46 Posted by X-23/Elixir (32 posts) - - Show Bio

...she gets HUGE when she's pissed and is trying.

#47 Posted by AgentOrange (306 posts) - - Show Bio
@jl9233:  Well when she was fighting the Champion of the Universe who had the soul storm of power she had to switch off her She hulk'ness and go back to Jennifer Walters and get her skinny pink but into the gym to buff up. By doing so and then changing back to the Green flirt Machine she had massive muscles.
Basically She hulk is just more of what Jennifer Walters has already got in the Bod department.
#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

2 pages is too much for this question.It's common sense.

#49 Posted by Evan Snow-Wolf (20 posts) - - Show Bio

All of these scientific answers are complete B.S. There is no scientific reason She Hulk has no muscle. None. Zero. 

She Hulk has no muscle because Marvel doesn't MAKE muscular women. Period. No matter how much Strength the female is supposed to have, they will never draw them REGULARLY with larger than 14" biceps and maybe some abs. Make yourself a list of Superstrength females. Now do a muscle check. EXACTLY.  

There is ONE exception. And that is Titania, a bad guy. Good guy females do not get muscle. There is a sexist attitude that muscles are a man only trait. I stand by my long time belief that if you were to take a picture of She Hulk that was not wearing a uniform, copy it and save it as a Black and White image, no one would ever be able to tell you which Marvel character you were showing them. Its a lazy tactic where any picture of Jennifer GREEN is She-Hulk. 

Characters like Bishop and Cyclops are drawn with more more muscle, despite having no special strength powers, then female characters listed as capable of lifting double digits in terms of tonnage. Its sexist, pure and simple to sell comics. And I really don't think its too much to ask for 5 - 10 females to be drawn accurately with upper limit bodybuilder style muscles when the other 3,000 Marvel women are drawn like they came out of MAXIM magazine.
#50 Posted by Taima Cha'Tima (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Female anotomy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.