who would best play a live action she-hulk

  • 95 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

your guess is as good as mine

#2 Posted by BullyBoy5000 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Chyna from wwf if she were'nt so cracked out.

#3 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

its going to sound weird but Liz Vassey, who played Captain Liberty in the live action
Tick series. She plays the attitude just right, seriousness, and comedy in one shot.
She'd have to work out, but she's done it before for modeling shoots.

#4 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@BullyBoy5000 said:

"Maybe Chyna from wwf if she were'nt so cracked out. "


God please no. 
 
Jessica Biel might be good. Looks and a bit of muscle, you would need CG for the full effect though. 
 

 
#5 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"
"
i was young, i needed the money.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @BullyBoy5000 said:

"Maybe Chyna from wwf if she were'nt so cracked out. "


God please no. 
 
Jessica Biel might be good. Looks and a bit of muscle, you would need CG for the full effect though. 
 

"
She's only buff as She-Hulk.Jen Walters is just in shape.
Moderator
#8 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
True, but you can have one or the other. You either get a small actress for Jen and then CG She hulk a lot or get a tall buff actress for jen that you can down play and then add CG for she hulk. 
 
If we are going for two seperate acctresses I vote Rachel leigh cook for Jen and Jessica for She hulk.
#9 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
"
"
i was young, i needed the money. "
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure @.@
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @Vance Astro: True, but you can have one or the other. You either get a small actress for Jen and then CG She hulk a lot or get a tall buff actress for jen that you can down play and then add CG for she hulk.  If we are going for two seperate acctresses I vote Rachel leigh cook for Jen and Jessica for She hulk. "
If you get a buff actress for Jen that wouldn't make any sense because she's not buff.To turn her into She-Hulk she doesn't have to be half way there.You're going to have to CG her regardless,she's a 700lb, 11ft tall monster.Rachel Leigh Cook is a complete failure she looks nothing like Jen Walters should.I would accept Jessica Biel look wise but she can't really act.
Moderator
#11 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
Fair enough. 
 
Name an actress that looks like Jen that can act :P
#12 Posted by greenenvy (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Chyna from wwe  no doubt because she had  almost  has her looks and personality exactly. Plus the black long hair and muscles and for a bodybuilder she still had complete sex appea. Not so many women like that have that combined.
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @Vance Astro: Fair enough.  Name an actress that looks like Jen that can act :P "

 Natalie Portman
Moderator
#14 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
HAHAHAHAHA, oh my sides, HAHAHAHAHHA, must ... remember .... to ..... breath, HAHAHAHAHA Ha ha ha , whoo .... Thanks man, I needed a good laugh. 
 
On a more serious note how about: 
 

 
#15 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Griffin_2099: What? I agree with Vance that she can act. But she might be a little too petite for Jen.
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @Vance Astro:
HAHAHAHAHA, oh my sides, HAHAHAHAHHA, must ... remember .... to ..... breath, HAHAHAHAHA Ha ha ha , whoo .... Thanks man, I needed a good laugh. 
 
On a more serious note how about: 
 

"
1.How is what I said funny? 
2.Jennifer Walters is a Brunette....
Moderator
#17 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

The Chick who played Xena
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@greenenvy said:
" Chyna from wwe  no doubt because she had  almost  has her looks and personality exactly. Plus the black long hair and muscles and for a bodybuilder she still had complete sex appea. Not so many women like that have that combined. "
This is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.She doesn't LOOK anything like Jen not even She-Hulk form.Chyna is ugly as hell. 
Second of all,their personailities are nothing alot.Chyna is an idiot wrestler and Jen is a down to earth,borderline genius... 
There is nothing sexy about Chyna.I didn't even know she wasn't a man until she posed for Playboy.
Moderator
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" The Chick who played Xena "
She's damn near 50...No!
Moderator
#20 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
1. I hold a difference of opinion as to her acting ability. If you think she can act then that's great personally I don't think I have seen a believable performance yet.. 
2. And? so is jenifer Conelly, and even if she were'nt there is always dye.
#21 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Caligula said:
" The Chick who played Xena "
She's damn near 50...No! "

lol yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. but I liked her on the show. and it just came to mind that in her good years she would have made the best choice.
#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Caligula said:
" The Chick who played Xena "
She's damn near 50...No! "
lol yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. but I liked her on the show. and it just came to mind that in her good years she would have made the best choice. "
Lucy Lawless is hot but she's just too old.I loved her in Xena.Wished she would be Wonder Woman some day but it's too late. 
 
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @Vance Astro: 1. I hold a difference of opinion as to her acting ability. If you think she can act then that's great personally I don't think I have seen a believable performance yet.. 2. And? so is jenifer Conelly, and even if she were'nt there is always dye. "
1.In comparison to Jessica Biel,Portman is the best actress alive. 
2.No she's not.
Moderator
#23 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @Vance Astro: 1. I hold a difference of opinion as to her acting ability. If you think she can act then that's great personally I don't think I have seen a believable performance yet.. 2. And? so is jenifer Conelly, and even if she were'nt there is always dye. "
1.In comparison to Jessica Biel,Portman is the best actress alive. 2.No she's not. "
1. Fair enough. Not arguing, I think they are both fairly bad. 
2. What are you talking about? I think you mean Brown rather than Brunette (whick covers most of the darker hair colours) and still I come back to "hair dye"
#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @Vance Astro: 1. I hold a difference of opinion as to her acting ability. If you think she can act then that's great personally I don't think I have seen a believable performance yet.. 2. And? so is jenifer Conelly, and even if she were'nt there is always dye. "
1.In comparison to Jessica Biel,Portman is the best actress alive. 2.No she's not. "
1. Fair enough. Not arguing, I think they are both fairly bad. 2. What are you talking about? I think you mean Brown rather than Brunette (whick covers most of the darker hair colours) and still I come back to "hair dye" "
Brunette is brown...In fact the word means "little brown haired girl" 
Jennifer Connelly has had black hair for quite some time although her natural color is actually Brunette.(Dark Brown).
Moderator
#25 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
I think I lost what you are saying somewhere. Are you saying that anyone that plays Jen must be Brunette (and therefore by your own logic if Connely goes back to her old hair colour she fits the bill) or something else entirely? 
 
Entymology is fine but hair colour is usually broken into: Blonde, Redhead and Brunette (and bald but that's another thing again :P) common usage would put Black and Brown hair colours into the Brunette catagory.
#26 Edited by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Griffin_2099 said:

" @Vance Astro: I think I lost what you are saying somewhere. Are you saying that anyone that plays Jen must be Brunette (and therefore by your own logic if Connely goes back to her old hair colour she fits the bill) or something else entirely?  Entymology is fine but hair colour is usually broken into: Blonde, Redhead and Brunette (and bald but that's another thing again :P) common usage would put Black and Brown hair colours into the Brunette catagory. "

I never said someone who plays Jen has to be a brunette.Natalie Portman is though.She has Jen's almost exact shade. 
Jennifer Connelly is a good actress but I think Portman would do a better job judging by the roles they have both played.I couldn't see Connelly capturing Jen's playful nature very well. 
I know what Brunette is...black doesn't fit.Only the darkest shade of Brown.
Moderator
#27 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
1. Fair enough. Gonna leave that at a difference of opinion. 
2. Cool. Not gonna argue that with you, you want to be exact that's on you myself I don't think it's that necessary to make Black it's own hair colour instead of grouping it with another one.
#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Griffin_2099 said:
" @Vance Astro: Fair enough.  Name an actress that looks like Jen that can act :P "

 Natalie Portman
"
Her :)
Moderator
#29 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Natalies to scrawny
#30 Edited by Night Thrasher (3687 posts) - - Show Bio
 natalie portman  
 jennifer love hewitt
 sara michelle geller
 anne hataway
Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway, Sara Michelle Geller, or jennifer love hewitt
#31 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Think I already said "NO"
#32 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher said:
"
 natalie portman  
 jennifer love hewitt
 sara michelle geller
 anne hataway
Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway, Sara Michelle Geller, or jennifer love hewitt "
1. I honestly can not think of anything where she hasn't seemed forced.
2. Good pick, Hadn't thought of her.
3. Everything outside of Buffy hasn't been that good :P
4. I would be interested to see if she could play She-Hulk as well as Jen but I think she could do it.
#33 Posted by Night Thrasher (3687 posts) - - Show Bio
@Griffin_2099: I actually like Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta
#34 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Griffin_2099: I actually like Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta "
Fair enough, although I had kind of forgotten she was in it :P But I do remember she did an alright job.
#35 Posted by X-DP (27 posts) - - Show Bio

In the late 80 was Brigitte Nielsen, seem they catched the character no?

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @Vance Astro: Think I already said "NO" "
Who cares?
Moderator
#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Vance Astro: Natalies to scrawny "
No such thing.
Moderator
#38 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

 
In my opinion, the best way to do it is to have an actress play the part of Jen Walters, and then CGI her into the She-Hulk, but doing a good job to keep her facial features, and somewhat manipulated voice.  Clothes rip off most everywhere except for the PG convenient places.  Then she wears clothes that can stretch with her if she changes back and forth, or just bigger clothes if she doesn't change back at all.  I think Anne Hathway would be a good pick. Maybe Callista Flockheart or Alyssa Milano?

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Time Keeper said:

Maybe Callista Flockheart

C'mon man.Callista Flockheart isn't going to sell movie tickets.
Moderator
#40 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she'd make a good yuppie in a suit.  CGI would sell the tickets.  But a lot of people said the same thing about Hayden Christiansen playing Anakin.
#41 Posted by JackieEstacado (132 posts) - - Show Bio

that chic who played uhura in jj abrams star trek

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@JackieEstacado said:
"

that chic who played uhura in jj abrams star trek

"
She-Hulk is White...Zoe Saladana is Black\Dominican...how does that work?
Moderator
#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Time Keeper said:
" I think she'd make a good yuppie in a suit.  CGI would sell the tickets.  But a lot of people said the same thing about Hayden Christiansen playing Anakin. "
I don't think there is a real comparison between a washed up,bony,unattractive,actress in comparison to Hayden Christiansen. 
The odds are likely that Paris Hilton would get the part before Callista.She's a nobody at this point.
Moderator
#44 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually really like the direction your going with this Vance. the lot of us are trying
to picture who would play "She-Hulk", when i fact the question would be who would
play "Jen Walters", the repressed, shy girl (in the start) with a good figure, but not the 
proto-typical super model, whereas the She-Hulk part would be a CGI of the Jen actress, 
not unlike the Hulk movies.

#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" i actually really like the direction your going with this Vance. the lot of us are trying to picture who would play "She-Hulk", when i fact the question would be who would play "Jen Walters", the repressed, shy girl (in the start) with a good figure, but not the  proto-typical super model, whereas the She-Hulk part would be a CGI of the Jen actress,  not unlike the Hulk movies. "
Yea, I don't know why anyone would think..... 
 
1.You can just CGI any random chick and she'll look good as She-Hulk from the comics. 
2.You would pick someone who is already muscular. 
 
Alot of these pics are at random.Jen Walters is a brunette with a good sense of humor and she's in her mid 30's. 
Even my pick for Natalie Portman is off but the rest of these are terrible at best.Callista Flockhart..c'mon! She's 45 and she's ugly as sin.
Whoever plays her,they should go for someone who isn't very popular or well known who fits the look and the personality.No good actress that I think of off the top of my head fits.At all.
Moderator
#46 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro
 
Wow.  You sure seem to know everything there is to know about making movies.  I guess if only Hollywood producers listened to you, this would be a perfect world!  Sounds like everyone would think of this as the perfect movie if only they did everything exactly the way you want it done!!!  Have you ever heard of personal trainers?  They can tone Callista Flockheart up, but Jen Walters isn't buff herself.  She-Hulk is.  Before Star Wars II, who knew anything about Hayden?  Very few people. And by the way, this is an OPINIONATED question!!!!   Stop being a stupid fanboy saying stupid stuff.... 
 

Even my pick for Natalie Portman is off but the rest of these are terrible at best.



Natalie Portman? SERIOUSLY?!?!

Whoever plays her,they should go for someone who isn't very popular or well known who fits the look and the personality.

Nice.


 

#47 Posted by Night Thrasher (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

I still say sara michelle geller or jennifer love hewitt would be best.

#48 Posted by StrangerXL (211 posts) - - Show Bio

   
My takes for Jennifer Walters and She-Hulk : 
 
Anna Belknap = Jennifer Walters. 
 

 

The actual feminine and attractive version of Jonie "Chyna" Laurer if she has any acting skills: Khole Kardashian = She-Hulk. 
 
 

 
#49 Posted by JackieEstacado (132 posts) - - Show Bio

actually she hulk is green not white but just to make you happy mr astro how about we have SIENNA MILLER play her
#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Time Keeper said:
"

@Vance Astro
 
Wow.  You sure seem to know everything there is to know about making movies.  I guess if only Hollywood producers listened to you, this would be a perfect world!  Sounds like everyone would think of this as the perfect movie if only they did everything exactly the way you want it done!!!  Have you ever heard of personal trainers?  They can tone Callista Flockheart up, but Jen Walters isn't buff herself.  She-Hulk is.  Before Star Wars II, who knew anything about Hayden?  Very few people. And by the way, this is an OPINIONATED question!!!!   Stop being a stupid fanboy saying stupid stuff.... 
 

Even my pick for Natalie Portman is off but the rest of these are terrible at best.



Natalie Portman? SERIOUSLY?!?!

Whoever plays her,they should go for someone who isn't very popular or well known who fits the look and the personality.

Nice.



I'm not trying to come off as if I know everything.CATMANEXE agreed with me and I was just reiterating my point.This is based on my personal opinion not fact.I never said that you were wrong.I just disagree with you.Callista Flockheart will never look like Jen Walters.They are in two different age groups.I don't know anyone who even finds Callista attractive.She's damn near 50.You can't tone her up.She's not appealing no matter what you do to her.Jen Walters isn't buff...but I don't know why you are telling ME this.I'm pretty sure I've said that in my posts at least once. 
 
My last post wasn't even directed at you..so I don't know why you are getting all hostile calling me a fanboy.Maybe grow up a little.
Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.