she hulk 4th wall

#1 Posted by punchline (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I know at one time she hulk had the ability to break the fourth wall. knowing (or often hinting to) the fact that she was a comic book character. does she still have this ability and what other comic book characters possess this "power"

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, she doesn't have that ability anymore. It was addressed in She-Hulk volume 3 I think it was. When she was working in the superhuman law division of that law firm. Though Deadpool has occasionally had the power to break the 4th wall as well.
#3 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think she does.....
#4 Posted by SC (12721 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki can too. I think Shulkie can break it now and then too. 

#5 Posted by punchline (53 posts) - - Show Bio

i think breaking the fourth wall is the coolest power in comics.

#6 Posted by Deadknight (611 posts) - - Show Bio

I too feel that the Fourth Wall is one of the most fun concepts out there.    
If you go to the Fourth Wall concept page you'll get a list of several characters that have either broken the wall before or still do. It also makes mention of an interesting concept known as the Fifth Wall.  

#7 Posted by JamesWest007 (326 posts) - - Show Bio

I have always enjoyed She Hulk's hilarity, but Ambush Bug has always done it the best

#8 Posted by AetherMaster (65 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk breaks the fourth wall in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and even says to Deadpool that if the game was made in 1991, she'd be the one doing all of the fourth wall-breaking.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" Nope, she doesn't have that ability anymore. It was addressed in She-Hulk volume 3 I think it was. When she was working in the superhuman law division of that law firm.
That was She-Hulk vol.2.
#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@punchline said:
" i think breaking the fourth wall is the coolest power in comics. "
$#%! yeah it is
#11 Posted by Cats (666 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember shulkie breaking it in "She HULK Cosmic Collision". In 08.

#12 Posted by RightScar (313 posts) - - Show Bio

She Hulk can still break the 4th wall.It depends on the writer.
#13 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess she could still break the fourth wall if it suited the writer.  For that matter, I guess any character can.
#14 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.