Poor She-Hulk

#1 Posted by mikemaximum (795 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her, I really do but she keeps on getting whipped by Rogue. I would love to see She-Hulk drop Rogue just once!

#2 Posted by In_the_zone (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is she getting jobbing to rogue?

#3 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@In_the_zone: Didn't it happen sometime during X-Men V.S. Avengers?

#4 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Well she kinda deserved it.

#5 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation said:

@In_the_zone: Didn't it happen sometime during X-Men V.S. Avengers?

Yep

#6 Posted by mikemaximum (795 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue also got her a few more times before that.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/RogueX18/Rogue%252520Absorptions/UncannyX-MenAnnual07She-Hulk.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/102131-74001-rogue_super.jpg

#7 Posted by abeyance (239 posts) - - Show Bio

You would think having Hulk's DNA in her would count for something. She Hulk is turning into a joke character. They just don't know what to do with her.

#8 Posted by ECHOENDLESS (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I am...obviously, a great lover of she hulk! Hulks in general are pretty tough to deal with, theyre story lines kinda just peter out after a while. Its a tough balance between femininity and brute force, and I think a lot of writers fumble with her personality, especially when she appears in cameo. For goodness sake, she got killed in 1 page by her alter ego! She seems a bit lost as of late, I do hope someone will redeem her!!! Until then I'll keep up the love!

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

She Hulk is one of my favorite characters, but I was just happy to see her. I was shocked she was in AVX at all with the way Marvel has treated her and while I'm pretty p!ssed about Betty getting a solo at least Jen will be on a team.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@abeyance said:

You would think having Hulk's DNA in her would count for something. She Hulk is turning into a joke character. They just don't know what to do with her.

She kind of been a joke character since Sensational She-Hulk. Losing to Rogue is just a low showing the whole event is full of nonsensical fight outcomes.
Moderator
#11 Posted by abeyance (239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: It doesn't help when she's known for sleeping around alot. That makes it hard for any male writer and some female writers to give her a vital storlyline. Everyone wants to play around with her backstory of being flirtatious and I haven't seen her 4th wall ability for some time. I smell a death arc coming for her to make Hulk rage again.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@abeyance said:

@Vance Astro: It doesn't help when she's known for sleeping around alot. That makes it hard for any male writer and some female writers to give her a vital storlyline. Everyone wants to play around with her backstory of being flirtatious and I haven't seen her 4th wall ability for some time. I smell a death arc coming for her to make Hulk rage again.

I'm fine with her being promiscuous and even with her book being humorous but I feel that she needs a bigger roles. She needs to be an active Avenger or something.
Moderator
#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Shulkie losing to Rogue... I call Bulls***.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (85043 posts) - - Show Bio

@Video_Martian said:

Shulkie losing to Rogue... I call Bulls***.

This.

#15 Edited by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Video_Martian said:

Shulkie losing to Rogue... I call Bulls***.

I can see her losing to Rogue and vice versa.

#16 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

And also that whole thing with her being flirtatious is treated like a bad thing... Tony Stark and Batman are always sleeping around and you never hear anyone complain about them...

#17 Edited by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@Video_Martian said:

And also that whole thing with her being flirtatious is treated like a bad thing... Tony Stark and Batman are always sleeping around and you never hear anyone complain about them...

THIS! She-hulk doesn't have to change!!!

#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltraBiel: I agree!!! ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.