New She-Hulk Series Due in February

• 105 results
Posted by G-Man (30620 posts) - - Show Bio

We've expressed our concern over the lack of female-driven titles at Marvel. We also expressed our fondness for Jeff Parker's RED SHE-HULK series that unfortunately ended. Now it's time for the original She-Hulk to return to the spotlight.

Rather than wait until New York Comic Con with the announcement, Marvel has revealed, via USA Today, that SHE-HULK will be released in February, written by Charles Soule with art by Javier Pulido.

Given the fact that Soule and She-Hulk are both lawyers, you can expect that to come into the series.

"One of the things I want to explore is the fact that she wants to be exceptional at everything she does, but that's not always possible. You can spread yourself too thin," Soule says. "She'll be out on her own, without much of a support group at first, a total underdog trying to make good. I love stories like that — Jen's going to be very easy to root for."

It's intended for shorter story arcs, one to three issues each. There is also a plan to have a "strong element of fun."

You can read more over at USA Today.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1478 posts) - - Show Bio

Soule is beasting it right now. Hope this goes well might check it out.

#2 Posted by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see this lasting too long. Even though I'm not that big of a fan I hope I get surprised especially because I so much rather have her then Shulk.

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (38545 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted a Black Panther series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Flips table*

#4 Posted by SC (12691 posts) - - Show Bio

Awwh yea. So excited! I really miss Shulkie. Am behind on FF4.

#5 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (302 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW! Soule went from being an indie writer to writing half of mainstream comics. I'm so happy he's getting all this recognition.

I'll gladly check out the first issue.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17260 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome. excited for this.

#7 Edited by The Stegman (23031 posts) - - Show Bio

Bout time. How Red She Hulk got one before Green is beyond me.

#8 Edited by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

I always found Black Panther at a disadvantage. IMO any series involving him should take place in Wakanda buuut series like that which take place outside of America with a few exceptions work against theml.

#9 Edited by Perfect 10 (968 posts) - - Show Bio

not liking the art but love she-hulk so will check it out

#10 Posted by ShadowX (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG YES!

#11 Posted by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio

Bout time. How Red She Hulk got one before Green is beyond me.

She Hulk has had a few series before Shulk. Just not in a while.

#12 Posted by Lykida (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read anything by Charles Soule, but I LOVE my Shulkie :-) . Since she's not gonna be on the great "Fearless Defenders" (so many other awesome, not so famous females), it's great that she gets her own book again. So I'm really excited about this!

#13 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#15 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

Very happy to see this. Had fun with the past she hulk series!

#16 Edited by Saren (25273 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic news, I loved the previous two volumes.

#17 Posted by kriminal (642 posts) - - Show Bio

sigh. ill buy issue one, but would rather have a spider woman series

#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

I might try this out. Rulk and shulk are the only cool hulks

#19 Posted by danhimself (22276 posts) - - Show Bio

I was kind of hoping that this was the secret project that Slott was working on

#20 Edited by Lvenger (18256 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see Marvel are diversifying their series up more.

#21 Posted by BR_Havoc (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

If its going to have the same humor as Slott's series then count me in!

#22 Edited by noj (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Great another title that will be cancelled by issue 20. Might as well not even put it out. Its only going to end up disappointing its fans when its cancelled early and not make any impact on the rest of us.

#23 Posted by BR_Havoc (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj: Would rather read a 20 issue series that is great every issue (Like Dial H) than suffer threw 200 issues of a mediocre on going series.

#24 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah !!!

#25 Edited by CommanderShiro (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Consider me intrigued by this

#26 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

I think She-Hulk is definitely deserving of her own title. I read and enjoyed all of the previous titles and don't really understand why the last ongoing was cancelled. It was a great book. I cannot wait for this to come out. I love Jennifer. I liked the Red She-Hulk book but Jennifer is She-Hulk to me.

#27 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Final Fantasy 4?

I wonder if she will be like the marvel version of Phoenix Wright, or Harvey Birdman Attorney at law.

*Smashes table and points to the stand* OBJECTION!

#28 Edited by dondave (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic news, I loved the previous two volumes.

#29 Posted by movieartman (989 posts) - - Show Bio

New Avengers is pretty much EXACTLY that

#30 Edited by movieartman (989 posts) - - Show Bio

I SWEAR TO GOD!

seriously they better have a damn good reason for not putting Valerio Schiti on this title, he is 100% better than pulido, and he already proved himself good at strong female characters with journey into mystery.

like valerio better be on avengers after infinity for this!

#31 Posted by Renchamp (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

As a legally interested person, I am excited to see how it comes to play in this series. She Hulk has been a delight in FF.

#32 Edited by wmwadeii (3219 posts) - - Show Bio

1 to 3 issue arcs, SWEET!! While I enjoy longer arcs I prefer them to be cross-overs that way we get more stories and characters presented throughout the years issues. Also from a new reader perspective it makes it easier to pick up the title because you only have to wait 1-2 months rather than 6-12 months (current Captain America & Thor).

#33 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2609 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hell yes!!!!

#34 Posted by comicbookfan93 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL YESSSS!!!! Was just thinking yesterday how much I wanted a She-Hulk series

#35 Posted by BritishMonkey (320 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I might get this...

#36 Posted by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

I love She-Hulk. One of my favorite female characters. Slott's recent run was pretty entertaining as well. Soule is getting crazy busy with comics. He's killing it on DC books he's doing so I have faith he can make this work too.

#37 Posted by jrjoanes (7 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by yo_yo_fun (641 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet! :D

#39 Posted by comic_shaun (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Waited four years for another She Hulk series, hope this is well worth the wait.Its coming out on my birthday month too , so I'll take this as a good omen.

#40 Edited by NukeA6 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk not having an ongoing this long is blasphemy. Nice to see that Marvel has been redeeming itself ever since the start of Marvel NOW (besides movies but they been doing great with that since Spider-Man).

#41 Posted by EvilPenguin543 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk's always been a character I was interested in, but never enough that I wanted a series for her.

#42 Posted by SimonM7 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Pulido. :( :( :( :(

I had to almost physically drag myself through the Hawkeye annual.

#43 Edited by nappystr8 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Pudilo seems like an odd fit for a She Hulk book, but nonetheless, this is great news. Marvel is making too many good decisions lately, it's hurting my wallet.

Also, did not realize that Soule was a lawyer. Marjorie Lui is also a lawyer right? It's weird that these two fields would have any crossover whatsoever. I can see his law background bringing something to this series that even the best She Hulk runs have never had before.

#44 Posted by Joygirl (18476 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hey, a She-Hul-- oh, it's Soule? Nevermind.

#45 Edited by Novemberx2 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good but you know its gonna be a 12 issue thing/1 year thing, marvel will cancel it as part of "Another forgettable attempt to draw in New Readers NOW!" in 2014

#46 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

This is good. She-Hulk is one of the few Marvel heroines that's actually cool. As long as they don't get Juan Bobillo to do any artwork. His stuff is offal and I'm using the correct spelling in this case!

#47 Posted by cameron83 (6634 posts) - - Show Bio

@trodorne said:

@sc said:

Final Fantasy 4?

I wonder if she will be like the marvel version of Phoenix Wright, or Harvey Birdman Attorney at law.

*Smashes table and points to the stand* OBJECTION!

LMAO I DIED READING THIS!

OVERRULED

Also,it's great that she's getting her own series!

#48 Posted by frozenedge (1147 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time. I did miss seeing She-Hulk since i haven't been reading F4 at all

#49 Posted by Akindoodle (973 posts) - - Show Bio

I SWEAR TO GOD!

seriously they better have a damn good reason for not putting Valerio Schiti on this title, he is 100% better than pulido, and he already proved himself good at strong female characters with journey into mystery.

like valerio better be on avengers after infinity for this!

*GASP!!!* That's a BRILLIANT idea. Nothing against Soule or Pulido but Schiti and Immonen should be on this - to replace JiM (I'm gonna miss that so much). They're so good together! And of course, don't forget Jordie Bellaire. Those two are greatly talented and currently bookless and that's a shame. Unless Marvel's got some other amazing female lead book in store for them. Wherever they go, I'm in. Actually, what character would you like to see them work on?

#50 Posted by ColonelRunAway (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the Stegman variant:

...I got nothin' to add to that. Spreading Stegman is it's own reward.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.