Why isn't this guy in X-Force?

#1 Posted by Night Thrasher (3605 posts) - - Show Bio

The new X-Force is supposed to be a highly covert espionage/ execution squad team of the X-Men, the members are supposed to be the best combatants and willing to kill. Now ask yourself who would fit this description better Shatterstar or Angel?

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
Night Thrasher said:
"The new X-Force is supposed to be a highly covert espionage/ execution squad team of the X-Men, the members are supposed to be the best combatants and willing to kill. Now ask yourself who would fit this description better Shatterstar or Angel?
"

Shatterstar's lame.
#3 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Night Thrasher said:
"The new X-Force is supposed to be a highly covert espionage/ execution squad team of the X-Men, the members are supposed to be the best combatants and willing to kill. Now ask yourself who would fit this description better Shatterstar or Angel?
"

Shatterstar's lame."
Really? I always though he was cool XD

#4 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
G'bandit said:
"John Valentine said:
"Night Thrasher said:
"

Shatterstar's lame."

"
no one even knows who he is. Dudes a D list character
#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I know who he is! he's a mod on ComicVine!

#6 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"G'bandit said:
"John Valentine said:
"Night Thrasher said:
"

Shatterstar's lame."

"
no one even knows who he is. Dudes a D list character"

I know who he is, I've just never liked him.
#7 Posted by time (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

shatterstar is cool loved him in cable's x-force

#8 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

He used to be cool. Then they did that crap job of an origin story for him and I lost interest. Under the right writer, he could be good. I just don't think anyone would give a damn to do him justice.

#9 Posted by time (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

i think thats goes for  lot characters, writers don't seem care enough them. it would be good to see shatterstar in current x-force all in black. old x-force were cool.

#10 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude was a genius, they screwed that up. He had that cool thing were he was suppose to be Longshot and Dazzler's kid from the future. they 86ed that idea. He had that weird relationship with Rictor(you of my favs), They dropped that without mentioning what happened. Shatty-buns had something once. He don't got it no more. They did too much, and did a piss poor job of it. Unless they give him a fresh new outlook, or actually make him the bad a$$ he was intended to be. They should leave him alone and work with characters they know how to write. 

#11 Edited by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

Its probably cuz he is not a mutant  (its says he was genetically altered) and the X-Force book is dealing a lot with mutant extinction and what not

#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

whatever happened to shatterstar anyway?

#13 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a mutant. Or at least he inhabits the body of one.

#14 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Shatterstar's lame."
Well said.
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

According to popular opinion around here, every character is lame.  Jean, Wolverine, Gambit, every character who is considered popular by the mass media is not popular on CV.

I like old X-Force.  I like new X-Force.  Shatterstar has the same personality as X-23, the same desire to cut up his enemies as Wolverine, and was last seen with Domino in the Civil War X-Men mini.  He would fit in the new team.  But I'd rather a creative team do something... creative with him.  Instead of just dumping back into X-Force where he's bouncing around with swords again.

#16 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"According to popular opinion around here, every character is lame.  Jean, Wolverine, Gambit, every character who is considered popular by the mass media is not popular on CV.

I like old X-Force.  I like new X-Force.  Shatterstar has the same personality as X-23, the same desire to cut up his enemies as Wolverine, and was last seen with Domino in the Civil War X-Men mini.  He would fit in the new team.  But I'd rather a creative team do something... creative with him.  Instead of just dumping back into X-Force where he's bouncing around with swords again."
Wolverine is popular, so is Gambit.

#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Wolverine is popular, so is Gambit. "
My point is that on all the most hated threads, their names crop up A LOT.  Every character who you would assume are popular have just as many people who hate them.

Therefore when people say 'Shatterstar is lame', they're just voicing their own opinion as if it popular opinion.  It isn't.  There are just as many people who like Shatterstar as there are those who think he's lame.
#18 Edited by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that was all pointless.  See, I know all that, and I know who Shatterstar is (the character who this thread is about) so all of your pointless ramblin was just spam.

This thread is about Shatterstar and X-Force.  If you can't keep it on topic, then keep it to yourself.

I repeat my original point which was: I agree with Night Thrasher.  Shatterstar would be a good addition to the team.  He would fit in well with the violent & anti-social members they have at the moment.  But personally I would prefer to see him in something where he would do more than just bounce around and cut people up with his swords.

#19 Posted by Zadann MaRanna (87 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Wolverine is popular, so is Gambit. "
My point is that on all the most hated threads, their names crop up A LOT.  Every character who you would assume are popular have just as many people who hate them.

Therefore when people say 'Shatterstar is lame', they're just voicing their own opinion as if it popular opinion.  It isn't.  There are just as many people who like Shatterstar as there are those who think he's lame.
"

Agreed.....

xerox-kitty said:

"Well, that was all pointless.  See, I know all that, and I know who Shatterstar is (the character who this thread is about) so all of your pointless ramblin was just spam.

This thread is about Shatterstar and X-Force.  If you can't keep it on topic, then keep it to yourself.

I repeat my original point which was: I agree with Night Thrasher.  Shatterstar would be a good addition to the team.  He would fit in well with the violent & anti-social members they have at the moment.  But personally I would prefer to see him in something where he would do more than just bounce around and cut people up with his swords."

Agreed.....

@ Everyone :  I think Shatterstar would fit with X-Force, just maybe with a new color scheme for his costume.

#20 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio

i think he should kill himself from being so cool.

#21 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Well now Shatterstar is in X-Factor with a new look, so at least he is in one of the good X-titles.

#22 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate how he looks. the hair, the muscles, it's all gone ]=

#23 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

You couldn't have possibly made Shatterstar look any worse than he did before unless you let Liefield draw him again.

#24 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Man there is some dislike of him, I personally don't think any character is lame maybe backstory is not all that good and can do for some improvement but even the best characters are lame under the right writers and even the lamest character under the right writer can also be turn into a perfect example of good character. 

#25 Posted by TheHangman (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this topic is kind of old but I just got to post some facts some of you guys are missing about Shatterstar I own one of the first X-force comics and it has a bio for Shatteerstar and says he was from a different dimension that was in the middle of a large war he decided to travel to a different dimension to seek the help of the X-men instead he found Cable and the X-force his teleporter was damaged during his warp so he stuck in the current dismension he is in it also mentions his DNA was specially disigned for arena fights.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.