Follow

Shatterstar

Character » Shatterstar appears in 1093 issues.

A refugee from Mojoworld, Shatterstar came to earth and joined forces with Cable's New Mutants which soon transformed into X-Force. Also a key former member of X-Factor Investigations.

Asexuality

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jordama

I remember hearing that Shatterstar was asexual, is there any evidence of this within canon? The fact that he is dating Rictor and was married doesn't mean anything really, because he could still be a biromantic asexual. Just wondering
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

You mean bisexual.  Plants reproduce asexually ;) 

He did state previously that he had no feelings for his 'wife' Windsong, since they'd never met nor had a 'marriage' in the conventional sense.  They were just selected to have their genetic material extracted to create more soldiers/entertainers for Mojo. 

Peter David is just taking the idea that now Shatterstar has tasted entertainment & sexual pleasure, he can't get enough of it.  I can see why he'd write Shatterstar that way, but it's too much like Captain Jack Harkness for my liking.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i stand by my original stance. he's greedy. i know the term isnt used technically but it should be.
    greedy people dont really have a sexuality persay, they just like the sex itself and grab whatever they can get their hands on. Hercules is also greedy.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jordama
    @xerox-kitty:
    Actually i did not mean bisexual. I did not state reproduce asexually. People can be asexual, meaning having any sexual feeling toward either sex. They can still have romantic feelings, aka Heteroromantic, homoromantic, or even biromantic.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @jordama: Now you're just arguing over petty details.  After all, asexuals sometimes do have sex.  But that doesn't change the fact that Shatterstar's latest portrayal is the over-sexualised predatory male who (given half a chance) would screw anything that moves....
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By John Valentine

Shatterstar himself claimed that even  though he was fully capable physically, he had never felt any sexual stirrings or romantic love—indicating a form of asexuality - and has long felt "lacking", even in his native dimension )X-Force Volume 1 #42)/

It seems quite clear that this is no longer the case given the kisses he has shared with Rictor and Boom Boom recently (X-Factor Volume 3 #45 and Nation X- X-Factor #1).

Afghan Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Afghan Ant
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " i stand by my original stance. he's greedy. i know the term isnt used technically but it should be. greedy people dont really have a sexuality persay, they just like the sex itself and grab whatever they can get their hands on. Hercules is also greedy. "
    Greedy? How is being sexually attracted to boys and girls greedy? Do you believe that someone who is bisexual should just choose one and stick with it?  

Also HI! Are you still skinning? :)
    Afghan Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Afghan Ant
    @jordama said:
    " @xerox-kitty: Actually i did not mean bisexual. I did not state reproduce asexually. People can be asexual, meaning having any sexual feeling toward either sex. They can still have romantic feelings, aka Heteroromantic, homoromantic, or even biromantic. "
    Actually being asexual means they "AREN'T" sexually attracted to either and in which case they would only have platonic feelings for men and women - not romantic love. Also biromantic is not a word.  

Wikipedia and Google are your friend - Asexuality 

But to answer your questions, the only person who has stated that Shatterstar was exclusively asexual was Rob Liefeld after Peter David outed Shatty.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngelFrost
    @CATMANEXE said:

" i stand by my original stance. he's greedy. i know the term isnt used technically but it should be. greedy people dont really have a sexuality persay, they just like the sex itself and grab whatever they can get their hands on. Hercules is also greedy. "

Are you serious? How is it greedy?  - If someone wants to keep their options open in life, open all doors as possible, then it's their business. Your confusing Bisexuality with promiscuity. Just because someone is Bisexual, does not mean they 'sleep around'. I have several gay, lesbian, bisexual and even asexual friends, none of them use any of that as an excuse to 'grab whatever they can get their hands on'.
    Afghan Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Afghan Ant
    @John Valentine said:
    " Shatterstar himself claimed that even  though he was fully capable physically, he had never felt any sexual stirrings or romantic love—indicating a form of asexuality - and has long felt "lacking", even in his native dimension )X-Force Volume 1 #42)/It seems quite clear that this is no longer the case given the kisses he has shared with Rictor and Boom Boom recently (X-Factor Volume 3 #45 and Nation X- X-Factor #1). "
    Kissing someone does not mean you are sexually attracted to them.  

Furthermore, the kisses with both Rictor and Boom Boom are looking more and more like experiments for Shatterstar. My guess, he's finally got to the point where sexual feelings are awakening and he doesn't have a set preference for anyone person, no matter if they are  male or female. He's very similar to Longshot in the 80's. Dazzler believed the two was mutually exclusive but he would often kiss or flirt with Rogue because there was attraction there. Also, Shatterstar did grow up with the values most Western cultures grow up with - he's an alien just like Longshot and while Longshot was naive socially it looks like Shatterstar is naive sexually. I ultimately hope he chooses Rictor - even though Rictor is obviously bisexual (he's had sex with at least Rahne and I assume others), he'd understand Shatterstar sexual desires more than say Boom Boom who is exclusive to the disco stick.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Afghan Ant:@AngelFrost: 
    i dont think either of you got what i said.
    id clarify but it was already as clear as it could be. 
    the rest of what both of you asked i cant answer because i
    never implied any of that to begin with. your own minds did,
    no offense.

@Afghan Ant:
    notta. seems there wasnt anyone really using them anymore.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AngelFrost
    @CATMANEXE:  I really do not believe we are misinterpreting anything to be honest.
     This is what you said, right?  - it seems pretty clear.

greedy people dont really have a sexuality persay, they just like the sex itself and grab whatever they can get their hands on.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelFrost: 
    nope i said: 

@CATMANEXE said:

from my end, when i read what both of you got out of it, which was different by the way my response
    was " wha? how did they get all that from that " .
    outside that, no, i do not have a single bias against any LGBT persons.
    also to tired for a flamewar over semantics , sorry.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Vortex13
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @CATMANEXE:  I really do not believe we are misinterpreting anything to be honest.
     This is what you said, right?  - it seems pretty clear.

greedy people dont really have a sexuality persay, they just like the sex itself and grab whatever they can get their hands on.

"
    I'm pretty sure what he meant was not about bisexuals. It was more about people who will and want to have sex with as many people as posible which isn't unique to bisexuality or any sexuality at all. Greedy isn't the word I would have used to describe it but it does actually fit.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AngelFrost
    @CATMANEXE:  Which is what I posted. O_o  well, the relevant parts anyway. As someone who has LGBT friends, and has experienced attractions to men and women, I guess I'm protective over them.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Vortex13 said:

I'm pretty sure what he meant was not about bisexuals. It was more about people who will and want to have sex with as many people as posible which isn't unique to bisexuality or any sexuality at all. Greedy isn't the word I would have used to describe it but it does actually fit. "

Then he should have made it clearer. To call a bisexual person 'greedy', is just wrong. Plain and Simple. Anyway, lets move on.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vortex13

Fun fact, I reproduce asexually. It's true, I simply think which sex I want for a kid and they appear magically. The only problem being the age to adulthood in ten minutes and die soon after. It's problematic I intend to fix this problem, after all I do need my own privet army of loyal brainless followers/worshipers to conquer the world and then blow it up.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vortex13: 
    thats about it, but it wasnt defining with people either. just having sex to have the sex.
    unliving objects are just as inclusive to that deal. hence why Herc was included.

@AngelFrost:
    i didnt call bisexual people greedy. bisexual people are bisexual. sorry i didnt define it, but i hate writing an essay for everything i say on this site. especially since when people see what they want to they will anyways. theres no law that says im supposed to. i preffer not to offend people generally, but there has been two out of four persons online offended by every single post i have made on the average, regardless of what i have said or what it was about. being offended is a choice. also, and again, i have LGBT friends, and relatives too, no offense, but LGBT persons do not people to defend them. they can take care of themselves. nor would they want you over reacting about discussion of sexuality. if i had said " fags" or "sinners" or something to that extent then i would see your point.
    on a personal note, i dont really like all the different official sexual classifications anyways.
    to me classification is a method of subjection, much like was done by King james when he published 
    the Daemonologie to classify "witches", which was not particualr to withcraft persay, but to anyone deemed a heretic and who needed to be hunted.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vortex13
    @CATMANEXE: Yeah I figured you didn't mean just people, for once I held restraint from talking about people who like having sex with lobsters. Shocking for me to do so but hey I can surprise people sometimes lol.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vortex13: Bob Grayson has sex with sea anemone's. but its not just about the gratification though, he's actually attracted to them.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vortex13

Ow, they can be poisonous and sting you lol.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AngelFrost
    @CATMANEXE:  I think your going a little overboard here to be honest. And I am not one of those people to just stand on the sidelines when I believe that the LGBT community is being wronged, and I won't apologise for that. 
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vortex13: 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelFrost: 
    I missed this before. then again can you explain a little more. i believe i clarified as you asked enough, and i believe it was yourself that went overboard as i pointed out. (note i just saw your post shortly after editing to clarify even more, since you requested i do that). you want to vilify me or accuse me of a crime i am obviously going to respond, especially in the case that i didnt do nor say what you accused me off, thats only to be expected. believe me i do that enough, like i said earlier. sorry, but i didnt say anything towards any " member of the LGBT " community. im not the only one that pointed that out either.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xerox_kitty

Guys, there are a LOT of confused posts going back & forth where people are saying similar things but still misunderstanding each other.  Try not to get carried away or offended.  At the same time, try not to jump down each other's throats.  

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jordama
    @Afghan Ant said:

Actually being asexual means they "AREN'T" sexually attracted to either and in which case they would only have platonic feelings for men and women - not romantic love. Also biromantic is not a word.  

Wikipedia and Google are your friend - Asexuality  But to answer your questions, the only person who has stated that Shatterstar was exclusively asexual was Rob Liefeld after Peter David outed Shatty. "

If you actually look at the wikipedia page you brought into this, which yes i have read, biromantic is on the list terms, "Biromantic: romantic attraction towards person(s) of either sex.    
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AngelFrost
    @CATMANEXE:  It's a little much to say I'm vilifying or saying your committing a crime.  I didn't like a comment you made, so I was telling you that I didn't agree and my reasons why I didn't, because obviously it came across wrong if I'm not the only one telling you this.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelFrost: 
    last time im saying it. i said i believed he was a type of person other than an LGBT defined type,
    one which i termed as " greedy ". not that bisexuals we"re greedy. it wasnt implied, you jumped the gun and drew that part out of what little i wrote on your own. its that simple. i still do not understand what is hard to get about that 

greedy as opposed to LGBT
    not 
    greedy=LGBT
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AngelFrost
    @CATMANEXE:  I was finding out why you wrote that and what you did imply, while giving my own views on your comment.  That's all I was saying. -_-  fgs.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelFrost: 
    your never any less cool anyways. this whole thing just confused me to no end. lol.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AngelFrost
    @CATMANEXE:   Thanks, I think, lol.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so not in the mood for this, but i might as well before i hear from more people,
    so i dont have to go through all this later, and considering it happened more than once i probably should.

the statement in regards to " what sexuality is the comic book character Shatterstar " i made.

i stand by my original stance. he's greedy. i know the term isnt used technically but it should be.
    greedy people dont really have a sexuality persay, they just like the sex itself and grab whatever they can get their hands on. Hercules is also greedy.

broken down, so there isnt further confusion about what was said by myself, and what was and wasnt implied.

i stand by my original stance. = reference to a time i said this in another thread.

he's greedy. = giving a name to something un-named, as well as stating he is something other than bisexual, LGBT or otherwise.

i know the term isnt used technically but it should be. = see above

greedy people dont really have a sexuality persay, =  <---read that line real carefully, okay?
    ^
    hence, not bisexual, not LGBT, not any form of sexuality whatsoever, but something else entirely

they just like the sex itself and grab whatever they can get their hands on. = hence, they have no form of preference, nor, do the people authentically matter in the equation to them when it comes down to it. Shatterstar for example really didnt seem to care what Rictor felt about him making out with anyone else.
    it really doesnt even have to involve people for that matter. animals, plastic whatever, pie, couches, the faucet, you name it. one is no different than the other, people included. the only real goal is sexual pleasure. notably persons who are " greedy " tend to switch their sexual orientation whenever they feel so inclined, and likely whenever it will gain them sex from someone.

Hercules is also greedy.= self explanatory, but more just screwing with Herc for fun...or was I? hmmmm?

so know statement was made to the contrary, and no implication, other than imagined by outside parties as everything was clarified clearly, and reinforced, as i said before. if anyone is still confused, well, i cant help you out, as im definatly not responding again. tired of dealing with this for half of everything i say.
    i shouldnt have to and i dont have to.

this statement not to anyone in particular in this thread already, as we've already discussed it.
    but for the sake of covering my own end later, because i got that feeling that im going to hear this for days. seen it one to many times before.

now, i am going to go have a Latte.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jordama
    @xerox-kitty:
    This is so not what i expected
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @jordama said:

"@xerox-kitty: This is so not what i expected "

Me neither. 

@CATMANEXE: & @AngelFrost:

Enough.
      You are both arguing the wrong details, and ruining this thread for everyone else.  If you want to debate the finer details of your arguments, then do it in PMs from now on. 

Lets keep this thread focussed on Shatterstar's sexuality, and not on the confusing details casued by grammatical mistakes.

Shipwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shipwreck

What matters was what is in the older comics were characters grew emotionally. Sexual growth isn't all that important to character. Wow he had sex! Let's move on. Sex isn't something new, it's been here for eons.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.