Sharingan too powerful?

#1 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Or rather, is the Sharingan too haxed? I mean, seriously. The Sharingan by itself is already pretty powerful, then there's the Mangekyou Sharingan. I didn't really think the MS was too bad for a long time because you have to make eye contact to use Tsukiyomi, and you have to be able to see what you wanna hit with Amaterasu. And despite it's destructive power, it has the same downside as any other technique... it can be avoided. A good way to avoid both of these techniques is to blind the user somehow, like throwing dirt in their eyes or something.

However, here comes Susanoo. Now while it's still pretty much a mystery, it seems invincible so far. Not only does provide incredible protection for the user, but it's basically a one-hit K.O. Until we learn more about it, the Mangekyou Sharingan is officially haxed.

#2 Posted by Lantern Of Hatred (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

Annd then there is EMS.

#3 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean by Haxed?

#4 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

yes it's insanely overpowered DEAD, but that's why it makes things interesting

There was no reason for Sasuke to lose to pretty much anybody that didn't have Sharingan for a while lol

That's why they out in Itachi

and if they kill him, ten that means that Sasuke is WAY too overpowered

and when was the last time sasuke even copied someone elses jutsu? I think Kishimoto forgot about that part lol

#5 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"yes it's insanely overpowered DEAD, but that's why it makes things interesting There was no reason for Sasuke to lose to pretty much anybody that didn't have Sharingan for a while lol That's why they out in Itachi and if they kill him, ten that means that Sasuke is WAY too overpowered and when was the last time sasuke even copied someone elses jutsu? I think Kishimoto forgot about that part lol"

Meh Kakashi makes good use of it and he copies other people's techniques while Sasuke does not.

#6 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"What do you mean by Haxed?"

Hacked or cheating, something like that.

Resonate says:

"yes it's insanely overpowered DEAD, but that's why it makes things interestingThere was no reason for Sasuke to lose to pretty much anybody that didn't have Sharingan for a while lolThat's why they out in Itachiand if they kill him, then that means that Sasuke is WAY too overpoweredand when was the last time sasuke even copied someone elses jutsu? I think Kishimoto forgot about that part lol"

I don't really think it makes things interesting. Everytime we hear about the Sharingan, it has some new power. I think strategy and skill makes things more interesting, and popping a new power whenever you need it disregards that.

Itachi doesn't seem that powerful to me without the MS. Probably Kakashi's league (which isn't a bad thing, but it's not Kage level). I'm happy that Sasuke at least proved that Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu aren't as invincible as fanboys claimed they were.

Sasuke probably copied all of Orochimaru's techniques during his training.

Post Edited:2008-03-07 16:52:18

#7 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

" Sasuke probably copied all of Orochimaru's techniques during his training.
Post Edited:2008-03-07 16:52:18"

I hope so

yeah I like it because what would the emo kid have over Naruto if he had no Sharingan? Nothing

#8 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"DEADPOOL says:

I hope so

yeah I like it because what would the emo kid have over Naruto if he had no Sharingan? Nothing

"

Sasuke doesn't seem to want the MS. He's using skill and strategy. Sasuke is just faster, smarter, and a better fighter than Naruto is. Naruto's greatest strengths are his chakra and couple S-rank jutsus.

Post Edited:2008-03-07 17:18:29

#9 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Resonate says:
"DEADPOOL says:
I hope so yeah I like it because what would the emo kid have over Naruto if he had no Sharingan? Nothing "
Sasuke doesn't seem to want the MS. He's using skill and strategy. Sasuke is just faster, smarter, and a better fighter than Naruto is. Naruto's greatest strengths are his chakra and couple S-rank jutsus.
Post Edited:2008-03-07 17:18:29"

Not in Part I it wasn't

#10 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Or rather, is the Sharingan too haxed? I mean, seriously. The Sharingan by itself is already pretty powerful, then there's the Mangekyou Sharingan. I didn't really think the MS was too bad for a long time because you have to make eye contact to use Tsukiyomi, and you have to be able to see what you wanna hit with Amaterasu. And despite it's destructive power, it has the same downside as any other technique... it can be avoided. A good way to avoid both of these techniques is to blind the user somehow, like throwing dirt in their eyes or something.However, here comes Susanoo. Now while it's still pretty much a mystery, it seems invincible so far. Not only does provide incredible protection for the user, but it's basically a one-hit K.O. Until we learn more about it, the Mangekyou Sharingan is officially haxed."

Lol its not if you don't know how to use it its as worthless as a piece of paper. As for the Mangekyou Sharingan everybody has always had that madara had it when he and his brother were just done with school.

Also the sharigan blinds the user so it of course comes with a flaw to it.

#11 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a huge downside, yeah, but in the meantime people actually think Itachi can beat Jiraiya even though he already said that Jiraiya > Itachi+Kisame.

Jiraiya > Everyone!

#12 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"That is a huge downside, yeah, but in the meantime people actually think Itachi can beat Jiraiya even though he already said that Jiraiya > Itachi+Kisame. Jiraiya > Everyone!"

not coming from a fanboy, of course

#13 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh don't forgot Kakashi black hole. But, it might be overpowered, I still think it's awesome.

#14 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

and...then there is Susano'o

ok Deadpool, I'm officially agreeing with you that the Sharingan is haxed

but god damn that thing was awesome

#15 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean Itachi made Orochimaru his bitch with that thing

#16 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

YEA! Sharingan is so cool. I want one now, but the Enternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

#17 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

"Prediction Ability."

Someone seems to have edited the bio saying that the Sharingan can predict movement by observing the flow of chara. However this ability was described in the Zabuza fight; the eyes are sensitive to movement and, using accurate judgment, the user is practically able to predict the opponent's moves.

Sasuke Valley of the End fight is where people seem to be getting these different facts from, but I believe it's incorrect. Sasuke was unable to predict the Kyuubi chakra's movement even though it's believed that Sasuke could prdict Naruto's movement through observing his chakra flow.

#18 Posted by F33R! (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Orochimaru was good as the first main villian but yeah withe the ms itachi made him his bitch but
about sasuke whats with him not using his to copy stuff he just uses his skill i wonder why he hardly uses it

#19 Posted by Braise (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
DEADPOOL said:
"

That is a huge downside, yeah, but in the meantime people actually think Itachi can beat Jiraiya even though he already said that Jiraiya > Itachi+Kisame.

Pain > Everyone!

"
Correction. :D
Or atleast according to this week's chapter,
Konohamaru > Everyone
#20 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

a tad too powerful, yes

#21 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio
Braise said:
"DEADPOOL said:
"

Pain > Everyone!

"
Correction. :D
Or atleast according to this week's chapter,
Konohamaru > Everyone
"
Damn I never knew, Konoharmura knew Rasengan. That's impressive, seeing how he doesn't have nearly as much chakra as Naruto.
#22 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio
DEADPOOL said:
"

"Prediction Ability."

Someone seems to have edited the bio saying that the Sharingan can predict movement by observing the flow of chara. However this ability was described in the Zabuza fight; the eyes are sensitive to movement and, using accurate judgment, the user is practically able to predict the opponent's moves.

Sasuke Valley of the End fight is where people seem to be getting these different facts from, but I believe it's incorrect. Sasuke was unable to predict the Kyuubi chakra's movement even though it's believed that Sasuke could prdict Naruto's movement through observing his chakra flow.

"

No, he saw the movement of the kyuubi chakra. But, he couldn't dodge them both at the same time. That why the fight got increasingly difficult.
#23 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
F33R! said:
"Orochimaru was good as the first main villian but yeah withe the ms itachi made him his bitch but
about sasuke whats with him not using his to copy stuff he just uses his skill i wonder why he hardly uses it"
probably cause he wants to develop everything instead of just rely on that one ability.  he can always fall back on it if he starts to lose.
#24 Posted by Braise (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

You what's the scary thing? We still haven't seen the full potential of EMS.

#25 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

EMS?

#26 Posted by Ptero (184 posts) - - Show Bio
Shaper said:
"EMS?"
Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan.

Normal Sharingan makes the users eyesight suffer from overuse, however the Eternal version does not suffer this deterioration.
#27 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

The sharingan

Able to see opponents moves

Able to see opponent chakra

Creating illusions that cannot escape by will power

Able to make blackfire that cannot be extinguish by normal means

Creating black holes

Creating pocket dimensions

Yes it is overpowering. this is a hereditary ability why is it acting like a MacGuffin.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.