Follow

Shang-Chi

Character » Shang-Chi appears in 1040 issues.

Shang-Chi is the son of a sinister Chinese mastermind. He was raised and trained in the martial arts by his father and his instructors. A spy, a romantic, a philosopher and an Avenger. As one of the best martial artists in the Marvel universe, Shang chooses to use his talents to fight evil and defend the innocent.

Does He have superpowers?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c
    deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not sure what his power ratings are, and In Avengers World it seems like he does. Obviously I don't know the character very well and any help is appreciated.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No he doesn't but recently he was given equipment that simulate powers. We've only gotten small glimpses of what it does.

Avatar image for jaxthejester_2014
    jaxthejester_2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can simulate a fireball effect with his Starktech gauntlets. It was powerful enough to put Gorgon on the ropes for a few seconds.

Speaking of which... does anyone know when Shang Chi and The Gorgon are slated to have their rematch?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

He can simulate a fireball effect with his Starktech gauntlets. It was powerful enough to put Gorgon on the ropes for a few seconds.

Speaking of which... does anyone know when Shang Chi and The Gorgon are slated to have their rematch?

I think the tech amps his chi and I'm pretty sure the technical term for the fireball is Hadouken

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that he actually has powers,but he can manipulate chi to physically amp him,which allows for many superhuman feats.

AlvesDeLima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends on how do you define powers, because Shang-chi is kind of like those Wuxia characters that can do things no human being could possibly do with the justification of "martial arts training let me do anything"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.