Follow

Shadowman

Character » Shadowman appears in 232 issues.

"I am the lord of deadside, walker between the worlds, immortal Voodoo warrior, the horror, the horror, I embrace it."

Shadowman movie in the works!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Though this news was released many months ago, I haven't seen any mention of it and I happened to just stumble upon this very exciting news:

J. Michael Straczynski is writing a Shadowman film for Valiant. As a new Shadowman fan I am absolutely thrilled with everything Valiant has been doing, and was shocked and immensely ecstatic to learn they expect to release said Shadowman film in fall of 2014! Easily the best news of the week for me. Check out the article and video below with Warren Simons where they also discuss a Bloodshot movie being in development.

J. Michael Straczynski talks Shadowman(Click)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

It's not the only one, too.

CV: Moving on to general Valiant questions. We know a Shadowman movie is moving forward, but if you had to pick another Valiant title to get the big screen treatment, which would it be and why?

DS: That’s a tricky question to answer. We've got a number of films in the works and we haven’t announced them all. I’m afraid I’ll give something away if I say anything! What about you, Dan and Matthew? What would you like to see?

MW: Honestly, I think X-O Manowar would be a very good episodic kind of movie.

DK: I agree, absolutely.I’d love to see that expanded to movies and gaming as well. It would be a tremendously great character to follow.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Extremis

@k4tzm4n: awesome thanks katzman

An X-O Manowar movie could be great of they had a decent enough budget. Seems they'll go with the main studios which bodes well. Is it really this easy for Valiant to move forward with these movies? I mean don't get me wrong Im thrilled beyond belief, but wouldn't studios want a Flash movie, or some other big hero, before Shadowman (a character many people don't even know)?

I love it. Just have to forgive me a bit for thinking this all seems too good to be true haha. It's like to great for me to just accept.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@extremis: Well it depends really, only WB studios are going to be able to get at DC superheroes and Marvel heroes have been snapped up by Fox and Sony so if film studio wan't to make a comic movie with a character that won't cost them an arm and a leg for the rights Valiant characters is one of the ways to go.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: good call

I'm just glad studios can recognize the merits of these great Valiant characters. I was resigned to never seeing an X-O Manowar movie. Now I can see its in the realm of total possibility. They even plan on announcing more, so it could even happen soon.

Could you imagine a Valiant movie universe? Step aside MCU.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: I'm gonna love the Shadowman movie, it can only be a good thing that JMS is working on it

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I know. Seriously the best thing I've heard comic book related this week. Maybe even this month.

Alright now we have to discuss... Who plays Shadowman?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: nice! Certainly looks like Jack Boniface. I know this actor, where from though..?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: He was in Greys Anatomy and Cabin in the Woods. Who would you cast?

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

excited about a super hero movie not about a mainstream character. on the other hand, superman grounded and spider-man OMD Straczynski.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: hmm idk Your Jesse Williams suggestion seems right on the money. That's my favorite choice right now. Ill have to think that one over a bit more

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

No Caption Provided

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Any updates on this movie? Dam it im so looking forward to this :)

As for the lead Role my vote is for Jesse Williams gets my vote too but imo Gary Dourdan could fit that role very well :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.