Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    When the assembled street-level heroes of New York are soundly trounced by Daredevil and the Hand, they must put their hopes in the least likely of saviors... Ghost Rider.

The Good

I could comment on the strength of the writing and art in this book, but what interests me most is the way this storyline's finally worked Marvel's "knights" into what truly feels a modern urban mythology. There's a lot said about how superheroes are analogous to the pantheons of antiquity and this was the first time I've read a comic where the back-streets of Hell's Kitchen felt as grand as the corridors of ancient Troy.  I think it's especially appropriate that Ghost Rider's serving a fury in this opera.

The Bad

While I'm glad that the revelation about who's made DD act this crazy ties into the seminal, under-appreciated Elektra: Assassin... if it really is who they say it is, then it sticks out that Elektra wouldn't cooperate with him for even a second. Considering how prominently telepathy and psychic possession has played into her history, it seems really against-character that she wouldn't sense what was wrong immediately.

The Verdict - 4/5

It's funny; over the past couple months, I've gotten to read a lot of the Shadowland tie-ins, but none of the actual issues from the main mini-series. Now that I've sampled the whole gamut of this crossover, I have to say that the level of quality throughout is impressively strong. This might seem excessive after the end of seven years worth of rolling crossovers, but it's honestly a strong fray that defines this section of the Marvel U as a community, giving each player a significant, clearly-defined role to play.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Eyz

What a fun cover! XD
    That GR there..is just...cheesy but I love it! :D

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By longbowhunter

I love Marvel's street level heros. The story isnt going the way I'd hoped, but I'm still digging the series.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By the Vica

I sure am loving reading about Iron Fist and his loveable sidekicks! 

... Come on, you guys all know this is Iron Fist's book! :P

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This comic wasn't very good.The best part of the issue is what Shang Chi says...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.