Follow

Shadowland

Story arc »

Marvel crossover featuring mostly street level heroes.

Revised Call on Shadowland (possible SPOILER)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop  Online
    DateWelcome to my blog:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    08/02/10Revised Call on Shadowland (possible SPOILER)(Blog) (Forum)Shadowland(Back) (Next)

(NOTE: Neither of these calls were right, but they're still good for a laugh. Enjoy...)

Follow-Up To:.Shroud and the Marvel Underworld, The (Shadowland spoiler?).

I just want to be the first to call it. In a previous blog, I suggested that the Shroud would be revealed as the true villain, posing as Daredevil. Considering the new advertising, asking who will be the "new Man Without Fear," I'm revising my call from the Shroud being the villain to being the new Daredevil. His "mystic sense" is practically the same as DD's "radar sense," plus he can create his own darkness. And I don't know if this was resolved, but he was wanted for not registering, so a new identity might be in order (although, DD didn't register either, did he?).

Most important clue for my personal taste: The Shroud is the only one in the story whose name I have not seen come up yet in the advertising. He's also a lesser known character than those in the ads - changing his identity wouldn't be as big of a deal.

You read it here first: THE SHROUD WILL BE THE NEW MAN WITHOUT FEAR. ;)

EDIT 9/17/10: (This will be in the comments, as well) To all of those who ridiculed this call: I WAS WRONG! Apparently, Black Panther is the new "Man Without Fear." I said I was willing to be wrong, so there you go. ;D.

More Blogs:

Back/ NextWhich blog will it be:
    Back:.Plastic Man as a Batman villain.
    Next:.When Comics Used to Excite Me (just a fond remembrance).

.Full Blog Index.

Thanks for reading! :^D

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cbishop said:
    "

I just want to be the first to call it.  In a previous blog, I suggested that the Shroud would be revealed as the true villain, posing as Daredevil.  Considering the new advertising, asking who will be the "new Man Without Fear," I'm revising my call from the Shroud being the villain to being the new Daredevil.  His "mystic sense" is practically the same as DD's "radar sense," plus he can create his own darkness.  And I don't know if this was resolved, but he was wanted for not registering, so a new identity might be in order (although, DD didn't register either, did he?). 

Most important clue for my personal taste: The Shroud is the only one in the story whose name I have not seen come up yet in the advertising.  He's also a lesser known character than those in the ads - changing his identity wouldn't be as big of a deal. 

"
    Where's Kanye at? 
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop  Online
    @Vance Astro: LMAO!  I am completely willing to be wrong, but I'm betting on the darkhorse here!  It makes no sense that they would take any one of those well known characters and make them the new Daredevil (assuming that's what "new Man Without Fear" even means).  It makes much more sense that they would take a character that apparently nobody cares about (lol) and up his image as the new DD.  They'll write some cool stories with him, Matt will or won't come back, the Shroud will have more cred for having filled DD's shoes, and bam, now everyone cares about the Shroud.  I smell a brand new book coming from a mile away. lol
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself
    @cbishop:  the Super Human Registration Act was absolved...meaning that Steve Rogers got rid of it
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cbishop said:
    " @Vance Astro: LMAO!  I am completely willing to be wrong, but I'm betting on the darkhorse here!  It makes no sense that they would take any one of those well known characters and make them the new Daredevil (assuming that's what "new Man Without Fear" even means).  It makes much more sense that they would take a character that apparently nobody cares about (lol) and up his image as the new DD.  They'll write some cool stories with him, Matt will or won't come back, the Shroud will have more cred for having filled DD's shoes, and bam, now everyone cares about the Shroud.  I smell a brand new book coming from a mile away. lol "
    Anything is possible...I just wouldn't get my hopes up of Marvel doing something outside the box for once.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop  Online
    @Vance Astro said:
    Anything is possible...I just wouldn't get my hopes up of Marvel doing something outside the box for once. "

Oh, my hopes aren't really that high, but I just have a feeling.  Feel free to come back and tell me about it if I'm wrong. lol ;)

@danhimself said:
    " @cbishop:  the Super Human Registration Act was absolved...meaning that Steve Rogers got rid of it "

<sarcasm> Gee, dan', thanks for explaining "absolved." <sarcasm> lol ;)   Seriously though, I didn't know that Steve Rogers managed to get it axed.  I haven't followed Marvel as close since the end of CW... and obviously don't remember quite so much about that.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself
    @cbishop:  you never know with some of the people around here....sometimes it's just better to explain the big words without being asked first...lol
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cbishop  Online
    @danhimself: well, okay, I wasn't going to admit this, but until your post, I actually thought "absolved" meant "finally figured out how to lose that belly." lol 

8-16-10 EDIT: Get it?  "Ab-solved?"  Solved the problem of how to have nice abs?  ...Ah, never mind. ;)
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By daredevil21134

Matt Murdock 4 Life
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cbishop  Online
    @daredevil21134 said:
    "Matt Murdock 4 Life "

From the looks of the advertising, that may not be the case. lol
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daredevil21134
    @cbishop:

Very Funny.But I seriously doubt this is goning anywhere far
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cbishop  Online

@daredevil21134: I don't think he's going to be gone forever, but I do think that one way or the other, Shadowland is going to lead to the Shroud into bigger popularity.  There's no benefit to changing one of these other characters' identities.  Again: I'm willing to be wrong here, but it makes more and more sense to me, the more I think about it.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Final Arrow
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @cbishop said:
    "

I just want to be the first to call it.  In a previous blog, I suggested that the Shroud would be revealed as the true villain, posing as Daredevil.  Considering the new advertising, asking who will be the "new Man Without Fear," I'm revising my call from the Shroud being the villain to being the new Daredevil.  His "mystic sense" is practically the same as DD's "radar sense," plus he can create his own darkness.  And I don't know if this was resolved, but he was wanted for not registering, so a new identity might be in order (although, DD didn't register either, did he?). 

Most important clue for my personal taste: The Shroud is the only one in the story whose name I have not seen come up yet in the advertising.  He's also a lesser known character than those in the ads - changing his identity wouldn't be as big of a deal. 

"
    Where's Kanye at? 
    MARVEL COMICS DOES NOT CARE ABOUT SHROUD....
    "

Spits drink
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cbishop  Online
    @Final Arrow said:
    "@Vance Astro said:
    Where's Kanye at? 
    MARVEL COMICS DOES NOT CARE ABOUT SHROUD....
    "
    Spits drink "

Yeah, I thought the Spoiler Warning part was funny, but I didn't really get the Kanye reference.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daredevil21134
    @cbishop:
    Damn man you must love the shroud i wonder if he's still dating Julia Carpenter
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cbishop  Online
    @daredevil21134 said:
    "@cbishop: Damn man you must love the shroud i wonder if he's still dating Julia Carpenter "

Lol, actually, I have always held a fascination with the character, because his backstory indicates he should be a player in the Marvel underworld, yet Marvel hardly uses him.  I wouldn't call myself a huge fan, but I'm looking at this story and DD & Shroud's similar abilities, thinking this is a no-brainer and would be a huge surprise to readers.  It just makes sense to me over anything Marvel has hinted at.  I wouldn't say I love the Shroud, but I am willing to stick with the longshot on this one.  If I turn out to be wrong, okay, I was wrong.  If I'm right though, I expect all of you naysayers to own up to it. LOL
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daredevil21134

Will do but istill doubt it 
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cbishop  Online

(This is edited into the blog, as well)  To all of those who ridiculed this call: I WAS WRONG!  Apparently, Black Panther is the new "Man Without Fear."  I said I was willing to be wrong, so there you go. ;D    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.