Follow

Shadowland

Story arc »

Marvel crossover featuring mostly street level heroes.

Any thoughts on how Shadowland has ended?

Avatar image for the_angry_comic_book_critic
    The Angry Comic Book Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 6

So to everyone who's been reading this series are you happy, pissed or indifferent on how the series came to a close?

gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gethere

I found it really pointless, there wasn't really any to that  lame excuse for a  story. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gethere:  Well it had one good point to it Daredevil finally had the Stones to kill bullseye something he should have done long ago for all the hell he's caused
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
    @The Angry Comic Book Critic: Is Bullseye back yet?
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @gethere said:
    " I found it really pointless, there wasn't really any to that  lame excuse for a  story.  "
    I concur wholeheartedly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icarusflies:  Nope he's still six feet under in a pine box which I kinda hope he stays in so at least daredevils downfall wasn't for nothing
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I liked it. I'm interested in seeing where they take Matt now. I was happy to see him finally get a big arc that centered around him. 

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
    @The Angry Comic Book Critic: >:( 

Stupid Shadowland…killing one of Marvel's few unspoiled villains.
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By longbowhunter

From the stand point of a big DD fan I felt it was a rather weak story that had a lot of potential. Not alot of intrigue or mystery, just some fights in tights. I wish Bendis or Brubaker was still on Daredevil.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icarusflies:  Yes Bullseye is one of the Best Marvel Villains and it was kinda sad to see him go but his death was pretty ironic DD Kills him the same ways Bullseye iced Elektra and despite being a cool character Daredevil did a logical thing by killing him for all the shit he's pulled over the years I'm honestly surpised he didn't do it sooner.
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
    @The Angry Comic Book Critic: I have one thing to say to that: 

MEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icarusflies:well I say  to each his own but I'll give them two years tops before Bullseye's back or they'll go the same route the did with Norman osborn and take 25 years to bring him back either way he's too popular to keep in the ground forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It amazes me when people hate on something they haven't read. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Shadowland was terrible....here's the reasons. 

1.Diggle finally killed off Bullseye (WHICH IS WHAT I WANTED) and then brought him back. 
    2.Echo didn't appear in it. 
    3.It gives the Illusion that the Hand is a credible threat and they really aren't.DD and Elektra has decimated that clan a thousand times over. 
    4.Not enough Elektra and her tie-in sucked. 
    5.Most of the tie-ins sucked.Why would they give Colleen Wing her own team? Do they think anyone gives a sh#t about Colleen Wing? I mean I like her but she's not popular. 
    6.Daredevil has no feats in the entire comic because he's technically not in it since the "Beast of the Hand" lived that storyline through him. 
    7.A chance to have someone new play the "Man Without Fear" was wasted on Black Panther who has already used DD's mantle before. 
    8.It's the first big event in DD in years and it did nothing to progress the character

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro: Bullseye didn't get brought back. 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:

" @Vance Astro: Bullseye didn't get brought back.  "

He will be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Jake Fury said:

He will be. "
    I'm sure he will eventually just glad it wasn't done in Shadowland. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:  No he didn't bring back bullseye he  is still dead and it kinda did progress DD's character  because it showed how far Daredevil was willing to go because killing bullseye that was all him the beast of the hand didn't take over until Daredevil 509 if I'm not mistaken which happen after shadowland #1 but I agree with you on black panther taking over the series out of all the charcters who were great candidates to be the new "Daredevil" they picked a guy he only met twice I'd have rather seen Elektra as the New Daredevil that would have been interesting as hell as the woman without fear
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#19  Edited By Deadcool
    @Icarusflies:  HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH WHAT?
    You serious?
    I mean, we are talking about comics, they always come back...
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Angry Comic Book Critic said:

" @Vance Astro:  No he didn't bring back bullseye he  is still dead 

@Jake Fury said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Jake Fury said:

He will be. "
    I'm sure he will eventually just glad it wasn't done in Shadowland.  "
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#21  Edited By Deadcool

I thought that Ghost Rider could kill Daredevil but, OH SURPRICE!!!
    WHAT THE HELL DID I READ?
    Oh well, Iron Fist was awesome in that issue, and I loved to see Spidey kicking Darevil's ass twice in the previous issues, but it was pretty mediocre, the rest of the issues could have been better...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    " @Vance Astro:  No he didn't bring back bullseye he  is still dead and it kinda did progress DD's character  because it showed how far Daredevil was willing to go because killing bullseye that was all him the beast of the hand didn't take over until Daredevil 509 if I'm not mistaken which happen after shadowland #1 but I agree with you on black panther taking over the series out of all the charcters who were great candidates to be the new "Daredevil" they picked a guy he only met twice I'd have rather seen Elektra as the New Daredevil that would have been interesting as hell as the woman without fear "
    The Daimyos didn't state the Beast of the Hands existence until 509.I think the Beast had ACTUALLY taken over long before issue 509.I hate how Marvel puts out those fake solicits though.They are going to give a character someone's role and it's always the character we expect.Remember when they gave all of those suspects for the New Black Panther and what do you know...it was Shuri..just like most people thought it would be.The only reason anyone would have thought it was Echo because she disappeared around that time and because her preview was the first to appear.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Vance Astro said:
    "Shadowland was terrible....here's the reasons.  1.Diggle finally killed off Bullseye (WHICH IS WHAT I WANTED) and then brought him back. 2.Echo didn't appear in it. 3.It gives the Illusion that the Hand is a credible threat and they really aren't.DD and Elektra has decimated that clan a thousand times over. 4.Not enough Elektra and her tie-in sucked. 5.Most of the tie-ins sucked.Why would they give Colleen Wing her own team? Do they think anyone gives a sh#t about Colleen Wing? I mean I like her but she's not popular. 6.Daredevil has no feats in the entire comic because he's technically not in it since the "Beast of the Hand" lived that storyline through him. 7.A chance to have someone new play the "Man Without Fear" was wasted on Black Panther who has already used DD's mantle before. 8.It's the first big event in DD in years and it did nothing to progress the character "

this,and you can also throw in the fact that danny knew how to stop him all along ,so basically everything there was just a pointless excercise,and i also found it amusing that the beast wrecked logan,spidey,luke,elektra,frank and ghost rider but was oneshotted by danny.
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By PumpkinBomb

I was about as pumped up for a comic as I'd ever been when I found out Daredevil was going to take over the hand and become a villain. He had the perfect name, history and powerset to become one of the best villains in the Marvel Universe, especially with what he'd been through lately. The lead-in to Shadowland was pretty solid, and we were led to expect "The Birth of the Marvel Universe's Greatest Villain". We got a pointless mess of an "event" instead, and I'm still in the stage of denial.

Really, they should have got somebody competent like Kyle and Yost to plot the thing. Daredevil starts enforcing martial law of his own free will, and (inadvertently?) kills one of the heroes that got together to stop him. Misty Knight would be pretty heartbreaking, for example. Reviled by his former allies and unwilling to keep losing ninja to a vengeful stream of resident heroes, he re-evaluates the situation and executes a strategic retreat to the Hand's headquarters in Japan. There, he renounces the ineffectual superhero establishment and begins bringing the criminals of the world to order by any means necessary, while the East-savvy heroes like Elektra, Wolverine and Iron Fist prepare to bring him down. How hard was that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a new review up for my thoughts on shadowland's ending if anyone's interestested

Beast King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Beast King
    " I have a new review up for my thoughts on shadowland's ending if anyone's interestested "
    I read it and agree with the rating it was given. 
    ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By ArtJoker
    @Icarusflies said:
    " @The Angry Comic Book Critic: >:(  Stupid Shadowland…killing one of Marvel's few unspoiled villains. "
    yep
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Theodore

Started great, kinda fizzled at the end... bring back Brubaker!

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By IrishX  Online
    @entropy_aegis said:
    "this,and you can also throw in the fact that danny knew how to stop him all along ,so basically everything there was just a pointless excercise,and i also found it amusing that the beast wrecked logan,spidey,luke,elektra,frank and ghost rider but was oneshotted by danny. "

Iron Fist did not "one-shot" the Beast nor did he stop him. You might want to re-read the issue again.
    Real213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Real213

Did anyone else notice that at one point Ghost Rider said "What in the name of Hades Mercedes?" Talk about bad writing.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
    @The Angry Comic Book Critic:  well hes dead until he gets brought back for the millonth time xD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Real213:  yeah that line was lame as all hell I think that was the moment they really just stopped giving shit entirely about shadowland
    DaMiaNDaCRaZeD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DaMiaNDaCRaZeD
    @Vance Astro:
    bullseye was not ressurected in the end, but i do agree with you about the black panther dilema
    DaMiaNDaCRaZeD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DaMiaNDaCRaZeD
    @Real213:
    lmao
    NYStreets09e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NYStreets09e
    @The Angry Comic Book Critic:  
    NO thanks that would ruin Elektra as a Character, I much rather have her stay as it is....
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#36  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

the thing i had a problem with was the possesion part rather than matt genuinly going bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NYStreets09e: I don't think making her the new daredevil would ruin her as a character if anything it would give her a brand new direction for a while and maybe allow her to evolve as a character and learn at least a little bit about the value of human life by trying to uphold Matt's legacy
    NYStreets09e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NYStreets09e
    @The Angry Comic Book Critic: yea but thats the thing she doesn't really value life like that, and if i'm right about her future (spoiler) she will probably return to being an Official Assassin again and it would be a hard to be the a killer  if she is "the new Daredevil" , all and all i like the fact that she is different then Daredevil but she still seem to have a connection to him, and be her own person rather then DD replacement.....   :/
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

(finally retrieved the full story) A agree the story kind of fizled after a great lead-up.  The only books that really ment anything to the story were the Shadowland and DD books, most of the rest could have been left to the side (i.e. they are just as good as read alone titles as with the series.)  I suppose waiting and seeing what they do with the ramifications of the story will tell how good it was.  As for BP taking over as The Man Without Fear, I'm in a hold patern over that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.