Follow

Sersi

Character » Sersi appears in 525 issues.

Sersi is an Eternal. She is the daughter of Helios and Perse. Sersi is the only fifth level adept, the highest possible, among the Eternals in the discipline of matter rearrangement. Amongst the Eternals it's said that even Prime-Eternal Zuras, mightiest of all Eternals, fears the power of Sersi.

What's up with Sersi and where did these Eternals came from?

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Calvin

So I found these page and I was wondering were does these Eternals came from? What are Sersi's origins? Are they like Magic characters? Or true Sci-fi based powers?

No Caption Provided

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

Sci-fi. Eternals are a genetic offshoot of humanity created by the Celestials.

You can read abut it here

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Calvin
    AtPhantom said:
    "Sci-fi. Eternals are a genetic offshoot of humanity created by the Celestials.

You can read abut it here"
    I know I can, I'm just being lazy.... I did a fast reading there and in the wikipedia, but I was checking if Sersi had a fangroup who would jump into the thread and highlight the important stuff.

Thanks dude
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Erik

The important thing is that she is dead and waiting to be resurrected. 

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Calvin

She's dead? Who done that to a character that I was potentially interested! This is like if somebody who was starting to like Batman started reading during the Batman RIP!

Oh, well....

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Calvin

Is this were a Eternal go when they're dead?
    Seams kind of nice, I guess some people wouldn't mind being dead on friday nights, or so

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Erik

Read the Eternals and it explains how she dies. But since she is an Eternal, she cannot truly be dead unless she wants to be. As of right now, she is waiting for the reactivation chamber to be repaired.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Calvin

Reactivation chamber? Not truly be dead? Martinis? Walking around all day in swimsuit?

They got it all these Eternals, I got to wear a tie to work and I bet I will not be able to drink at my own funeral.

Anyway thank erik!

Jtoma84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jtoma84

According to Eternals: Manifest Destiny, the last page Sersi is quite alive and well in the future which leads me to believe the reactivation chamber was complete. However, Calvin, if you're interested in Sersi her exploits in the Avengers made her kick ass. Check out Avegers vol. 1 #314-317 that's the arc when she officially joined the team. Also pick up the Galactic Storm trades from the Avengers, and try to get Avengers vol. 1 #359, that was pretty awesome with her. Anothe good trade is Avengers/X-Men: Bloodties. Finally there are the Eternals. The order to read the trades are as follows:  

-Eternals vol 1 by Jack Kirby 
    -Eternals vol 2 by Jack Kirby 
    -Thor: The Eternals Saga vol 1 
    -Thor: The Eternals Saga vol 2 
    -Neil Gaiman's the Eternals 
    -Eternals: To Slay a God 
    -Eternals: Manifest Destiny. 

She really is an awesome character, too bad she isn't in the Avengers again, I loved her in it. Also if you like collecting back issues, she was a main member of the Avengers from vol. 1: 314-375. 
    Avengers vol 1; #345
    Avengers vol 1; #345
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

The Eternals were created by Jack Kirby and first published in 1976.  They're kind of Marvel's version of DC's New Gods. 
    Sersi is a very powerful and attractive character with tons of untapped potential.  Hopefully she'll have a recurring role somewhere soon.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AtPhantom
    @PowerHerc said:
    " The Eternals were created by Jack Kirby and first published in 1976.  They're kind of Marvel's version of DC's New Gods. Sersi is a very powerful and attractive character with tons of untapped potential.  Hopefully she'll have a recurring role somewhere soon. "
    Since the Eternals series got canned a year ago and her status is still between life and death, I doubt it.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

Sersi is the 1st hottest and 2nd most powerful of the Eternals.
    fred9101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By fred9101

As an Eternal, Sersi is super strong. Does she uses this power (super strength) sometimes ? If yes, which series/issues ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.