Follow

Serenity

Team » Serenity appears in 48 issues.

Serenity harbors a crew of nine; three fighters, a Companion, a mechanic, a pilot, a doctor, a preacher and a girl with apparent mental issues. They fly on the edge of the system, keeping out of the Alliance's reach and taking any job they can to keep flying.

Serenity Sequel?

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

This dropped on my lap from the good people at Empire:

"Now, take this very much as rumour at the moment, because we've all got our hopes up too much in the past, but Alan Tudyk has dropped hint that there could – not will – be a sequel to Serenity.

Talking to Moviehole for the release of the special edition DVD of the film, Tudyk (who plays Wash in Serenity and the series Firefly) said, "“They had to put [the new DVD] out because they’ve been selling out of the other one and so Universal’s like ‘So, let’s do another one’. And now… there’s now a chance there’s going to be another movie".

He had better not be joking, because that would just be unfair to all us Browncoats. Joss Whedon made no secret of the fact that he was originally planning to make a trilogy of films, but after the disappointing performance of the first(?) movie, it seemed hugely unlikely that Captain Tightpants and his crew of awesomeness would ever fly again.

It's doubtful that Universal would sink another $40million into a sequel for the big screen. But, given Serenity's success on DVD, would it be such a bad idea to make it straight-to-DVD, sorry, a DVD Premiere, as they're now called? The movie's always seemed more at home there and the audience would probably be much bigger.

Stop reading now if you haven't seen Serenity, because there's a big spoiler coming.

There is, of course, one thing that puts this in some doubt: Why is Tudyk in the loop about the sequel, when he was squished across the Serenity's flight deck. He couldn't be in it. It's not like this could be a prequel, since we already know how the crew came together and, well, why would you have a cliffhanger and then do a prequel?

Anyway, whatever they do, please let this be true, please let this be true..."

I totally hope this is true. I also hope Wash and Book are in it, but I don't see how.

Find it here:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21191

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'd love for this to be true. But with the lackluster box office and the further away time goes, I think it'd be hard to get all the right people involved. Everyone is (for the most part) trying to do their own thing to pay their bills. So it's going to take some fancy negotiations and perfect timing to get it done.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

It was DVD sales that bought Family Guy back to TV. If the money is there, which they suggest there is, that's a real big incentive for the studio.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Tyler Starke

I'm late to the whole Firefly Serenity game, But seeing as how I watched the whole series and movie today, I really really want a sequel

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Kairan1979

Firefly won't be the same without Wash and Shepherd Book.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

I wish V_V

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By Aiden Cross

Ain't gonna happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.