WTF?: Sentry is.... who?

#201 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not what he said.... 

@CATMANEXE said:

doubled. thats why we care. if we didnt care what happens to the character, we wouldnt be saying anything about it. "
Moderator Online
#202 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" That's not what he said.... 

@CATMANEXE said:
doubled. thats why we care. if we didnt care what happens to the character, we wouldnt be saying anything about it. "
"
ok. so what where u implying?
#203 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grim said:
" @Vance Astro said:

@CATMANEXE said:
"
ok. so what where u implying? "
That you don't care about Sentry nor do you like the character.I believe I said that already.
Moderator Online
#204 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Grim said:
" @Vance Astro said:

@CATMANEXE said:
"
ok. so what where u implying? "
That you don't care about Sentry nor do you like the character.I believe I said that already. "
man your really dancing around this.
you not only felt the need to respond to a very simple statement that pretty much spoke for itself. you also somehow felt that it was wrong, and then you put my name at the head of your counterpoint.
 lets forget for a second that i did just explain exactly why i DO care about the character.
why do you think i would talk about something i dont care about? cuz that is EXACTLY what you said,and i dont see any positive way to spin that.
#205 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grim said:
man your really dancing around this. you not only felt the need to respond to a very simple statement that pretty much spoke for itself. you also somehow felt that it was wrong, and then you put my name at the head of your counterpoint.  lets forget for a second that i did just explain exactly why i DO care about the character. why do you think i would talk about something i dont care about? cuz that is EXACTLY what you said,and i dont see any positive way to spin that. "
I'm not dancing around anything.When someone clearly expresses dislike for a character..I assume they don't care what the character does.You are obviously taking the word "care" out of context.We care what happens to Sentry because the more bullsh#t Bendis writes.He looks bad as a character.That has nothing do with why YOU care about the character.You said that YOU care because what Sentry does effects characters you like.Two different things.
Moderator Online
#206 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: the only difference is that you LIKE the character you care about, and i dont. we both still care, our motives are just different. The good stuff is good for both of us. The bad stuff is bad for both of us.

your twisting things around. Savage Dragon is a character i dont care about. he's not important in any of the comics i read. his stories no longer interest me. As a result, i do not care about him. So i dont read his comics or talk about anything i read that he's involved in.

Sentry is majorly important in half of marvel's stories. he will probably be the center of some event. I dont like his stories, but stories that give more insight to his powers and character progression interest me a great deal. as a result, i DO care about him, so i do read his comic appearances (sometimes, cuz i dont love the guy) and comment on what happens within them. 

your initial statement said i commented about characters i didnt care about, which suggested i was just mad for the sake of it. which would have implied i was b!t@#ing without a purpose.
now we have established that i am mad because i  care about the characters, and i dont like where the stories are taking them. 
 hopefully that answered all of your past and future questions about why i post about characters i dont like.
#207 Edited by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grim said:

" @Vance Astro: the only difference is that you LIKE the character you care about, and i dont. we both still care, our motives are just different. The good stuff is good for both of us. The bad stuff is bad for both of us.  your twisting things around. Savage Dragon is a character i dont care about. he's not important in any of the comics i read. his stories no longer interest me. As a result, i do not care about him. So i dont read his comics or talk about anything i read that he's involved in.   Sentry is majorly important in half of marvel's stories. he will probably be the center of some event. I dont like his stories, but stories that give more insight to his powers and character progression interest me a great deal. as a result, i DO care about him, so i do read his comic appearances (sometimes, cuz i dont love the guy) and comment on what happens within them.   your initial statement said i commented about characters i didnt care about, which suggested i was just mad for the sake of it. which would have implied i was b!t@#ing without a purpose. now we have established that i am mad because i  care about the characters, and i dont like where the stories are taking them.   hopefully that answered all of your past and future questions about why i post about characters i dont like. "

Yes,but there is a difference.That's the point.We were talking about LIKING the character.You don't..thus my statement.Whether you are b#tching without a purpose or not..doesn't really matter to me.
Moderator Online
#208 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

....NEXT ISSUE.... 
Robert wakes up to the static of the TV and says" Wow, what a dream.  No more peparinie and bacon pizza before bed." 

....and in the news today....Comic "writer" Bendis found depressed in his hot tub with a pink slip from Marvel comics at his side.  Was sent to the pshyce ward for evaluation :P
#209 Edited by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maniac2312 said:

" ....NEXT ISSUE.... Robert wakes up to the static of the TV and says" Wow, what a dream.  No more peparinie and bacon pizza before bed."  ....and in the news today....Comic "writer" Bendis found depressed in his hot tub with a pink slip from Marvel comics at his side.  Was sent to the pshyce ward for evaluation :P "

Did you read "Age of the Sentry".
Moderator Online
#210 Edited by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
I did not read that, why did they delete Sentry from Marvel....again?    Doing what I wrote could wipe out the whole Bendis story's and no one would be confused by the Senty's origin because he would never have existed.........that and Marvel might be intresting again as well as readable. 

Edit to previous post:  And comic fans everywhere cheered XD
#211 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maniac2312 said:
" @Vance Astro: I did not read that, why did they delete Sentry from Marvel....again?    Doing what I wrote could wipe out the whole Bendis story's and no one would be confused by the Senty's origin because he would never have existed.........that and Marvel might be intresting again as well as readable.  Edit to previous post:  And comic fans everywhere cheered XD "
What do you mean delete Sentry from Marvel?  
They aren't going to retcon anything Bendis wrote but if anyone is confused about Sentry's origin..it's probably because they never read his miniseries (Marvel Knights Sentry) 
Marvel isn't any less interesting because of Bendis or because of the existence of Sentry because They have several good books that he isn't writing.It's all a matter of opinion though.
Moderator Online
#212 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

In Sentry's defense... he did rip Carnage in half. :)

#213 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio
@bingbangboom said:
"In Sentry's defense... he did rip Carnage in half. :) "
AWSOME XD  

@Vance Astro said:
" @Maniac2312 said:
" @Vance Astro: I did not read that, why did they delete Sentry from Marvel....again?    Doing what I wrote could wipe out the whole Bendis story's and no one would be confused by the Senty's origin because he would never have existed.........that and Marvel might be intresting again as well as readable.  Edit to previous post:  And comic fans everywhere cheered XD "
What do you mean delete Sentry from Marvel?  They aren't going to retcon anything Bendis wrote but if anyone is confused about Sentry's origin..it's probably because they never read his miniseries (Marvel Knights Sentry) Marvel isn't any less interesting because of Bendis or because of the existence of Sentry because They have several good books that he isn't writing.It's all a matter of opinion though. "

Marvel is just harder to like because of Bendis, (maybe just me).  I know he doesn't write all the books and I'm sooo glad he's off DD, but his books do affect most of the Marvel line. 

#214 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@bingbangboom said:
"In Sentry's defense... he did rip Carnage in half. :) "

In Carnage's defense... Bendis didn't have him defend himself. All he did was shoot a tendril out. Lame. Carnage would've gone out like a phsyco, not a little wuss.

That and Bendis was giving Carnage this vampiric power that he CLEARLY took from the Ultimate universe. I dunno how that has to do with my above statement.... but its true. And it irritates me.
#215 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry just needs to go. i'm very happy i didnt see his pretty-boy face in the "heroic age" pictures.  Maybe thor breaks his face is Siege.

#216 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say this much......reading Dark Avengers #13 was like watching Evangelion ReDeath all over again
#217 Posted by Andre Tomazini (1 posts) - - Show Bio

First of, I need to say Bendis work are well above average, not, of course at Morrinson's status but way better than Waids, Loeb, etc. 

What  I believe REALLY happened with the Sentry: 

Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee had a good idea for a single marvel knights series wich PRIMARLY, NEVER was planegged to be Part of the Marvel Universe, at least, of the 616 universe (as Grant Morrinson's Marvel Boy). 

But, because the good response to the series, they brought then to the official cronology and had serious problems with the Sentry's power level (and the bullshet of anyone forgeting about him and having double personality), as with the personallity of Nor Vahr (because fill people can write as good and deep as Morrinson, also the high-tech, near cientifc-fiction aproach of the caracter are much more appealing if he was being used on Marvel's cosmic sagas whereas on earth in Dark Avengers). 

What I think about the Sentry's current status: FORGET ANYTHING ABOUT HIM: the retcom, double perssonality, etc. Probaly there is no Void or even Sentry. Reinolds, by drinking the serum, become the host of one of Marvel's deitys (the Sentry is Robert with litle control over it and the Void is it's real form). Odin Force? Infinity Gens? Some experiments with Galactus or Celestial Powers? Beyonder? A sentient Cosmic Cube as the Shaper of  Worlds or Kubic? The mutant power expelled by the Scarlet Witch? THE Scarlet Witch? I belive any one of these fits his power level as well.   

#218 Edited by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maniac2312 said:

" @Vance Astro: I did not read that, why did they delete Sentry from Marvel....again?    Doing what I wrote could wipe out the whole Bendis story's "

Good Riddiance to Benids verse 

He's now a shock jock with lame pet characters

It started great but Avengers went off the rails and became 100 times worse than Loebverse ever could

@bingbangboom said:

" In Sentry's defense... he did rip Carnage in half. :) "

and 

#219 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andre Tomazini said:
" First of, I need to say Bendis work are well above average, not, of course at Morrinson's status but way better than Waids. "
You're kidding, right?
#220 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis isn't going anywhere.

Moderator Online
#221 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio
@OhTru: I guess he has a knack for that.
#222 Posted by THEBlaqueBasterd (384 posts) - - Show Bio

People really need to learn how to READ.... with UNDERSTANDING... Taken outa context that DID have me psionically shittin my pants for a micro-milli-second.. but its not LITERAL... (hail mary full of grace..)

#223 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry being god's hand at work in marvel, it's possible.  It definitely would explain the myriad of powers he's displayed as of late.  I don't care that much for the Sentry and if this is the case I don't see a reason for him to be interested in issues he's bigger than such as being a hero.  Higher beings view things entirely different from average mortals, especially devine ones.  That's what I took from that scan, sentry was making himself realize this, that's my opinion so I don't wanna get slashed over it...I'll slash back ;)

#224 Edited by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

i just thought about it, if they want to make him a god i think he;s best explanation would be reincarnated version of the Greek God Helios. I know it doesnt explain his most recent powers he has gained but that would explain the millions exploding suns and the void could be the clashing of bob and helios beings in the same body. It would also why he stands such a good chance against the Asgardian gods and taking down Asgard. Would anyone accept this explanation? I think they should have just stuck with the million exploding suns and not the reality warping powers
#225 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

stuuuuuuuuupid
#226 Edited by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

All the stories that Sentry has given everyone are lies, he's clearly just messing with them when he tells them these things. Isn't void supposed to be some evil mastermind as well as access to the senty's power without Bob's mental hindrance. All of this god business; I think thats just him speaking in the 3rd person solely because of Void's super-inflated ego.

#227 Posted by Colt Python XVII (127 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" i just thought about it, if they want to make him a god i think he;s best explanation would be reincarnated version of the Greek God Helios. I know it doesnt explain his most recent powers he has gained but that would explain the millions exploding suns and the void could be the clashing of bob and helios beings in the same body. It would also why he stands such a good chance against the Asgardian gods and taking down Asgard. Would anyone accept this explanation? I think they should have just stuck with the million exploding suns and not the reality warping powers "
He's Robert Reynolds..nothing else.
#228 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey: 
thanks 

@Colt Python XVII:

i know i was just thinking that that would be the best god for him to portray.
#229 Posted by spiderbuck (2441 posts) - - Show Bio

what a complete clusterfuk

#230 Posted by Explosive (123 posts) - - Show Bio
#231 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#232 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#233 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

lol he is clearly insain, its not supposed to be taken literally
#234 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

<------Vance Astro was right.

Moderator Online
#235 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: About what?
#236 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Vance Astro: About what? "
About Sentry not being God or Galactus.
Moderator Online
#237 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Vance Astro: About what? "
About Sentry not being God or Galactus. "
Oh right (nods).
#238 Posted by SC (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

lol what? Oh man, not all writers are fans of laying down characters dialogue as the law. Especially remember that Bendis isn't. 

#239 Posted by master_wright (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it don't care how it sounds. I love the Void because he's pure. he's looking at Lindy and thinking "Wow you are a really dumb one aren't you, I bet I can say anything and you're so scared you can't muster a thought." Loved that he chose to say that. A lot of peopple don't really understand what the Void is or how the Sentry works, Bob is the lie the Sentry is the lie, the Void is real it's about as real as it gets and Seriously all the Bendis hate that's just - look who cares name me somebody who would have wrote something better that doesn't center on a character I haven't seen overused a hundred times. And now that I think about it name a character that isn't at least six degrees from somebody whose powers come from drugs. Good luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.