Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

WTF?: Sentry is.... who?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

That's not what he said.... 

@CATMANEXE said:

doubled. thats why we care. if we didnt care what happens to the character, we wouldnt be saying anything about it. "
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#202  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Vance Astro said:
    " That's not what he said.... 

@CATMANEXE said:
    doubled. thats why we care. if we didnt care what happens to the character, we wouldnt be saying anything about it. "
    "
    ok. so what where u implying?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Grim said:
    " @Vance Astro said:

@CATMANEXE said:
    "
    ok. so what where u implying? "
    That you don't care about Sentry nor do you like the character.I believe I said that already.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Grim said:
    " @Vance Astro said:

@CATMANEXE said:
    "
    ok. so what where u implying? "
    That you don't care about Sentry nor do you like the character.I believe I said that already. "
    man your really dancing around this.
    you not only felt the need to respond to a very simple statement that pretty much spoke for itself. you also somehow felt that it was wrong, and then you put my name at the head of your counterpoint.
     lets forget for a second that i did just explain exactly why i DO care about the character.
    why do you think i would talk about something i dont care about? cuz that is EXACTLY what you said,and i dont see any positive way to spin that.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Grim said:
    man your really dancing around this. you not only felt the need to respond to a very simple statement that pretty much spoke for itself. you also somehow felt that it was wrong, and then you put my name at the head of your counterpoint.  lets forget for a second that i did just explain exactly why i DO care about the character. why do you think i would talk about something i dont care about? cuz that is EXACTLY what you said,and i dont see any positive way to spin that. "
    I'm not dancing around anything.When someone clearly expresses dislike for a character..I assume they don't care what the character does.You are obviously taking the word "care" out of context.We care what happens to Sentry because the more bullsh#t Bendis writes.He looks bad as a character.That has nothing do with why YOU care about the character.You said that YOU care because what Sentry does effects characters you like.Two different things.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Vance Astro: the only difference is that you LIKE the character you care about, and i dont. we both still care, our motives are just different. The good stuff is good for both of us. The bad stuff is bad for both of us.

your twisting things around. Savage Dragon is a character i dont care about. he's not important in any of the comics i read. his stories no longer interest me. As a result, i do not care about him. So i dont read his comics or talk about anything i read that he's involved in.

Sentry is majorly important in half of marvel's stories. he will probably be the center of some event. I dont like his stories, but stories that give more insight to his powers and character progression interest me a great deal. as a result, i DO care about him, so i do read his comic appearances (sometimes, cuz i dont love the guy) and comment on what happens within them. 

your initial statement said i commented about characters i didnt care about, which suggested i was just mad for the sake of it. which would have implied i was b!t@#ing without a purpose.
    now we have established that i am mad because i  care about the characters, and i dont like where the stories are taking them. 
     hopefully that answered all of your past and future questions about why i post about characters i dont like.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Grim said:

" @Vance Astro: the only difference is that you LIKE the character you care about, and i dont. we both still care, our motives are just different. The good stuff is good for both of us. The bad stuff is bad for both of us.  your twisting things around. Savage Dragon is a character i dont care about. he's not important in any of the comics i read. his stories no longer interest me. As a result, i do not care about him. So i dont read his comics or talk about anything i read that he's involved in.   Sentry is majorly important in half of marvel's stories. he will probably be the center of some event. I dont like his stories, but stories that give more insight to his powers and character progression interest me a great deal. as a result, i DO care about him, so i do read his comic appearances (sometimes, cuz i dont love the guy) and comment on what happens within them.   your initial statement said i commented about characters i didnt care about, which suggested i was just mad for the sake of it. which would have implied i was b!t@#ing without a purpose. now we have established that i am mad because i  care about the characters, and i dont like where the stories are taking them.   hopefully that answered all of your past and future questions about why i post about characters i dont like. "

Yes,but there is a difference.That's the point.We were talking about LIKING the character.You don't..thus my statement.Whether you are b#tching without a purpose or not..doesn't really matter to me.
    Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#208  Edited By Maniac2312

....NEXT ISSUE.... 
    Robert wakes up to the static of the TV and says" Wow, what a dream.  No more peparinie and bacon pizza before bed." 

....and in the news today....Comic "writer" Bendis found depressed in his hot tub with a pink slip from Marvel comics at his side.  Was sent to the pshyce ward for evaluation :P
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Maniac2312 said:

" ....NEXT ISSUE.... Robert wakes up to the static of the TV and says" Wow, what a dream.  No more peparinie and bacon pizza before bed."  ....and in the news today....Comic "writer" Bendis found depressed in his hot tub with a pink slip from Marvel comics at his side.  Was sent to the pshyce ward for evaluation :P "

Did you read "Age of the Sentry".
    Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Maniac2312
    @Vance Astro:
    I did not read that, why did they delete Sentry from Marvel....again?    Doing what I wrote could wipe out the whole Bendis story's and no one would be confused by the Senty's origin because he would never have existed.........that and Marvel might be intresting again as well as readable. 

Edit to previous post:  And comic fans everywhere cheered XD
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Maniac2312 said:
    " @Vance Astro: I did not read that, why did they delete Sentry from Marvel....again?    Doing what I wrote could wipe out the whole Bendis story's and no one would be confused by the Senty's origin because he would never have existed.........that and Marvel might be intresting again as well as readable.  Edit to previous post:  And comic fans everywhere cheered XD "
    What do you mean delete Sentry from Marvel?  
    They aren't going to retcon anything Bendis wrote but if anyone is confused about Sentry's origin..it's probably because they never read his miniseries (Marvel Knights Sentry) 
    Marvel isn't any less interesting because of Bendis or because of the existence of Sentry because They have several good books that he isn't writing.It's all a matter of opinion though.
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#212  Edited By bingbangboom

In Sentry's defense... he did rip Carnage in half. :)

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Maniac2312
    @bingbangboom said:
    "In Sentry's defense... he did rip Carnage in half. :) "
    AWSOME XD  

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Maniac2312 said:
    " @Vance Astro: I did not read that, why did they delete Sentry from Marvel....again?    Doing what I wrote could wipe out the whole Bendis story's and no one would be confused by the Senty's origin because he would never have existed.........that and Marvel might be intresting again as well as readable.  Edit to previous post:  And comic fans everywhere cheered XD "
    What do you mean delete Sentry from Marvel?  They aren't going to retcon anything Bendis wrote but if anyone is confused about Sentry's origin..it's probably because they never read his miniseries (Marvel Knights Sentry) Marvel isn't any less interesting because of Bendis or because of the existence of Sentry because They have several good books that he isn't writing.It's all a matter of opinion though. "

Marvel is just harder to like because of Bendis, (maybe just me).  I know he doesn't write all the books and I'm sooo glad he's off DD, but his books do affect most of the Marvel line. 

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#214  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @bingbangboom said:
    "In Sentry's defense... he did rip Carnage in half. :) "

In Carnage's defense... Bendis didn't have him defend himself. All he did was shoot a tendril out. Lame. Carnage would've gone out like a phsyco, not a little wuss.

That and Bendis was giving Carnage this vampiric power that he CLEARLY took from the Ultimate universe. I dunno how that has to do with my above statement.... but its true. And it irritates me.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By SevanGrim

Sentry just needs to go. i'm very happy i didnt see his pretty-boy face in the "heroic age" pictures.  Maybe thor breaks his face is Siege.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#216  Edited By DMC

I'll say this much......reading Dark Avengers #13 was like watching Evangelion ReDeath all over again
    Andre Tomazini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#217  Edited By Andre Tomazini

First of, I need to say Bendis work are well above average, not, of course at Morrinson's status but way better than Waids, Loeb, etc. 

What  I believe REALLY happened with the Sentry: 

Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee had a good idea for a single marvel knights series wich PRIMARLY, NEVER was planegged to be Part of the Marvel Universe, at least, of the 616 universe (as Grant Morrinson's Marvel Boy). 

But, because the good response to the series, they brought then to the official cronology and had serious problems with the Sentry's power level (and the bullshet of anyone forgeting about him and having double personality), as with the personallity of Nor Vahr (because fill people can write as good and deep as Morrinson, also the high-tech, near cientifc-fiction aproach of the caracter are much more appealing if he was being used on Marvel's cosmic sagas whereas on earth in Dark Avengers). 

What I think about the Sentry's current status: FORGET ANYTHING ABOUT HIM: the retcom, double perssonality, etc. Probaly there is no Void or even Sentry. Reinolds, by drinking the serum, become the host of one of Marvel's deitys (the Sentry is Robert with litle control over it and the Void is it's real form). Odin Force? Infinity Gens? Some experiments with Galactus or Celestial Powers? Beyonder? A sentient Cosmic Cube as the Shaper of  Worlds or Kubic? The mutant power expelled by the Scarlet Witch? THE Scarlet Witch? I belive any one of these fits his power level as well.   

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By OhTru

@Maniac2312 said:

" @Vance Astro: I did not read that, why did they delete Sentry from Marvel....again?    Doing what I wrote could wipe out the whole Bendis story's "

Good Riddiance to Benids verse 

He's now a shock jock with lame pet characters

It started great but Avengers went off the rails and became 100 times worse than Loebverse ever could

@bingbangboom said:

" In Sentry's defense... he did rip Carnage in half. :) "

and 

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Andre Tomazini said:
    " First of, I need to say Bendis work are well above average, not, of course at Morrinson's status but way better than Waids. "
    You're kidding, right?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Bendis isn't going anywhere.

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#221  Edited By bingbangboom
    @OhTru: I guess he has a knack for that.
    Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really need to learn how to READ.... with UNDERSTANDING... Taken outa context that DID have me psionically shittin my pants for a micro-milli-second.. but its not LITERAL... (hail mary full of grace..)

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Postacrat

Sentry being god's hand at work in marvel, it's possible.  It definitely would explain the myriad of powers he's displayed as of late.  I don't care that much for the Sentry and if this is the case I don't see a reason for him to be interested in issues he's bigger than such as being a hero.  Higher beings view things entirely different from average mortals, especially devine ones.  That's what I took from that scan, sentry was making himself realize this, that's my opinion so I don't wanna get slashed over it...I'll slash back ;)

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By DEGRAAF

i just thought about it, if they want to make him a god i think he;s best explanation would be reincarnated version of the Greek God Helios. I know it doesnt explain his most recent powers he has gained but that would explain the millions exploding suns and the void could be the clashing of bob and helios beings in the same body. It would also why he stands such a good chance against the Asgardian gods and taking down Asgard. Would anyone accept this explanation? I think they should have just stuck with the million exploding suns and not the reality warping powers
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By goldenkey

stuuuuuuuuupid
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By LT1085

All the stories that Sentry has given everyone are lies, he's clearly just messing with them when he tells them these things. Isn't void supposed to be some evil mastermind as well as access to the senty's power without Bob's mental hindrance. All of this god business; I think thats just him speaking in the 3rd person solely because of Void's super-inflated ego.

Avatar image for colt_python_xvii
    Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF said:
    " i just thought about it, if they want to make him a god i think he;s best explanation would be reincarnated version of the Greek God Helios. I know it doesnt explain his most recent powers he has gained but that would explain the millions exploding suns and the void could be the clashing of bob and helios beings in the same body. It would also why he stands such a good chance against the Asgardian gods and taking down Asgard. Would anyone accept this explanation? I think they should have just stuck with the million exploding suns and not the reality warping powers "
    He's Robert Reynolds..nothing else.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @goldenkey: 
    thanks 

@Colt Python XVII:

i know i was just thinking that that would be the best god for him to portray.
    spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By spiderbuck1

what a complete clusterfuk

Explosive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Explosive
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#233  Edited By Dark Cell

lol he is clearly insain, its not supposed to be taken literally
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

<------Vance Astro was right.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#235  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Vance Astro: About what?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Vance Astro: About what? "
    About Sentry not being God or Galactus.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#237  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Vance Astro: About what? "
    About Sentry not being God or Galactus. "
    Oh right (nods).
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By SC  Moderator

lol what? Oh man, not all writers are fans of laying down characters dialogue as the law. Especially remember that Bendis isn't. 

master_wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#239  Edited By master_wright

Loved it don't care how it sounds. I love the Void because he's pure. he's looking at Lindy and thinking "Wow you are a really dumb one aren't you, I bet I can say anything and you're so scared you can't muster a thought." Loved that he chose to say that. A lot of peopple don't really understand what the Void is or how the Sentry works, Bob is the lie the Sentry is the lie, the Void is real it's about as real as it gets and Seriously all the Bendis hate that's just - look who cares name me somebody who would have wrote something better that doesn't center on a character I haven't seen overused a hundred times. And now that I think about it name a character that isn't at least six degrees from somebody whose powers come from drugs. Good luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.