Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

WTF?: Sentry is.... who?

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

Edited By SevanGrim

...i dont know what just happened. I was  skimming the newest Dark Avengers (in store) and i suddenly read something i dont think i wanted to read.

....wtf? Is this really where Sentry's crazy-massive power has been coming from? is this really where all this has been leading? There has been a bit of talk about the "other guy" having some sort of story in 2010, but is this really it?
     Idk. Part of me is hoping Marvel is pulling our chains, and another part of me will be even more pissed off if they are.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i dont have enough question marks to post that will exaggerate my WTFness enough for that right there.
    i want to call my mom and tell her i always loved her after that.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " i dont have enough question marks to post that will exaggerate my WTFness enough for that right there. i want to call my mom and tell her i always loved her after that. "
    Seriously I feel like my mind just got jumped by three different parties
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Just read it. Can't even begin to describe how many times I facepalmed during that issue.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This is one of the worst comics I ever f#ckin read.I don't think what Sentry said is true though.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro said:
    " This is one of the worst comics I ever f#ckin read.I don't think what Sentry said is true though. "
    Bendis is a complete @$$ who will take any character and throw anything that was ever said about them in the trash and write them in his own image
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vance Astro said:

" This is one of the worst comics I ever f#ckin read.I don't think what Sentry said is true though. "

I believe it's something he said for the sake of it. No real merit to it, especially seeing that it does tie neither to the opening, nor the ending, and the implications throughout it that they are a being of higher power,
    in some way.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just read it, kind of had to after that.

1. no, he's not. that was just big nasty V being all spooky like. more hyperbole.
    2. the rest of the issue...uh, yeah. anyways at least Dark Wolverine was enjoyable.

really though, i got confused for a second and thought Grant Morrison did this issue.

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Ryonslaught

SOOOOO, im the only one who enjoyed this ish?

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Calvin
    SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SwaggaB0y

<3 Sentry

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Grim said:
    ....wtf? Is this really where Sentry's crazy-massive power has been coming from? is this really where all this has been leading? There has been a bit of talk about the "other guy" having some sort of story in 2010, but is this really it?  Idk. Part of me is hoping Marvel is pulling our chains, and another part of me will be even more pissed off if they are. "

ive had the exact same feeling when i read the comic
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Man I laughed so hard reading that scan, that's definately the Void trying to think of the most powerful being he can, one of the only beings that puts fear into just about every species in the MU. Although I don't think my dislike for Bendis can get any bigger, it would have been more believable if he said he was Thanos.

*covers his mouth* oh crap I hope Bendis isn't reading these to get ideas!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Vance Astro said:

Bendis is a complete @$$ who will take any character and throw anything that was ever said about them in the trash and write them in his own image "
    I honestly don't think the Void or Sentry is Galactus.It doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense without retcons.But,yea I was aware that Bendis is a f#ck up. 

@Nova`Prime` said:

" Man I laughed so hard reading that scan, that's definately the Void trying to think of the most powerful being he can, one of the only beings that puts fear into just about every species in the MU. Although I don't think my dislike for Bendis can get any bigger, it would have been more believable if he said he was Thanos.  *covers his mouth* oh crap I hope Bendis isn't reading these to get ideas! "

That's exactly what i thought when I read this.The Void's purpose is fear.He could have been using Galactus to scare Lindy.I didn't even say WTF because I'm almost positive this is what's going on.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro: My biggest WTF is why is he a crack head? and did the Void preform all the miracles in ancient Egypt? Is he the Christian God? like WTF
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Vance Astro: My biggest WTF is why is he a crack head? and did the Void preform all the miracles in ancient Egypt? Is he the Christian God? like WTF "

He's been a crack head since his mini series.Yes..Robert Reynolds does drugs.He was a disgusting out of shape blob of a human before he took that serum.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro: I knew about the serum addiction I just did not know he was a crackhead
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @Vance Astro: I knew about the serum addiction I just did not know he was a crackhead "
    Not really a crack head.He abused plenty of drugs.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SevanGrim

to all you guys saying he was just sayin it to scare, i gotta say im not convinced.  
    i feel like this issue was going out of its way to show sentry's epic power. The whole sun thing? and that last page really was very reminiscent of Fantastic Four 2.  
    if you are right, this is probably one of those things we wont really know for sure until that story comes out. But either way, thats a really dick thing for Marvel to do.  
    Either way, this issue and that statement kinda bring the whole "Sentry is over powered/ stronger than Superman" argument 20 steps closer to being fact. Even if he's lying, Marvel is still gonna show his powers at least  close to that level until they tell us whats true. Hell. Either way, their saying he has god powers.  
    i say again: WTF?

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Precise

I can honestly say, I didn't saw that coming..

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Vance Astro said:

Bendis is a complete @$$ who will take any character and throw anything that was ever said about them in the trash and write them in his own image "
    I honestly don't think the Void or Sentry is Galactus.It doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense without retcons.But,yea I was aware that Bendis is a f#ck up. 

His entire existence is a BS retcon. they can do whatever they want with him and just say 'you cant remember, but he's always done this'.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Grim said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Vance Astro said:

His entire existence is a BS retcon. they can do whatever they want with him and just say 'you cant remember, but he's always done this'. "
    This isn't even true.Nothing from his origin has been retconned yet.Unless Sentry is in fact Galactus which i'm sure he isn't.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Grim said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Vance Astro said:

His entire existence is a BS retcon. they can do whatever they want with him and just say 'you cant remember, but he's always done this'. "
    This isn't even true.Nothing from his origin has been retconned yet.Unless Sentry is in fact Galactus which i'm sure he isn't. "
    his entire existence revolves around him haveing wiped the worlds memory and then forgeting himself. If marvel said "oh yeah, then Void re-wiped everyone's memories so they forgot He was "that guy" and thought he was Sentry' it would completely work. 
    this all comes down to exactly what portion(if any) of this issue was bull. Either he's  "him", or divine, or "he" is divine. Either way there is too much power in him, and Marvel is using him as a rug so they can drop loads of garbage and then sweep it under him.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Grim said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Grim said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Vance Astro said:

This isn't even true.Nothing from his origin has been retconned yet.Unless Sentry is in fact Galactus which i'm sure he isn't. "
    his entire existence revolves around him haveing wiped the worlds memory and then forgeting himself. If marvel said "oh yeah, then Void re-wiped everyone's memories so they forgot He was "that guy" and thought he was Sentry' it would completely work.  this all comes down to exactly what portion(if any) of this issue was bull. Either he's  "him", or divine, or "he" is divine. Either way there is too much power in him, and Marvel is using him as a rug so they can drop loads of garbage and then sweep it under him. "
    Please read his miniseries.his entire existence has nothing to do with that.They came up with that so they can pretend he existed in the classic era and they could really make him like Superman.That really has nothing to do with his story or origin though.I've already explained this to you.Sentry isn't even that powerful especially with the Void in control.He's fought several people during Dark Reign..guess how many of them he actually beat?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Grim said:
    But either way, thats a really dick thing for Marvel to do.  
    Marvel didn't do anything.Marvel publishes Dark Avengers.THEY don't write it.
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DH69

I FINALLY LIKE SENTRY!!!!! it took them turning him into a crack addict powered by god or atleast whoever was at the business end of the 10 plagues...or that black smoke from lost...ive never even watched lost, is it bad ass smoke?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By John Valentine

Possibility one of the most ridiculous twists I have ever read.  
    F&ck y"&, Marvel. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @John Valentine said:
    " Possibility one of the most ridiculous twists I have ever read.  F&ck y"&, Marvel.  "
    Too bad it's not an actual twist because the Void isn't Galactus. 
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Vance Astro: marvel aproves and denies what goes out and what stories get hreen lighted. I dont care if they let this go or it was an oversite. I still blame and hate them.

@Vance Astro said:

Please read his miniseries.his entire existence has nothing to do with that.They came up with that so they can pretend he existed in the classic era and they could really make him like Superman.That really has nothing to do with his story or origin though.I've already explained this to you.Sentry isn't even that powerful especially with the Void in control.He's fought several people during Dark Reign..guess how many of them he actually beat? "

and how many actually over powerd him in a one-on-one situation? Everyone keeps arguing his mental state was an issue.
    whatever. Hulk broke Strange while he was in full SS mode, and that same day the two of them fought to the point that they reverted back to their humanforms... except didnt Sentry just turn back and fly away? i honestly cant remeber, but if he did, that wouldkinda make it seem like he didnt actually loose all his power, he just wanted a good fight.
     my point is that even tough Sentry has lost a handful of these "situational" fights, he has yet to be truly beaten.Apparently, he's just to bored/confused/crazy to see a fight through. But Marvel has yet to show him actually loose. And all the while they keep hinting at how epic his power REALLY is, the latest hints being his wife's feeling he's tapped into god power, and that he is or is a version of one of Marvel's biggest and most consistently powerful characters.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By John Valentine
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " Possibility one of the most ridiculous twists I have ever read.  F&ck y"&, Marvel.  "
    Too bad it's not an actual twist because the Void isn't Galactus.  "
    Whatever. It's retarded. 
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @John Valentine said:

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DH69
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    "@John Valentine said:

"

DIE M NIGHT SHAMALAMALAMADING-DONG
    Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Soooo who would win in a fight GALACTUS VS SENTRY? Oh wait ...they might be the same Person....haha lame

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DH69
    @They Killed Cap! said:
    "

Soooo who would win in a fight GALACTUS VS SENTRY? Oh wait ...they might be the same Person....haha lame

"

lol and sadly they've said in the past that "they fought each other to a stand-still"
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Stormultt
    @DH69 said:
    "@They Killed Cap! said:
    "

"
    lol and sadly they've said in the past that "they fought each other to a stand-still" "

few thing's wrong with that. 

1. spidey can tend to over exaggerate at times, he may have just been surprised sentry survived that encounter. 
    2. we don't know how hungry or yet..how fed galactus was. 

Sentry is powerful but let's not twist it marvel seriously that scan is utter crap, they could've done better. 

honestly bendis probably didn't know what to do with sentry and just dumped it in galactus's lap. i like sentry but for sdome writer to pull a stunt like this has me questioning wether they even know what they're going to do with him.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By iLLituracy

He's not Galactus. Everyone can breathe easy.

He's actually God.

I wish I were joking about it, but the Void does claim to be God in the issue at least once...and the sequence in the very beginning refers to him as God.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Stormultt
    @iLLituracy:
    Now i'm officially mad. 

Why in the hell would they do that to him? 
    He had the potential to be such a goddamn good character. God..? Tha f%*$ outta here marvel. The void has got to be smoking some serious marijuana to be saying that mess.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Stormultt said:
    " @DH69 said:
    "@They Killed Cap! said:
    "

"
    lol and sadly they've said in the past that "they fought each other to a stand-still" "
    few thing's wrong with that.  1. spidey can tend to over exaggerate at times, he may have just been surprised sentry survived that encounter.
    Actually this is wrong.I've never heard Spider-Man exaggerate anything that he witnessed.Also he wasn't telling a story or anything he was talking to himself.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39  Edited By The_Martian

Where's Reed Richards and his Anti-Galactus Suit when you need it?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " Where's Reed Richards and his Anti-Galactus Suit when you need it? "
    Probably fighting the ACTUAL Galactus.
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Stormultt
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Stormultt said:
    " @DH69 said:
    "@They Killed Cap! said:
    "

"
    few thing's wrong with that.  1. spidey can tend to over exaggerate at times, he may have just been surprised sentry survived that encounter.
    Actually this is wrong.I've never heard Spider-Man exaggerate anything that he witnessed.Also he wasn't telling a story or anything he was talking to himself. "

Though i still think it was extremely bad writing we still don't know galactus's power level in that "stalemate" or whatever you wanna call it.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Stormultt said:
    " @iLLituracy: Now i'm officially mad.  Why in the hell would they do that to him? He had the potential to be such a goddamn good character. God..? Tha f%*$ outta here marvel. The void has got to be smoking some serious marijuana to be saying that mess. "
    It's possible that the Void is deluding Robert or deluded himself into believing he's God [whatever approached back in Biblical times DID look like the Void, though], but the whole issue is about how his origin is unbelievable and that the serum made him something bigger than himself or something bigger than anyone could comprehend [possibly something bigger than the serum should have made him, I think]. I don't think he's actually GOD, but he did say he was a few times throughout the issue.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Stormultt said:
    Though i still think it was extremely bad writing we still don't know galactus's power level in that "stalemate" or whatever you wanna call it. "
    Maybe he can't stalemate Galactus but until more is revealed about the situation I don't understand why people are so quick to shoot it down.
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stormultt
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Stormultt said:
    Though i still think it was extremely bad writing we still don't know galactus's power level in that "stalemate" or whatever you wanna call it. "
    Maybe he can't stalemate Galactus but until more is revealed about the situation I don't understand why people are so quick to shoot it down. "

Understand this, I never shot it down. I said stalemate so horridly because some people made it seem like galactus was at full power on his knee's fighting sentry.....which i don't think that would ever be the case...unless he is "god".
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Stormultt
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @Stormultt said:
    " @iLLituracy: Now i'm officially mad.  Why in the hell would they do that to him? He had the potential to be such a goddamn good character. God..? Tha f%*$ outta here marvel. The void has got to be smoking some serious marijuana to be saying that mess. "
    It's possible that the Void is deluding Robert or deluded himself into believing he's God [whatever approached back in Biblical times DID look like the Void, though], but the whole issue is about how his origin is unbelievable and that the serum made him something bigger than himself or something bigger than anyone could comprehend [possibly something bigger than the serum should have made him, I think]. I don't think he's actually GOD, but he did say he was a few times throughout the issue.

"

Lol that sorta looks interesting, but i agree with your theory i think the void is somehow feeding mental drugs to him making him believe that. Or it may be so that the void itself actually believes it deep down too. 

Nevertheless i know some people may like this mentally broke down man. But i want a stable minded sentry using both his and void's powers.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Stormultt said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Stormultt said:
    Maybe he can't stalemate Galactus but until more is revealed about the situation I don't understand why people are so quick to shoot it down. "
    Understand this, I never shot it down. I said stalemate so horridly because some people made it seem like galactus was at full power on his knee's fighting sentry.....which i don't think that would ever be the case...unless he is "god". "
    I was speaking in general.I wasn't talking about you.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Martian

I just don't get Sentry. Its like they are just throwing random crap in his story just for the sake of doing it.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " I just don't get Sentry. Its like they are just throwing random crap in his story just for the sake of doing it. "
    It's not Sentry it's Bendis.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " I just don't get Sentry. Its like they are just throwing random crap in his story just for the sake of doing it. "
    It's not Sentry it's Bendis. "
    I know its Bendis, but I don't get his character due to what they have done to him.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    It's not Sentry it's Bendis. "
    I know its Bendis, but I don't get his character due to what they have done to him. "
    I get his character.I'll make an updated "Sentry is more powerful than you think thread" but not try to prove his power but explain things about his character.I mean there are still people who actually think he has the power of a million suns.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.