will the sentry ever come back?

#1 Posted by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought the sentry was a cool hero, could have been written a BIT better but hey, all around he wasnt that bad. now will marvel bring him back? and if so when?
#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say split his powers up among a few people. That'd be interesting.

#3 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

i never liked him, i got the whole thing that he was a normal guy who cracked aftrer gaining superman like powers, but still didn't think he should of been a hero or a villian, the illuminate should of taken care of him

#4 Posted by KingSolomon (161 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see him come back but with a consistent set of powers... or mabey make him pull the whole im going to explore the universe fight silver surfer and elementals and talk wisdom with galatcus, mabey skirmish with beta ray bill. Or heck Sentry could chill with thanos that would be an awsome mix... since they hinted he was the angel of death... I would read it.

#5 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love for Sentry to come back
just never let Bendis touch him again

#6 Posted by PirateKing69 (4290 posts) - - Show Bio

I want him back and be consistent

#7 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

theyd need him at a nice consistant power level cause everyone knows when a character gets to powerful he either dies soon, gets depowered, or he cant stay on earth and goes around the universe for a while till something happens to him

#8 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

oh he will be back its a comic book character after all im just not exited for his return
#9 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he was ok in everything before bendis got a hold of him...no it was untill he became a badguy and joined the dark avengers like a punkass >_<
#10 Posted by exhyni9 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

he got to overpowered to fast

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
" I thought he was ok in everything before bendis got a hold of him...no it was untill he became a badguy and joined the dark avengers like a punkass >_< "
You speak the truth!

He should be brought back by either Paul Jenkins or me, everyone else, don't touch him.
#12 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Theworldbreaker said:
" I thought he was ok in everything before bendis got a hold of him...no it was untill he became a badguy and joined the dark avengers like a punkass >_< "
You speak the truth!  He should be brought back by either Paul Jenkins or me, everyone else, don't touch him. "
#13 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Theworldbreaker said:
You speak the truth!  He should be brought back by either Paul Jenkins or me, everyone else, don't touch him. "
"
Haha, nice :P
#14 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:   Agreed! thoug i do think if JMS ever came back he would do an outstanding job like he always does....just saying.
#15 Posted by Snickersss (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see him come back, and he probably will. If he does come though back then he had better not just be pawn of someone like Stark or Osborn again. He is too powerful to just manipulated by someone.
#16 Posted by JediXMan (29280 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis screwed him over. He had a bit of potential, but he became annoying. 

I don't want him to come back - but he will. You know he will.

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:   Agreed! thoug i do think if JMS ever came back he would do an outstanding job like he always does....just saying. "
Yeah, JMS or Morrison would be great with the character, imo.
#18 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

i was thinking could the super soldier thing of messed his head up cause theres been a few people who have taken the normal version and gone crazy.
#19 Posted by PowerHerc (80692 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep.  He's a comic character, so it's only a matter of when - not if.
#20 Posted by HellionVulcan (3604 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want him to come back everything about him was done awful well beyond that & sentry fallen son wow made sentry & most marvel characters even worse trying to make sentry apart of marvel history ,stay gone marvel should do more things with Hyperion or Gladiator on the main marvel earth both guy are better done & have alot more worth to them .

#21 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

almos every hero in the marvel universe has been brought back and sentry was a big hit so plans are he'll be back just to die again and come back and repeat this process for awhile until he only see Sentry as a minor character who is easily killed and forgotten about :( dam thts depressing

#22 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually dont consider the sentry to be dead.. considering that their is a fragment of the void hanging around  Scott Summers  Head in a mental prison it obviously means that  the sentry wasnt completely dead at the end of siege.  just think how many other parts of the sentry or the void could be  hanging around ?

#23 Posted by cennobite (365 posts) - - Show Bio

If he does ever come back as well as having a more consistent power level he also really needs to get his head sorted out, the whole messed up mind thing has been done to death with him. Oh and also maybe he should have a kid. A youngster with similar powers would be interesting. 

#24 Posted by SC (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

You can never get rid of crabs. Sad but true. 

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32129 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so, I think it would be kind of cool if they brought him in to cosmic marvel and have him try and find redemption.

#26 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

like to see him back one day
#27 Posted by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio

the story is done 

KEEP SENTRY DEAD

#28 Posted by avengpymhawk (370 posts) - - Show Bio

gawd...I hope not...Stay dead
#29 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

He died in Siege #4, how long ago was that.

#30 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86: 1-2 years, I guess.

He had his final issue "Fallen Sun", where you could clearly see hints of his return. CLOC wanting to build the watchtower on a secret location and wait for Sentrys return, Sentrys diary with the special last line on page 19...
That sounds like a plan to me.

Maybe Paul Jenkins will start writing him again, when he finds the time. In an interview he stated that he enjoyed writing about Sentry. Enjoyed it far more then writing about someone like Superman who had clear limits, but with Sentry he could go nuts and do everything he imagined - and he did a good job with it.
#31 Posted by Billy Batson (57705 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not but he will. They always come back. Just look at Barry Allen.

BB

#32 Posted by TheBesrkr1016 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no problem with The Sentry, but he should stay dead. Look at how he died. The man got his head smashed by Thor, and then his corpse was thrown into the sun. For anyone else that would be overkill. Also, if marvel was to bring be back characters from the dead, there a lot of other character, who are WAY more interesting, that they can choose.

#33 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Yep. He'll be back in a couple of years.
#34 Posted by Lonestar88 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be surprised if Sentry came back anytime soon, the response to him was overwhelmingly negative, especially when Bendis got a hold of him. And that Sentry: Fallen Sun special was one of the worst things I've ever read

#35 Posted by The V0id (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course the Sentry is coming back.

Don't you remember when CLOC said he was going to rebuild the watchtower and that anyone who would come near it would be met with hostile aggression? He also gave Mr. Fantastic Sentry's diary and told him to read the final sentence on page 19, the contents of which we still don't know about.

#36 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.