Who would you like to write him?

#1 Edited by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

If Marvel brought Sentry back, which writer would you like to write the character?

#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone short of Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Mark Millar (writing gods). Could redeem the character to most people.

#3 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Did you ever like the character?
#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
I don't think anyone short of Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Mark Millar (writing gods). Could redeem the character to most people.
But even with this...it would take some time for people to warm back up to his character.
Would like to see him have a costume change as well.
#5 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula: Did you ever like the character?
I don't like him or hate him. He was just there. Never really cared about him one way or another.
#6 Posted by Kairan1979 (16745 posts) - - Show Bio

No one.

#7 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Okay.
#8 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are a list of possible writers: 1) Jonathan Hickman 2) Kieron Gillen 3) Rick Remender 4) Mike Carey

#9 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Me. 

Kidding! 

Hmm. . . . (goes to cross-reference style of writers with previous works and the sheer awesomesauce that Sentry was) 

My results conclude that anyone that isn't Bendis would be perfect! ^_^

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

FadeToBlackBolt.

#11 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
FadeToBlackBolt.
#12 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: yessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#13 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiddevil: Haha, thank you ^_^
#14 Posted by SuperXAsh (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Paul Jenkins handled him well, just give Sentry to someone like him. Alan Moore's already handled a Superman pastiche, (Supreme) so I doubt he'd do it again. Frank Miller's gone off the deep end, so I wouldn't trust him to come up with anything worth a shit now. But I wouldn't mind giving him to Mark Millar.

#15 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Paul Jenkins, Paul Jenkins, or possibly Paul Jenkins.

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperXAsh said:
Paul Jenkins handled him well, just give Sentry to someone like him. Alan Moore's already handled a Superman pastiche, (Supreme) so I doubt he'd do it again. Frank Miller's gone off the deep end, so I wouldn't trust him to come up with anything worth a shit now. But I wouldn't mind giving him to Mark Millar.
Mark Millar doesn't know how to write anything with subtlety. The Sentry needs a deft touch, or you get Siege.
#17 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee for me, since he is describing his heroes heroicly and old school.
He would just have to stay away from cosmic opponents and stuff like that, but I know that that's hard with Sentrys godlike powers, so I guess that cosmic opponents would still be okay, but they should be humanoids on the earth and stuff like that... I guess.

However: Stan Lee

#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

I literally came in here to say FTBB

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

FadeToBlackBolt.

#19 Posted by Squares (5827 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's been written pretty nicely so far, why not just use the people who've already written for him?

#20 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squares said:
I think he's been written pretty nicely so far, why not just use the people who've already written for him?
because after a while one starts feeling bad for even comic characters.
#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squares
Because Bendis did an absolutely terrible job. That doesn't even really begin to cover it.
#22 Posted by Squares (5827 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: That didn't make sense.
#23 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squares said:
@Kallarkz: That didn't make sense.
*checks writing* yup it did =) 
people felt bad for Sentry when he was put in Bendis' hands. He did not do a good job at all. 
He was a great character with much potential..but was torn down by bad writers.
#24 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Mike Carey.
Carey's synonymous with fixing characters.

#25 Posted by Squares (5827 posts) - - Show Bio

I revise my previous statement, Bendis was horrible. As long as it isn't him or Morrison, I'm good.

#26 Posted by Jack Attack (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurt Busiek (Because he can write anything as good as the best people for that character), Grant Morrison (for some real trippy Sh**), Dan Abnett (the man is not afraid of handling cosmic power), Jon Ostrander (the dude can make me feel like I can relate to The Spectre), are just those off of the top of my head. Though, to be honest, all of them are authors that have a refreshing *lack* of cynicism (unlike people like Mark Waid or Warren Ellis), so it would be mostly for a fresh take on Robert instead of a re-hash of 'what has gone before'. I mean, the man has the power to confront Gods when he goes full throttle, holy f***. The idea of putting him to where he has to get back into the swing of things, may want to figure out what the status quo is within the Marvelverse, and build back up his formidable reputation. The man SCREAMS potential for a fresh start by nature of just about everything to him. Holy hell, WHY DID THEY KILL HIM???

#27 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

I literally came in here to say FTBB

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

FadeToBlackBolt.

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53: Haha, thanks mate ^__^ 
#29 Posted by Billy Batson (57976 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis. 

BB

#30 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

Bendis. 

BB

Dude. I was going to say Bendis >.<. 
...FTBB would do a good job. Then again I think a dog can do a better job than Bendis for most Comic Fans...
#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: Have you read my Sentry fan-fic series? It'd give you an idea of what I'd like to do with the character. 
#32 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@ReVamp: Have you read my Sentry fan-fic series? It'd give you an idea of what I'd like to do with the character. 
*To No one in general* LOL. The world has its own irony. This week, around 6 people got me to look at their Fan Fics. Before this week I had never read any. I'm on fire. 
*To FTBB* No but I'd love to. Could you link me one? Thanks.
#33 Posted by naresh80 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone short of Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Mark Millar (writing gods). Could redeem the character to most people.I don't think anyone short of Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Mark Millar (writing gods). Could redeem the character to most people.

Download Ghost Rider Movie
#34 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian Michael Bendis

LOL j/k. He's a horrible writer.

#35 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (523 posts) - - Show Bio

A group of modern day super-powered teenagers (similar to the Legion of Superheroes) go back in time to meet the hero who inspired them when he was their age. The find Robert Reynolds shortly after he received his powers (but prior to his brainwashing by The General), when his abilities are still in their infancy. Together they have silver-age style adventures in the present day as well as the past. The pathos of the character develops over time as he comes to learn his fated descent into madness and his (apparent) death at the hands of Thor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.