Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Who in Marvel can Take on a Bloodlusted Death Seed Sentry?

• 66 results
    BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@realitywarper: Don't yell at me my friend but Thanos should win (in my opinion).

A SS fighting using all his abilities may win too.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@realitywarper:

Where in the scan you posted does it dismiss the fact that Death(Abstract) was absent in the Cancerverse? And its also one of the reasons why the people from the Cancerverse wanted to invade the 616 universe to take out 616 Death. Also iirc the Necropsy ritual is what caused Mistress Death to be absent in the Cancerverse in the first place. Lord Mar-Vell was using it to try and destroy her.That is why Thanos was sent to the Cancerverse in the first place, because he was the Avatarof Death.

No Caption Provided

^^^The ritual taking out Cancerverse version of Death.

So yeah it does have to do with the Sentry's immortality. We can agree-disagree...

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By RealityWarper

@earthsmightiest said:

@realitywarper:

Not how I recall it. Lord Mar-Vell killed his Universes Avatar of Death (Thanos) which killed their abstract Death which is why he wanted to slay 616 Thanos in the ritual thereby killing 616 Death.

No Caption Provided

@bullpr said:

@realitywarper: Don't yell at me my friend but Thanos should win (in my opinion).

A SS fighting using all his abilities may win too.

@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

@realitywarper:

Where in the scan you posted does it dismiss the fact that Death(Abstract) was absent in the Cancerverse? And its also one of the reasons why the people from the Cancerverse wanted to invade the 616 universe to take out 616 Death. Also iirc the Necropsy ritual is what caused Mistress Death to be absent in the Cancerverse in the first place. Lord Mar-Vell was using it to try and destroy her.That is why Thanos was sent to the Cancerverse in the first place, because he was the Avatarof Death.

No Caption Provided

^^^The ritual taking out Cancerverse version of Death.

So yeah it does have to do with the Sentry's immortality. We can agree-disagree...

So to give a common answer :

If I understand this in the good way :

1. Thanos is the Avatar of Death.
    2. The Cancerverse destroyed (well Lord Mar-vell did it) Death in his Universe via using the Necropsy ritual via sacrificing the Avatar of death in his Universe.
    3. People keep resurecting in the Cancerverse thanks to the Necropsy ritual, the absence of Death and the Chtonic entities (Hi Lovecraft's lore rip-off).
    4. Death already exist in the Marvel-616 Universe and Sentry keep resurecting, even killed by a guy above Cosmic Cube beings.
    5. Sentry is more powerful than Owen Reece who totally overshadows Thanos.

How can Thanos kill Sentry in the first place or even match him ?

We saw Sentry coming back from a total body destruction / atomization.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper:

So you're essentially saying Sentry is above abstract Death? Not trolling or anything, just want to be clear and hear your view.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: just gonna give you heads up.... you should probably just avoid talking about sentry with him, you'll be filled with wank and misinformation.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RealityWarper

@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

@realitywarper:

So you're essentially saying Sentry is above abstract Death? Not trolling or anything, just want to be clear and hear your view.

Nope.

Thanos, even being the Avatar of Death, isn't on par with her.

My point is that Sentry is immortal in an Universe whom knows death.

To argue in favor of Thanos the point would be to show him killing a true immortal in the 616-Universe.

The Cancerverse is a different Universe with different rules than the Earth-616.

@rpgesus said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: just gonna give you heads up.... you should probably just avoid talking about sentry with him, you'll be filled with wank and misinformation.

We are waiting for you to give the good information...

*EDIT*

Well, you know NOTHING about The Sentry Sodam Yat.

Kavma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: how is that an insult? of course i don't know much about sentry why would i waste any time,money, energy on such a shitty character.... also kinda weird to see your still talking about sodam yat for some reason....?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: You are the one who called me out first in a thread and insulted The Sentry.

I'm not concerned by your feelings in any way.

You are the one going in threads about a character that you hate and crying that he is not that powerful.

I'm just kidding when I say that you are Sodam Yat.

You are far worse than him.

Congratulations.

That's a performance in itself.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@realitywarper:

Nope.

No one is saying that. Of course Thanos is not on par with lady Death. You mentioned Sentry beating Molecule Man who is above cosmic cube beings and so I asked you were you saying Sentry is above Death.

There are many people "immortals" in 616 Marvel Universe such as Deadpool, Ghost Riders, Dark Phoenix, Dormammu, etc. And yet if Death chooses they can die too. She's Death... Being "immortal" can be a misnomer because there have been many people "immortal" who have died.

To argue in favor of Thanos the point would be to show him killing a true immortal in the 616-Universe.

The Cancerverse is a different Universe with different rules than the Earth-616.

The only difference with the Cancerverse and Earth-616 is that the Cancerverse had no abstract Death. And to argue for Sentry you have to show if his power source is above Death's. This is why I asked you do you think the Sentry is above Death? Thanos is the Avatar of Death similar to how Jean is an avatar for the Phoenix.

Avatar image for cpt_facepuncher
    Cpt_FacePuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy Prime via sub atomic heat vision.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry is a true immortal of the 616 Universe, just NO, if that statement was remotely true then why didn't the God Sentry resurrect himself three days after the events of Siege? It took the Apocalypse Twins using a Celestial Death Seed to bring him back to life.

Yes, he survived being deatomized by the Molecule Man but that just means he has similar power set to Owen and can function on semi-conscious level, big deal so can Dr. Manhattan.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper:

Nope.

No one is saying that. Of course Thanos is not on par with lady Death. You mentioned Sentry beating Molecule Man who is above cosmic cube beings and so I asked you were you saying Sentry is above Death.

There are many people "immortals" in 616 Marvel Universe such as Deadpool, Ghost Riders, Dark Phoenix, Dormammu, etc. And yet if Death chooses they can die too. She's Death... Being "immortal" can be a misnomer because there have been many people "immortal" who have died.

The only difference with the Cancerverse and Earth-616 is that the Cancerverse had no abstract Death. And to argue for Sentry you have to show if his power source is above Death's. This is why I asked you do you think the Sentry is above Death? Thanos is the Avatar of Death similar to how Jean is an avatar for the Phoenix.

I didn't say that Sentry is above Death, not at all.

I guess, she can do it because her power-level is above those guys but in my opinion Death can't kill guys like The Ivory Kings because she was below them in terms of power-level.

I think that every being can kill a being below him in power-level if he can manipulate his life-force.

Post-retcon Owen could kill post-retcon Beyonder because he was able to manipulate his life force.

Thanos, even being an Avatar of Death, don't have the power to put Robert Reynolds down.

That's jut my opinion.

Sorry if I haven't been very clear about it.

English isn't my first language and I'm trying my best to accurately explain my point of view.

My point is that in the 616-Universe when people die it's once and for all because Death exist in the 616-Universe, the ability of Thanos to delivers permanent death in the Cancerverse was because Death (the concept) no longer existed and Thanos brought it back. That means that, except if that's proved otherwise, Thanos has not an additional power in the 616-Universe as people usually dies, so he will not be capable to kill the Sentry for good.

Sentry is a true immortal of the 616 Universe, just NO, if that statement was remotely true then why didn't the God Sentry resurrect himself three days after the events of Siege? It took the Apocalypse Twins using a Celestial Death Seed to bring him back to life.

Yes, he survived being deatomized by the Molecule Man but that just means he has similar power set to Owen and can function on semi-conscious level, big deal so can Dr. Manhattan.

Sentry chosen to stay "dead" in the Sun.

He was feeling guilty about all the people he killed and wanted to stay dead.

The Life Seed gives the target a totally new persona and bring him back to life and the Death Seed changes his persona to the one of the Horseman of Death.

They just forced his resurection.

He basically lowered his durability / cut his ability to absorb energy to stay "dead" in the Sun and even then he was constantly regenerating.

Against Morgana La Fay he was able to survive a time-kill.

Against Molecule Man he was capable to come back after Owen disintegrated him totally 3 times.

You have to know that Molecule Man's powers maintain the molecules that he manipulated in the same state even he is unconscious that means that in order to come back and to overpower him his power has to be greater than Molecule Man's power.

Just read the full description of his powers.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper:

I didn't say that Sentry is above Death, not at all.

My bad then.

Thanos, even being an Avatar of Death, don't have the power to put Robert Reynolds down.

We're not too sure about that. At best we can agree to disagree. Like I said many times we don't know Sentry's true limits or the source of his powers. But to me Avatar of Death Thanos seems like one of the likest candidates, but again we are not too sure. We'll just have to wait and see more from the Sentry.

My point is that in the 616-Universe when people die it's once and for all because Death exist in the 616-Universe, the ability of Thanos to delivers permanent death in the Cancerverse was because Death (the concept) no longer existed and Thanos brought it back. That means that, except if that's proved otherwise, Thanos has not an additional power in the 616-Universe as people usually dies, so he will not be capable to kill the Sentry for good.

"My point is that in the 616-Universe when people die it's once and for all because Death exist in the 616-Universe," false. There have been many people who died in 616-Universe and came back to life. It happens all the time. And again no, where is it dismissed that Death the abstract was killed in the Cancerverse. The absence of Death(abstract) is why people couldn't die. It was the ritual that made Death absent. Every source I read on the Cancerverse and Thanos Imperative mentions that and when they refer to Death, they are referring to the abstract. I already showed you a scan too. Yes Thanos does have additional power in 616. He is STILL the Avatar of Death. Past poster @killemall posted facts proving that he is still Avatar of Death. Again the reason why Thanos was sent to the Cancerverse was, because he was the Avatar of Death, he had the ability to kill immortal beings in general. The reason why the people of the Cancerverse wanted to invade 616-Universe was because the 616 still had Death(abstract). It had nothing to do with the concept of Death, but the abstract Death and was the reason why Lord Mar-Vell tried to kill 616 Death...

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RealityWarper

We're not too sure about that. At best we can agree to disagree. Like I said many times we don't know Sentry's true limits or the source of his powers. But to me Avatar of Death Thanos seems like one of the likest candidates, but again we are not too sure. We'll just have to wait and see more from the Sentry.

The point is that, being an avatar of death or not, Thanos don't have the power to put Sentry down.

"My point is that in the 616-Universe when people die it's once and for all because Death exist in the 616-Universe," false.

There have been many people who died in 616-Universe and came back to life. It happens all the time. And again no, where is it dismissed that Death the abstract was killed in the Cancerverse. The absence of Death(abstract) is why people couldn't die.

That's what I'm saying. People are capable to come back in the 616-Universe even with the presence of the embodiement of Death.

It was the ritual that made Death absent. Every source I read on the Cancerverse and Thanos Imperative mentions that and when they refer to Death, they are referring to the abstract. I already showed you a scan too.

I got it. Maybe both are indissociable.

Yes Thanos does have additional power in 616. He is STILL the Avatar of Death. Past poster @killemall posted facts proving that he is still Avatar of Death. Again the reason why Thanos was sent to the Cancerverse was, because he was the Avatar of Death, he had the ability to kill immortal beings in general. The reason why the people of the Cancerverse wanted to invade 616-Universe was because the 616 still had Death(abstract). It had nothing to do with the concept of Death, but the abstract Death and was the reason why Lord Mar-Vell tried to kill 616 Death...

The presence of Death (abstract) bring the concept of death into the Universe he comocs in.

That's why I think that Thanos being the avatar of Death will not change the outcome, Sentry can already cheat death in the 616-Universe.

Except if Death (abstract) comes in and kill him this will not happen.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thanos is and has always been considered an avatar of Death. Even recently during Secret Wars # 2 the arrival of Thanos on Battleworld gave king Thor the feeling that Death itself has arrived.

If Thanos manages to kill Sentry, his resurrection isn't going to count for much. But can he that's the problem.

My ideas on this has always rather been odds with a lot of people on comicvine. I honestly don't think Thanos can kill Sentry when he is operating at his best. But if he somehow managed to Sentry probably wont be coming back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.