What it would take 2 beat “the Void”

#1 Posted by sidetrack (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve read stuff about “the Void” from the comics & looked up what it might b.Like how it’s Reynolds real personality,his “superhumanity” having eroded his humanity leading to a “void” in his life, a normal division btw good & bad in any normal person,a “mind virus” originally put in by Mastermind or from Norman Osbourne said in Siege #4 & is something similar 2 what  the Sentry’ wife Lindy might have been getting at “the Angel of death” .The fact that it’s more powerful in the “Negative zone” kind o’tells u something that might help but I cant think o’anything.

If he’s just really powerful you might have 2 get Mr.Fantastic's Ultimate nulliffier

People wise this might require Squirrel girl (seriously) since she’s supposedly taken out Baron Mordo,Korvac,Pluto,Thanos ,Terrax the tamer & Ego the living planet

Omega level mutants.I’m thinking

Elixer

Legion

Franklin Richards( I don’t think reality manipulation is really one of “the Void’s) powers.Though I doubt R. Richards would agree 2 it

& mayb the High evolutionary

If  “the Void’s” beyond them then I’m guessing  you’d  need heavy  hitters on a cosmic scale.I’m thinking

the Impossible man (who might be able 2 copy “the Voids” abilities)

Galactus (in the “What if” story “the Void” destroys Earth like this certain planet eater)

,the Phoenix Force (unfortunately it might b hard 2 contact it)

a Celestial,

the entities Eternity or Infinity,

the in betweener,

a Beyonder u could get on the good guy’s side

and maybe even the Living Tribunal if it gets 2b that bad.

But seeing as how the Watcher never appeared (I think) before or during the Siege to explain about “the Void” in the Sentry I don’t think it could go that far.If yer then man Marvel has some explaiing 2 do.

If it’s something else supernatural like say a demon (in which there some characters that can handle that I guess) but if it’s the “Angel of Death” [which I doubt it is] then…hmm…the only thing I could see that could remedy that is Angel from the X-men(supposedly a descendant of Cheyarafim,angelic like mutants) or the Spectre,Zauriel and possibly the Phantom Stranger (who might be an angel) from DC comics.If they were to encounter “the Void” then (if it is “the Angel of Death”) they would probably try to like communicate with it and then take it out Rob Reynolds.However if throw DC character u can like make another list with other characters like say Mr. Mxyzptlk.

You know if “the Void” was like cosmic scale powerful I’m kind o’surprised they did’nt have him around in “Chaos war”

#2 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

WorldBreaker Hulk

Odin

Zues

Current Silver Surfer

and 24 hour sun dipped Superman (probrobly) if that wasn't enough than enhanced with white Kryptonite.

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

A helicarrier.

#4 Posted by sidetrack (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Forgot 2 mention the Vishanti,powerful magic beings

#5 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

elixir with all his potential power he could turn sentry in to a  bunny rabbit :)

#6 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's hammer killed him, Ms Marvel KO'ed a Void powered Sentry

Void wasn't all powerful its just that Bendis is a drug user and would write random nonsense in his comics

#7 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

One above all.

#8 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there's a few other reality-altering characters that might be able to take on the Sentry/Void. Molecule Man lost to him, but what about Franklin Richards or Proteus?

#9 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
I think there's a few other reality-altering characters that might be able to take on the Sentry/Void. Molecule Man lost to him, but what about Franklin Richards or Proteus?
Would probably lose aswell.
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the people above are wrong.  

The only people who could beat the Sentry (classic Sentry, not raped Bendis Sentry), are high level reality warpers. Scarlet Witch and above, that's it. 

#11 Posted by jubeiyagyuX (121 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
A helicarrier.
#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
A helicarrier.
We have a winner.
#13 Posted by Dernman (14016 posts) - - Show Bio

Dernman can take him.

#14 Posted by ssejllenrad (12782 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
A helicarrier.
Almost 4 months old and still the best answer here.
#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27379 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis needs to be filleted for what he did to The Sentry... 

#16 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer Thor Helicarrier..lol The void and the sentry and Robert himself are the same. Robert created two split personalities, sentry and void, and each one were given powers ,etc... The thing is, if Robert was not insane then he would have both the powers of the void and sentry because they are actually him. Legion is similar.

#17 Posted by fivestarga (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Void cutting loose is pretty much undefeatable by your standard heroes like Hulk and Thor. I know those two are fan favorites and after reading WWH some people think Hulk is the strongest there is and all that jazz but the reality of it is if you rip Hulk in half or throw Hulk in the sun he's a dead. Throw Sentry/Void in the sun and he'll be back after lunch. Bendis wrote himself into a corner with seige when a weakened Void was killed by Thor's lightning. Robert Reynolds had enough humanity in himself that he wanted to die and accepted it. That being said he'll be back after lunch, which should be over soon for him.  

And the only person who answered this correctly and understands what the character is and what it would take to beat him is FadeToBlackBolt. FTBB continues to earn my respect with his logic driven arguments. Hail!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.