Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

what is going to happen to the void? (SPOILER ALERT)

Ratatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ratatat

so i read the next part of the sentry vs thor comic and rob said the void got bored of the cycle of dying and being revived and left to the white hot room...i have a real bad feeling about this....

GoldenGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds strange to me, i always thought that sentry and void were representations of bob's mind, and comics always supported this theory (in particular sentry's 2nd mini). We saw sentry get rid of the void before, when he threw him in the sun, but the void eventually came back.
    I think that bob confined the void in the white hot room exactly the way he confined him in a room of the watchtower before (in which there were just a chair and a mirror), he is not an actual being, he his a state of mind, and he will come back, sure thing.

Ratatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds strange to me, i always thought that sentry and void were representations of bob's mind, and comics always supported this theory (in particular sentry's 2nd mini). We saw sentry get rid of the void before, when he threw him in the sun, but the void eventually came back.

I think that bob confined the void in the white hot room exactly the way he confined him in a room of the watchtower before (in which there were just a chair and a mirror), he is not an actual being, he his a state of mind, and he will come back, sure thing.

tell that to remender

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't't Cyclops have a piece of the Void stuck In him? Maybe it would go to him.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath:

same thing i was gonna say either him or emma or psylocke i don't quite remember, but i see him coming back through that. I think the void just went in seclusion in robert's mind though waiting for the time to unleash again.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tendrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I do wonder if they're going to involve the Void, and the Void SHard in Cyclops' head, in some way as their way of stopping the Sentry, but it seems like having Bob stop himself /again/ might be a bit much. How Remender will 'handle' the Sentry is a real big open question. I hope he has more plans for him than to just knock him down again.

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

For a long time now I have wanted a writer to come in and explain that the reason cyclops is such a dick now is because of that piece of the void. I hate what they have done to cyclops and this is a massive get out of jail free card. but these books have no continuity with each other. once a run is done the next writer just ignores everything the previous guy built. Remender, Fraction and Bendis are prime examples of this. (The Bor thing still makes me angry.)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

@scuzz2_0 said:

For a long time now I have wanted a writer to come in and explain that the reason cyclops is such a dick now is because of that piece of the void. I hate what they have done to cyclops and this is a massive get out of jail free card. but these books have no continuity with each other. once a run is done the next writer just ignores everything the previous guy built. Remender, Fraction and Bendis are prime examples of this. (The Bor thing still makes me angry.)

I thought the downfall of Cyclops was because of when he was the host to Apocalypse? I don't recall when a piece of the void went into Cyclops though to be honest.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scuzz2_0 said:

I thought the downfall of Cyclops was because of when he was the host to Apocalypse? I don't recall when a piece of the void went into Cyclops though to be honest.

During the Utopia crossover Emma used her telepathy to supress the Void long enough for the Sentry to take control and flee. She couldn't hold it back and instinctively changed into her diamond state. When she did, a piece of the void was trapped in her head, unable to rejoin the larger whole because of Emma's diamond form. Psylocke and Xavier helped Scott to free Emma from the void, but the sliver just went from Emma's head into Scott's. Scott then used a black box (taught to him by Jean Grey) to trap that sliver in his mind permanently. This was during Fraction's run on Uncanny X-Men.

Although to be honest it is very likely that merging with Apocalypse, followed up by the stresses of having to supress a splinter of absolute evil, keep an entire species of your friends and loved ones alive in the face of genocidal hatred (looking at you Purifiers), and finally being possessed by a cosmic firebird has pushed Scott over the edge. I've seen villains with less complicated reasons for doing what they do.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@raggedscarecrow: Ah yes, how could I forget that. That definitely could do it. Scott's just had a ton of crap done to him, you can't blame him for turning out the way he did.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.