Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

the stongest in marvel universe?!

• 128 results
    Malvor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Malvor

Vance Astro says:

"DeathValley Warriors says:
    "Hulk"

Didn't you read the post above.Are my posts f#ckin invisible?"

Astro your just full of anger, its okay calm down, I think Glactus sits pretty high.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Malvor says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "DeathValley Warriors says:
    "Hulk"
    Didn't you read the post above.Are my posts f#ckin invisible?"
    Astro your just full of anger, its okay calm down, I think Glactus sits pretty high."

I'm not full of anger.I hate it when people disregard all posts and say something random.

Porter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Porter

spider2dfly says:

"it has been recognize by spider-man and a shield agent that SENTRY is by far, the strongest in the marvel universe, the second being the HULK and third is BLACK BOLT. that being said, how can you consider that kind of ranking without another superhero that was created to match the hulk, namely, THOR? and in "the new avengers," SENTRY boasted that he has the power of a million exploding sun. Yet in the "mighty avengers," he couldn't carry a whole shield helicarrier without the help of MS. MARVEL & WONDER MAN.. i mean, what's that all about?!"

The Sentry holds back and restrains his power so that he does not hurt anyone.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By warlock360

I was thinking that maybe hes powers go along with his mental instability the more aware he gets of himself the stronger, and the more confused the weaker.... but just maybe

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Porter says:

"spider2dfly says:
    "it has been recognize by spider-man and a shield agent that SENTRY is by far, the strongest in the marvel universe, the second being the HULK and third is BLACK BOLT. that being said, how can you consider that kind of ranking without another superhero that was created to match the hulk, namely, THOR? and in "the new avengers," SENTRY boasted that he has the power of a million exploding sun. Yet in the "mighty avengers," he couldn't carry a whole shield helicarrier without the help of MS. MARVEL & WONDER MAN.. i mean, what's that all about?!"
    The Sentry holds back and restrains his power so that he does not hurt anyone. "

No he doesn't.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By warlock360

Vance Astro says:

"Porter says:
    "spider2dfly says:
    The Sentry holds back and restrains his power so that he does not hurt anyone. "

No he doesn't."

actually yes he does

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By avengpymhawk

To me I have disliked this character from the very beginning. I just hope that this guy goes in a coma, like real soon. He is too much of a glory hound and likes to throw everybody in the sun.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By POHOCOM

Among humanoid earth dwellers, until proven, the top three would be Juggernaut (strength is unlimited fueled by magic), Hulk (strength limit has not yet been seen), and probably Thor, Sentry or Hercules. Thanos, Gladiator, and Surfer are at least as strong but they do not dwell on earth at this time.

Avatar image for kain_the_vampire
    Kain The Vampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Kain The Vampire

1.Hulk

2.Galactus

3.Hyperion

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Vrakmul

spider2dfly says:

The one above all or anyone with the heart of the Universe is strongest in the marvel universe, no questions asked.

electro nucleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By electro nucleo

the writers

Sinistron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sinistron

I would have to put Gladiator so where on that list

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vrakmul

Post Deleted.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Vrakmul

electro nucleo says:

"the writers"

Drawers.

electro nucleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By electro nucleo

Dreadnaught says:

"electro nucleo says:
    "the writers"
    Drawers. "

the fans

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Vrakmul

electro nucleo says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "electro nucleo says:
    "the writers"
    Drawers. "

the fans"

Without the Drawers neither the writers nor the fan's wishes can come true.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By warlock360

the writers

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The Enigma

spider2dfly says:

1) Sentry.

2) Hulk.

3) Black Bolt.

but would the Phoenix be more powerful than all of then? What abotu the other mutant omegas.

The reason i put Sentry so high is cos in WWH #5 the power he unleasehed was astounding: his comment about the power of a million susn or whatever could indeed be very true, infact he was only warming up when he went like crazy in new york. But, as has alrady been stated, he has to restrain himself to make sure that he doens't hurt anyone.

If all of his limitations were taken away he woudl be unmatched.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By rbysjti

The strongest

Blackbody perhaps?

The most powerful

Storm

Dr. Strange

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By Night Thrasher

Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Mr Universe, Quasar, that order nuff said!!!!!

Knowsbleed33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Knowsbleed33

Scathan is the most powerful Celestial and is said to be equal to the Living Tribunal.

Minilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Minilla

Hey guys, what's about Molly Hayes? We still have to catch up here in Germany concerning our X-Men and Runaway issues but she seems pretty strong (for a short period of time though but nonetheless...) and no one has mentioned her so far.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By zee crusher

I hate it when people say dumb sh!t like sentry is the strongest in marvel. Marvel clearly states hes the strongest in earth and only earth alone. He lost to hulk for goodness sake pretty badly. The strongest in marvel isn't even from marvel his name is beyonder. We all know him. The strongest hero in marvel would be between surfer and Thor. Chances are surfer wins if he goes godmode. Thor can't always get the rune magic on the dot.

Avatar image for superultramegaman
    Superultramegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Thor actually ever beaten the Hulk? And if he has I highly doubt it was like the beating the Hulk and the Sentry gave each other.Also the reason I believe The Sentry doesn't have "the power of a million exploding suns" is because a) he holds back his powers or b) he's fragmented into 3 different people.Rob, Sentry, and Void. I believe each holds a portion of power. If the 3 were ever made whole into one being, I believe he would have "the power of a million exploding suns". By the way isn't The Sentry supposed to be based off the siver age Superman or at least Shazam in some way?

SlovBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75  Edited By SlovBoy

I believe that the Sentry truly is stronger than the Hulk or at least his equal. So what if his face was all torn up? He wasn't exactly blocking Hulk's punches was he? He just wanted to end the threat (not necesarilly beat him) by using his full power (I still think he held back a little bit) on him. So did the Hulk! They both reverted back to human form. Banner (who LUCKED OUT) landed the last punch on him and he hit the floor!

I think that the Hulk (throughout the WWH storyline) was just a lucky SOB. I mean Dr. Strange (while being posessed by the Zemo demon) beat the crap out of the Hulk for a little bit, until he got distracted when he saw that he almost killed some pedestrians.

When Hulk was battling the X-Men, I agree that he beat a lot of them. Including Colossus, who Hulk defeated quite easily. But when the Juggernaut arrived (for the second time), he overpowered the Hulk. He beat his ass so hard that I naturally taught it was over for the Hulk. But in the end Cain got DISTRACTED because of Xavier who said that he was bringing down the foundations of the X-Mansion. Then Hulk used his momentum against him which made Juggernaut run into a lake.

In my mind, Sentry could beat him. If the Void can brake every bone in Hulk's body, then why can't he? The problem with him is that he's an agoraphobic schizophrenic and terrified of his own power, so that's the only thing holding him back. He dispersed only energy in their fight. He only hit him 4 times!

After reading the entire Planet Hulk and WWH saga, I started to dislike the Hulk. I mean, they really made him powerful and all ''I'm so tough you can't beat me HAHAHA!''. Like when he and Juggernaut were fighting, Juggernaut said: ''We've done...this dance before Hulk. And I...won.'' Hulk replied: ''Nobody...listens. What happened before...is as dead...as you're gonna be.'' And HE WAS LOSING. Common!! He had these stupid lines like: ''The humans' deadline better be up soon. 'Cause I'm really in the mood to smash.'' Why did the writers change him from the sweet ''Hulk wanna be alone'' guy. I liked that guy.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mantoid

The incredible Hulk!

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By pixelized

[=

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Adam Warlock.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mantoid

Vance Astro says:

"Adam Warlock."

Under Warlock's powers it said that he had Superhuman Strength that could push around Thor, but for his SS rankings, he is unranked. What gives?

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

mantoid says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Adam Warlock."
    Under Warlock's powers it said that he had Superhuman Strength that could push around Thor, but for his SS rankings, he is unranked. What gives? M"

It think his profile hasn't been updated.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mantoid

Vance Astro says:

"mantoid says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Adam Warlock."
    Under Warlock's powers it said that he had Superhuman Strength that could push around Thor, but for his SS rankings, he is unranked. What gives? M"
    It think his profile hasn't been updated."

Oh, I see. :)

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Morte Rapida says:

"Thor now has the Odinforce which is now known as the Thorforce. Thor is probably the most powerful being in the Marvel U, if not close to it."

He's not more powerful than Silver Surfer or Adam Warlock.

morte_rapida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By morte_rapida

Thor now has the Odinforce which is now known as the Thorforce. Thor is probably the most powerful being in the Marvel U, if not close to it.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mantoid

Surfer is insanely powerful! :)

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Static Shock

The One Above All. That can't be debated against. He's the diving 'God' of Marvel... The One Above All is totally omnipotent and omniscient, and is the most powerful being in the Marvel Omniverse. Its powers are unlimited, incalculable and immeasurable.

morte_rapida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By morte_rapida

Vance Astro says:

"Morte Rapida says:
    "Thor now has the Odinforce which is now known as the Thorforce. Thor is probably the most powerful being in the Marvel U, if not close to it."
    He's not more powerful than Silver Surfer or Adam Warlock."

Thor....with the Odinforce? Are you serious?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Morte Rapida says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Morte Rapida says:
    Thor....with the Odinforce? Are you serious?"

Yes,i'm dead serious.

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By spider2dfly

mantoid says:

"http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/c/c9/Silver_surfer.jpg/440px-Silver_surfer.jpgSurfer is insanely powerful! :)M"

Silver Surfer would'nt be Silver Surfer without Galactus' power cosmic, and what he has is just a fraction of it's total power..

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By spider2dfly

Vance Astro says:

"Morte Rapida says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Morte Rapida says:

Yes,i'm dead serious."

I kinda think that even with the "Thorforce", Hulk could still serve his butt on a silver platter. Like what the Hulk did when Thor was on a "warrior's madness"..

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Queen Kong

spider2dfly says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Morte Rapida says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Morte Rapida says:

Yes,i'm dead serious."

I kinda think that even with the "Thorforce", Hulk could still serve his butt on a silver platter. Like what the Hulk did when Thor was on a "warrior's madness".. "

Well that makes you a fanboy...

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By spider2dfly

!Drake! says:

"Queen Kong says:
    "spider2dfly says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Morte Rapida says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Morte Rapida says:
    Yes,i'm dead serious."
    I kinda think that even with the "Thorforce", Hulk could still serve his butt on a silver platter. Like what the Hulk did when Thor was on a "warrior's madness".. "
    Well that makes you a fanboy..."

THat does not make hi ma fan boy it makes you a hater

"

Now why would you say that? I don't hate the guy, I just said the facts that I believe in.. So don't hate me for it..

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By !Drake!

Queen Kong says:

"spider2dfly says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Morte Rapida says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Morte Rapida says:
    Yes,i'm dead serious."
    Well that makes you a fanboy..."

THat does not make hi ma fan boy it makes you a hater

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By G'bandit

simple marvel just want something better than DC's superman that is all.. just like they want to take out batman by placing the black phanter..

(fan) "why does the black phanter looks so much like batman???"

(marvel) "oh NO! they notes! lets do something abbout it! what is batman's code???"

(fan) well he dont uses guns!"

(marvel) that's it! to hell whit the spear and welcome bullets! now the fans wont notes...

(fan)why does black phanter haves bat ears like batman?"

(marvel) "they are not bat ears they are phanter ears"

(shoot the fan)

that's how it is... this is happening whit Sentry... casualty...a S is he's symbol....

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By G'bandit

well i dont think sentry haves inmortality like thor does...i mean thor is a god.. beside sentry is a copy of superman...

but dont worry when i become a comic writer im making a superhero that can destroy the entire galaxy brake the four wall and kill the one who draws it just by burping... lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that be interesting lol everyone running after he drinks a soda lmfao

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By zee crusher

spider2dfly says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Morte Rapida says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Morte Rapida says:

Yes,i'm dead serious."

Read the damn comic all hulk did was push him back in his chest area. You don't even have to be 100 tons to do this. Pushing him in his chest area while his hands are out isn't a feat. All you hulk fanboys count it as one. "Hulk destroys a pocket universe" Did you even read the comic?? Hulk couldn't destroy a pocket universe with the beyonders powers. All he did was clap and deflect a the real blast back at the universe which made no sense. Since when did clapping deflect energy attacks?? Don't go to hulk fan sites okay. If you do make sure they have pictures. Cause you guys don't look to smart yelling out half the story.

SilentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SilentStorm

Probably The New beyonder That's Featured In The Illuminati Series

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Night Thrasher

Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Mr Universe, Quasar, that order nuff said!!!!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The Strongest person on earth is the Sentry..despite Red Hulk's recent feats and losing to World War Hulk

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By brainiac 1.0
    Vance Astro said:
    "The Strongest person on earth is the Sentry..despite Red Hulk's recent feats and losing to World War Hulk"
    Thor can beat sentry.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

No he can't

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.