Should the Sentry Be Viewed as God?

#1 Posted by The Origin of Evil (12 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sentry is powerful, but should he really be so powerful that people in the Marvel Universe compare him to God?

#2 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

who compares him to God?

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

wtf...

checks to see if his smokes have been switched for waccy baccy

M

#4 Posted by The Origin of Evil (12 posts) - - Show Bio

No one actually says that he's God. But Ironman once told the president that the sentry was the closest thing to God

#5 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

The Origin of Evil says:

"No one actually says that he's God. But Ironman once told the president that the sentry was the closest thing to God "

so?

#6 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

lol God got beaten by Hulk

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91355 posts) - - Show Bio

The Origin of Evil says:

"No one actually says that he's God. But Ironman once told the president that the sentry was the closest thing to God "

Iron Man also said he would never drink again after being drunk in the suit...If Sue Storm hadn't stopped him he was going to keep doing it.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91355 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Cyrus says:
"lol God got beaten by Hulk"
dont be ridiculous"

look who your tellin...

#9 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyrus says:

dont be ridiculous

#10 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Apparition says:
"Cyrus says:
dont be ridiculous"
look who your tellin..."

so sad

#11 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope he shouldn't be.

#12 Posted by Ex (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would he be God? He's agoraphobic and crazy! He's super powerful, but it's not like Superman is God in the DC Universe.

#13 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry doesn't even have the power of one sun. I've seen much stronger. If some one calls sentry a god and hes lost to hulk. Then theres more powerful being like LT you have got to be crazy.

#14 Posted by Booster Gold Prime (215 posts) - - Show Bio

This is all so funny. Seriously though, am I the only one who thinks that we tend to over analyze certain things waaaaaaay too much? It can provoke some really interesting conversation at times; other times, like now for example, I just slap my forehead and laugh.

#15 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Quote from Thor in Avergers #166 during a battle with Count Nefaria:

"I have seen many like thee - weak and evil men who have gained world-shaking might and no greater wisdom! First, thee and thine ilk dream of being kings, and then of being gods. Claiming these honors by right of power! I will show thee power!"

It takes more than power to be a god. If it didn't, many could claim the title.

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91355 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"

Sentry doesn't even have the power of one sun. I've seen much stronger. If some one calls sentry a god and hes lost to hulk. Then theres more powerful being like LT you have got to be crazy.

"
Thor lost to Hulk....and he's a god.
#17 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

There are only two things I half to say...

1 How strong is the Sentry?

2 The sentry is nowere close to god... If you were going for power then that title gose to One-Above-All.

#18 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

did you mean The One Above All? ( non-celestial)

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91355 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry isn't a god but he should be viewed as a cosmic level being.

#20 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry maybe, but Bob Reynolds/Void are evil, so no.

#21 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

As it's been partly mentioned before, it'd be funny for the MU to compare him to God, cause then I could say Hulk beat up God.

Sort of. Maybe? No. Yes? Partly.

#22 Posted by MOONKNIGHT-LANTERN (389 posts) - - Show Bio

this thread fails....

#23 Posted by loveNwar (435 posts) - - Show Bio

God?? He's some guy that floats around, kicks some ass and, sometimes, gets his butt kicked in return. Story of every other hero, sorry, no divine features there.
The only one that is sometimes refered to as God in Marvel is The-One-Above-All. Other than that, the closest thing to God that i've seen was the original Beyonder (secret wars). Sentry ??? Come on, i'm quite sure that Galactus wouldn't even notice his small presence.

#24 Posted by MrDirector786 (43636 posts) - - Show Bio

A million exploding suns is nothing compared to the power of God.

#25 Posted by Sirnoobsalot (36 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91355 posts) - - Show Bio
@box turtle said:
"

Sentry maybe, but Bob Reynolds/Void are evil, so no.

"
The Void isn't evil and neither is Bob Reynolds.
#27 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"Sentry isn't a god but he should be viewed as a cosmic level being. "
#28 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry should be viewed as a nut job. He's crazier then a sh!t house rat.

#29 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, Blue Marvel kicked his @ss without even trying.

#30 Posted by King Saturn (224720 posts) - - Show Bio
what the hell is this
#31 Edited by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:

" what the hell is this "

It's what happens when Bendis smokes too much drugs at 2 am in the morning

logs on comicvine and gets inspired for the next issue of Avengers
#32 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cyrus said:
"

lol God got beaten by Hulk

"
smackdown
#33 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

not god maybe the devil

#34 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
@BatDance said:
" @King Saturn said:

" what the hell is this "

It's what happens when Bendis smokes too much drugs at 2 am in the morning  logs on comicvine and gets inspired for the next issue of Avengers "
LMFAO
#35 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8901 posts) - - Show Bio

If by God people mean the Abrahamic God, then no Sentry is nothing like God in any way. I'm not religious but if we take the definition of God as the faiths describes him, then Sentry is a nothing compared he's not even 1 grain of dust in the Sand compared to the Abrahamic deity.  
I mean come on God's definitions in Abrahamic religions thwart Sentry without even having to notice him:
1- The Torah defines God as simply  "I am"  period, Meaning he has no beginning or end he just is.  
2-He is One, who is everything in existence and appart from it in his will as Islam defines in canon 
3-The Alpha and the Omega who is absolute beginning and End. 
4-All-Mighty, who is the power and the Glory. Meaning nothing at all is above him, has ever been above him or will ever be above him. This means without a single effort he can wipe away all existence  and there would nothing nobody could ever do to stop it period
5-All-Knowing, all understanding, all wise. Meaning he knows everything that has ever been, is and ever will be 

Seriously it's not even a contest.  

Now as others have pointed out Marvel has the One who is above all who's supposed to be God or something. The company stays away from touching to closely to Abrahamic religions. But if the One-who-is-Above all is even a little close to God/Allah/Yaweh then Sentry is a gnat compared.
#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91355 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
"
If by God people mean the Abrahamic God, then no Sentry is nothing like God in any way. I'm not religious but if we take the definition of God as the faiths describes him, then Sentry is a nothing compared he's not even 1 grain of dust in the Sand compared to the Abrahamic deity.  
I mean come on God's definitions in Abrahamic religions thwart Sentry without even having to notice him:
1- The Torah defines God as simply  "I am"  period, Meaning he has no beginning or end he just is.  
2-He is One, who is everything in existence and appart from it in his will as Islam defines in canon 
3-The Alpha and the Omega who is absolute beginning and End. 
4-All-Mighty, who is the power and the Glory. Meaning nothing at all is above him, has ever been above him or will ever be above him. This means without a single effort he can wipe away all existence  and there would nothing nobody could ever do to stop it period
5-All-Knowing, all understanding, all wise. Meaning he knows everything that has ever been, is and ever will be 

Seriously it's not even a contest.   Now as others have pointed out Marvel has the One who is above all who's supposed to be God or something. The company stays away from touching to closely to Abrahamic religions. But if the One-who-is-Above all is even a little close to God/Allah/Yaweh then Sentry is a gnat compared. "
#37 Posted by Bullseye1930 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

There is only one god, and his name is Chuck Norris.
#38 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Ironman means close to a god like Thor and not TOAA.

#39 Posted by Anzendenai (126 posts) - - Show Bio

God or god?

Really if you mean real one then yes Sentry/Void is nowhere near

But if we are talking about Odin/Zeus kind of gods then yes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.